Interior room

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I’m starting to think about getting a Bronco in a year or two. Yes that’s how long it takes me to decide. Mainly because we just got a Telluride for my wife a year ago and I like to research quite a bit before I decide. Currently I own a 2019 Tacoma, I drove a Tundra before that. I also own a 66 Mustang. Saw a Bronco at a car show that I was in and immediately knew I needed one. My question is does anyone know how the interiors feel compared to a Tacoma, size wise. Mine is a double cab trd off-road. I fit fine in my Tacoma but do not want to go smaller for the interior. I know Tacomas are pretty small inside but I have not had a chance to sit inside a Bronco or haven’t seen one since August. I’m a big guy (width) so a little wider would be nice. Was really hoping the Bronco would have a silver blue color to match my Mustang, but that Area 51 is such a nice color!
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door will have much more room. The 4 door’s b pillar is right by your shoulder so you’ll have marginally less. Most dealers have a “mannequin” or two at this point that you can and sit in just for this.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There should be enough Broncos on the road to get a good comparison.

I have only had the chance to sit in one Bronco, and to me it felt nearly identical to my Tacoma as far as width.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like folks said, find one to sit in. The interior room feels comparable to the Tacoma.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6'6, 300 lbs here. 52 inch chest, 40 inch waist, so shoulders were a concern for me. I found the 4 door as comfortable as the new F150, fit nicely in both, but I think my 08 F150 has more shoulder, hip width. 2 Door wont have pillar at your shoulder due to longer doors, but if you've driven a 4 door truck, odds are you're used to the pillar being by your shoulder.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two door feels less crammed than a Tacoma.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A little bigger than a taco, but seating is far better. smaller than tundra.

OP
OP

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 4 door will probably be the one I will have to buy, don’t think my kid will want to have to climb into the back in a 2 door. I have plenty of shoulder room in the Tacoma. It’s just the cramped feeling I am not crazy about. It may be the seats I don’t like either, not being able to adjust up and down is a bother, but they changed that in 2020. Plus the seats are just not comfortable on road trips. I haven’t seen any Broncos on the road here in Washington, only saw the one at a car show.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m starting to think about getting a Bronco in a year or two. Yes that’s how long it takes me to decide. Mainly because we just got a Telluride for my wife a year ago and I like to research quite a bit before I decide. Currently I own a 2019 Tacoma, I drove a Tundra before that. I also own a 66 Mustang. Saw a Bronco at a car show that I was in and immediately knew I needed one. My question is does anyone know how the interiors feel compared to a Tacoma, size wise. Mine is a double cab trd off-road. I fit fine in my Tacoma but do not want to go smaller for the interior. I know Tacomas are pretty small inside but I have not had a chance to sit inside a Bronco or haven’t seen one since August. I’m a big guy (width) so a little wider would be nice. Was really hoping the Bronco would have a silver blue color to match my Mustang, but that Area 51 is such a nice color!
Much more space, I'm 6'5 375. I have plenty of room. In a tacoma I feel cramped. Kids grown, I got a 2 door on order. pillar is further back giving more shoulder room. Me in a 4 door. Seat adjusted down, it was up all the way when I got in, my head was above roof line.

Ford Bronco Interior room 4432

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A little bigger than a taco, but seating is far better. smaller than tundra.
As long as it’s in between the Tacoma and Tundra it should be fine. Now hopefully the 2.7L is better than the anemic V6 in the Tacoma.

Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as it’s in between the Tacoma and Tundra it should be fine. Now hopefully the 2.7L is better than the anemic V6 in the Tacoma.
Here is what I have ordered, 2 door badlands sasquatch. This one's an Outerbanks.

Ford Bronco Interior room forum

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an 04 Taco 4 door and now the 4 door BL. Space is a bit more in the Bronco, I have no problem at all with the B pillar, I'm 6'3" and have the Taco seat all the way to the back, Bronco seat could go further. Shoulder space feels a bit more generous, but not in any really noticable way. Seats are super comfy (MGV). Everything is laid out perfectly for me, window makes a great arm rest (would not have bought it otherwise), you should be fine. But see if you can find one to try. I'm very happy.

OP
OP

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an 04 Taco 4 door and now the 4 door BL. Space is a bit more in the Bronco, I have no problem at all with the B pillar, I'm 6'3" and have the Taco seat all the way to the back, Bronco seat could go further. Shoulder space feels a bit more generous, but not in any really noticable way. Seats are super comfy (MGV). Everything is laid out perfectly for me, window makes a great arm rest (would not have bought it otherwise), you should be fine. But see if you can find one to try. I'm very happy.
I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time to test drive one in the future. It’s gonna be a while before I get one. Too bad though, I was offered $38K for my Tacoma at the local Toyota dealership, but there is nothing I want right now cause there ain’t nothing available. It’s nice that o hear the bronco is a bit more roomier.

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll second going to the local dealer & checking out their mannequin.

I'm a giant (6'4" and 290#) and I was pleasantly surprised by the room in the driver's seat.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now hopefully the 2.7L is better than the anemic V6 in the Tacoma.
That goes without saying. You're comparing it to something from Japan, after all. Of course an American engine is going to be better.

Ford Bronco Interior room CaptainObvious
Sponsored