_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t really have an opinion yet since I haven’t seen one in person to judge, but it looks nice enough in the pics. I am planning on looking out my expansive openness as I am driving though and not at the grain/texture on my dash. I will say the seats had better be comfortable, and every review I have heard so far is positive in that regard.
The good news about the interior is that the seats are comfortable. Or at least they were the short time I sat in them.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the 1% that will use their vehicle like actually designed, they'll select the non-lux interiors.
That silliness that everyone is buying a Bronco to never go off road, is just absurd. A lot more than 1% will use these things off road. I realize people like to mirror image, and they pretend that since they won't take it off road, they can decide that essentially no one will. That's crap. People drive Jeeps off road...a whole lot of them. This is no different. A lot will, a lot won't...but not "99%".

That said...that's not even the most important thing...the critical thing in sales is that most people buying envision themselves driving it off road and living that lifestyle, and whether they do or not is of no consequence. So...they buy off road packages in droves like Badlands / Sasquatch etc...and want interiors that match the image of the truck. Off road durable, simple, easily cleaned interiors. That's what sells this vehicle...and the proof is in the number of orders and the sky high number of Wrangler sales annually.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I wanted a vehicle for luxury and creature comforts I would have bought a lightly used land cruiser.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, but simple the Bronco is not. There's so much off road tech in here its amazing. You cant even buy and retrofit what the Bronco has in some respects. electronic cutting brakes, on demand swaybar disconnect under load. Ford probably should have made a 2wd "Lux" and 4wd off roader. 360 trail cam with rock view. Its amazing and worthy of a 50K tag, it is just the perception of the people who love the look, but don't want to give up the comforts society has told us we have to have. If I was in that category, I'd buy a base and take it to an upholstery shop with the saved funds.
Good points. I guess that's the thing, is that some people are seeing the lack of creature comforts, and you're looking at the capability. For me, I know I'll never use even 50% of its capability, but really like the idea of fun vehicle that looks as great as the Bronco.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im disappointed a bit in the interior but for different reason. I sat in a Bronco Sport Badlands I really like some things that are not happening in the Bronco. The under seat storage bins, nice. The zipped soft pouch above the molle grid, great for offroading. The seat covers that look like they zip off so I can replace em when they get torn up, perfect for an active lifestyle. The 400 watt inverter in the trunk, could be more powerful, 750 to 1000 watt is usually good for most power tools for trail repairs, but 400 watts is better than 150.

Dont get me wrong most other things about the Bronco are right on. The tops, the exterior, the floors, the dash, the grab handles, the doors, the capability. I love it all. But you are right that the interior is a little lacking even if we dont agree on the things its lacking in. To me it looks plush, maybe a touch too much. Oh well what are we gonna do.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That silliness that everyone is buying a Bronco to never go off road, is just absurd. A lot more than 1% will use these things off road.
Plus there are many variations of "off road". We use our 4Runner mostly on farm land, back woods, riverside, simple stuff. Might not ever go rocking or baja or water fording but we'll be off pavement plenty.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rolls Royce and Bentley make convertibles. They are not off-road vehicles, but that doesn't mean your comment about the removable top being incompatible with a luxury interior has any merit.

And for the crowd saying, "It's an off-road vehicle!" neither the Bronco nor the Wrangler would exist if it wasn't for buyers buying for the look to act as "mall crawlers", increasing volume and making it a profitable and worthwhile endeavor for the manufacturers.
Rolls & Bentley are not marketing their convertibles as off-road capable vehicles. When a car company markets a vehicle to have certain capabilities you can bet that there will be many buyers that will test those capabilities. Look at when the Raptor came out in 2010. People were out jumping them like crazy and bending the frames. On the very first official Raptor Run several trucks bent their frames. Ford stepped up and fixed them. What do you would happen if Ford markets the Bronco as an off-road machine and puts in a plush high interior? The first outing that Mr Baller Bronco buyer does with the top and doors off trashes the interior. After he posts online about what a POS the Bronco is and how stupid Ford was for making the interior that isn't capable to go off-road he will head to the dealer for a warranty claim. Maybe Ford will come out with a Lincoln version for the mall baller buyers.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m starting to think Ford is in a BIG hurry to get the 21’s sold (not just ordered) because there is going to be fierce wave of competition coming directly on the Bronco’s heels. And they are working against so many obstacles (mainly supply chain bottlenecks). The good news for them is that they do have a huge backlog of orders. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are indeed cutting corners and keeping it simple just to get the damn things out the door. It’s also not gone unnoticed that there is almost no footage or talk whatsoever coming from anyone that’s driven one of these things anywhere outside of MOAB. Why is that?

With the current political climate, it seems quite possible that Ford could get caught behind the market if the market shifts towards hybrid and ev capable vehicles and that shift could happen fairly quickly. In July of 2020 they were probably competing with Jeep Wrangler. Now, they are competing with Jeep Wrangler 4xe and LR Defender (which already has a mild hybrid). In late 2021, they are going to be completing with a new wave of Jeep EV’s and hybrids, EV Hummers, Defender PHEV, Telsa’s cybertruck and a whole fleet of Toyota refreshes. If the costs of these vehicles get offset by rising gas prices and tax-incentives, the Bronco as it is today could take a dive in sales. So, if Ford can sell them as is, right now, they probably are hot to get it done as quickly and simply as possible. All the talk about cheap=rugged or utilitarian is just BS. Premium materials can be just as rugged and easy to clean if they are designed for that purpose.
A hybrid was originally planned for launch but was dropped to help preserve the timeline. If they use the "plug and play" version like the F-150 that sandwiches between the engine/transmission, we will for sure see it in a few years, probably at refresh.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember the first time I saw the JL Rubicon interior - I thought, hey - thats different, thats neat. I thought the same thing when I saw the 2 Broncos at reveal. Looks like they put some real thought into this - its unique.
I dont feel that way about the production interiors - theyre just kinda there. Not great, not bad, just ok. I can live with that - but the reveal interiors were a home run, whereas what we get is a single where the runner reached 2nd on an error.

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned a couple of dozen new Fords over the years including currently a 19 Expedition Platinum (21 ordered), a 21 Expedition Platinum, and a 2019 KR F250, and all of their interiors leave ALOT to be desired for $83K MSRPs. A few years ago, my wife had a 17 $50K GT convertible, and its interior looked straight out of the economy rental car section at Enterprise. A $50K MSRP is just that, whether on a Stang or Bronco. Give the consumer something that is at least somewhat comparable to your asking price.

IMO, Ford is best at full-size SUVs and full-size pickups, but their interiors are barely better than average and their B&O stereos suck. They need to get their shit together with their orange peel paint jobs and dated technology systems.

It's shame Dodge is such an electrical and powertrain disaster because they know how to design a truck interior.

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So many posts on this thread read like an excerpt from the Ted Kaczynski School of Technology. I can get with the whole idea that a Roll Royce interior isn’t suitable for the Bronco. I can even get with the idea that the interior is actually very nice. But I can’t get with the idea that the interior needs to be cheap because the top comes off or it has off-road capability.

The class of materials has nothing to do with suitability for it’s marketed purpose. You absolutely can have a nice interior that’s waterproof and washout. Marine grade vinyl, done right, is a perfect example of this. The powder coated dash in the Defender would certainly hold up and clean up way better than any plastic ever would, even being exposed to the elements. Many boats also serve as great example of what’s possible. Nice doesn’t have to be Rolls Royce or leather and suede.

The question is really about why Ford is skipping what is certainly a viable market - consumers who will pay a premium price for premium materials. Can Ford build an off-roader with premium interior and sell it? Personally, I’m not convinced Ford wants to compete in that market and right now they don’t need it since they can barely fill the orders they have.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've owned a couple of dozen new Fords over the years including currently a 19 Expedition Platinum (21 ordered), a 21 Expedition Platinum, and a 2019 KR F250, and all of their interiors leave ALOT to be desired for $83K MSRPs. A few years ago, my wife had a 17 $50K GT convertible, and its interior looked straight out of the economy rental car section at Enterprise. A $50K MSRP is just that, whether on a Stang or Bronco. Give the consumer something that is at least somewhat comparable to your asking price.

IMO, Ford is best at full-size SUVs and full-size pickups, but their interiors are barely better than average and their B&O stereos suck. They need to get their shit together with their orange peel paint jobs and dated technology systems.

It's shame Dodge is such an electrical and powertrain disaster because they know how to design a truck interior.
You mean a something like this. Because this is all a truck interior needs to be, anyone that needs more out of a truck interior is better off just hiring someone to do whatever work they think they are going to do in their truck.
T75A81JSJQQAAAA?w=134&h=202&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

This is luxury. See the visors? The padded ceiling? The bright chrome bezels? The imprinted graphics on the seats? Overhead lighting? What more do you need?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look at it this way. The more they spend on making the interior look better the less they have to spend on making the Bronco actually perform better. The design team is given a budget. Not everything they want will fit within the budget. The entire Bronco has a budget. If the interior team runs over budget that money has to come from another area. That means cuts to drivetrain, suspension, wheels/tires, etc. Personally I am a function over form person. If it doesn't help it go, stop, or turn better it is a much lower priority. You want a Lincoln interior, it will cost you Lincoln money.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean a something like this. Because this is all a truck interior needs to be, anyone that needs more out of a truck interior is better off just hiring someone to do whatever work they think they are going to do in their truck.
T75A81JSJQQAAAA?w=134&h=202&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

This is luxury. See the visors? The padded ceiling? The bright chrome bezels? The imprinted graphics on the seats? Overhead lighting? What more do you need?
Until Ford changed their mind, you couldn't get the 'padded ceiling' on the MIC top on some configurations. So, I'd say that truck interior is more lux than the new Bronco...
edit
Looking closer, I'd say it's way better. Nice matching metal dash, quality looking materials. More coherent color palette.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Inferior interior
Sponsored