Sponsored

Interior thread - 2018-2021 Wrangler JL 4 door vs 2021 Bronco - from people that have seen (Bronco) & own JL

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi - I made this thread to get opinions from actual owners of Wrangler JL. Exterior and interior are both important to me, so this is a comparison of both vehicals. Not the LR or the 4Runner, not BMW or Porsche or Gwagen references.

I have seen a lot of complaints on the interior lately. I actually have the same feelings - but I wanted to collect thoughts from Wrangler JL owners considering the interior between the Bronco (which they have seen) and the JL they own. I spent about an hour the other day in a 2021 JL - a few of them, cloth seats and leather. I definitely have my preference - I wanted to gather everyone else's thoughts on this thread.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in a Rubicon for a bit one week then the following week was in Broncos in all interior trim levels. The Bronco felt bigger and the windshield wasn't as claustrophobic as the Jeep but the Jeep interior seemed a bit less utilitarian and a little more refined. I still strongly prefered the Bronco interior especially the MGV offerings.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own and currently daily drive a '19 JLU. I've also sat in a Bronco (the Badlands models that toured the middle of the country). In just about every way I prefer the Bronco interior.

It feels less cluttered, more modern, and cleaner to me. I like the 12" screen a lot. I simply prefer the look.

Neither is luxurious from a touch-and-feel perspective. They are what they are.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always felt the Wrangler interior was clunky, poorly laid out and an afterthought. Hopefully they up their game due to the competition.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed the touch points on the Wrangler were better, and making me second guess myself. The shift knob and the steering wheel. I really won't be touching the top of the dash. This was only true in the higher Wrangler trims - with leather seats. The lower cloth set trims sucked.

I am specifically comparing to the MGV trim on trim in the Bronco.

As mentioned above I do notice the clutter feeling in the Wrangler, and I also notice it is "dark" if that means anything to anyone.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally think the JLU has a nicer interior than the Bronco. Especially the leather variants. I ordered a JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel this morning. Went cloth seats because I’m going to have the soft top down a lot. Don’t want to fry my back on black leather seats in the summer sun. The Bronco interior is definitely more utilitarian to me. FCA (now Stellantis) knows interiors, just look at the Ram pickups. Dealer gave me a 5-6 week delivery estimate :cool:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My brother has a new Rubicon I get stuck driving too often when he needs to use my truck. Have been doing this for years in at least 4 different Wranglers. I was hoping the interior comfort was better in the Bronco, because I really hate driving his Wranglers. Seats are more comfortable, head room and leg room are better in the front, but worse in the back on Bronco. Shoulder room and cargo room the same. Tiny windshield/dash the same. Bronco wins on interior layout, things like the hero switches and goat mode dial. Rubicon is clunky with the 4x4 shifter and location of the sway bar disconnect/lockers. Its personal preference but I feel his Rubicon wins in fit/finish, which isn't surprising considering we all get the base interior in Bronco for now, the only trim upgrades that made the final cut are mgv wrapped door plates :rolleyes: .

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I ordered a JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel this morning...

Dealer gave me a 5-6 week delivery estimate :cool:
I thought the ordering window was closed. Did you order a 2021 or 2022?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^^that's an important point to note. Trims from the BD and down have the same materials as the base, and trims OBX and up ONLY get a change of material for the upper door inserts. So, by in large, we are all getting a 30k interior. Jeep, like almost every other vehicle, has levels to their materials, so if your comparing materials for the bronco/wrangler, it depends on what tier wrangler.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the ordering window was closed. Did you order a 2021 or 2022?
21. Believe 22 ordering opens in June or July. There’s a special color available now that I wanted to get so I jumped on it. Not sure if it’ll be available in 22 or not. Went with Gecko. It’s going to be bright 😆

It‘ll look like this except I went with the black premium soft top and black fenders to break it up a little. All green is a tad too much for me. Going with a 3.5” lift, black beadlocks and 37s plus gears, armor, bumpers, etc.

Ford Bronco Interior thread - 2018-2021 Wrangler JL 4 door vs 2021 Bronco - from people that have seen (Bronco) & own JL 1E7C91F0-C92A-4317-B683-23BE5E4677BD

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^that's an important point to note. Trims from the BD and down have the same materials as the base, and trims OBX and up ONLY get a change of material for the upper door inserts.
Not exactly "ONLY"...they also get a different dashboard on the higher trims, referred to by Ford as "High Level Instrument Panel".

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not exactly "ONLY"...they also get a different dashboard on the higher trims, referred to by Ford as "High Level Instrument Panel".
Apparently not - we confirmed HLIP was dropped. Me and Zach led the charge on a dedicated thread. Dash surround materials are identical, it's just a different color. All broncos have a hard plastic dash
Sponsored