Interior water intrusion questions

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Questions below are more in reference to the 2DB, rather than the 4DB or 4DSport.

What is the Interior resistance to water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system?

Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding). Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?

Advertisement

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Clubs

Questions below are more in reference to the 2DB, rather than the 4DB or 4DSport.

What is the Interior resistance to water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system?

Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding). Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?
I highly doubt they are recommending or guaranteeing that the whole interior is water proof.
Everyone with a convertible top runs the same risk, IMO

tyrobronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
Clubs

Everything has rubber around it in the hopes no water gets into them.

WuNgUn

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Everything has rubber around it in the hopes no water gets into them.
Not everything... Steering wheel buttons and dash top buttons only, from what I've seen. Your center stack would not like getting wet!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase

They're advertising this. So, I imagine water intrusion has come up in their engineering discussions.

1595102883907.jpeg

Garemlin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Wranglers all have some sort of water resistance with all of the electronics. I'm sure the Bronco will as well. What the IP rating is who knows. I wouldn't be too worried about getting caught in the rain for a short time. Or water splashing in. But I don't think I'd be comfortable hosing down the dash or center console.

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Clubs

I would imagine everything within the 33” of water fording should be able to take it. Aka, there should not be any water going into the air vents in the console that will be well above 3 ft off the ground.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
I’m sure it’s similar to your “waterproof” smartphone. A splash or spray here and there shouldn’t hurt anything. I wouldn’t intentionally spray the dash with a hose though.

fossil

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor 1995 SVT Cobra
big difference between water resistant and water proof as some smartphone owners can attest.
And I suppose some Jeep owners with remote sway bar disconnects.

Advertisement

Advertisement