Interior water intrusion questions

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Questions below are more in reference to the 2DB, rather than the 4DB or 4DSport.

What is the Interior resistance to water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system?

Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding). Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Questions below are more in reference to the 2DB, rather than the 4DB or 4DSport.

What is the Interior resistance to water intrusion with regards to the dash electronics and HVAC system?

Meaning suppose an owner is out and about with no doors and no roof - gets caught in a storm (or encountered large body of water during trail riding). Will electronics be damaged If wet or HVAC be damaged if rainwater goes down the vents?
I highly doubt they are recommending or guaranteeing that the whole interior is water proof.
Everyone with a convertible top runs the same risk, IMO

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything has rubber around it in the hopes no water gets into them.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything has rubber around it in the hopes no water gets into them.
Not everything... Steering wheel buttons and dash top buttons only, from what I've seen. Your center stack would not like getting wet!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

They're advertising this. So, I imagine water intrusion has come up in their engineering discussions.

Ford Bronco Interior water intrusion questions 1595102883907

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Wranglers all have some sort of water resistance with all of the electronics. I'm sure the Bronco will as well. What the IP rating is who knows. I wouldn't be too worried about getting caught in the rain for a short time. Or water splashing in. But I don't think I'd be comfortable hosing down the dash or center console.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would imagine everything within the 33” of water fording should be able to take it. Aka, there should not be any water going into the air vents in the console that will be well above 3 ft off the ground.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure it’s similar to your “waterproof” smartphone. A splash or spray here and there shouldn’t hurt anything. I wouldn’t intentionally spray the dash with a hose though.

Deleted member 3063

big difference between water resistant and water proof as some smartphone owners can attest.
And I suppose some Jeep owners with remote sway bar disconnects.
Sponsored