Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did a search but didn't find too much.

Does anyone know how durable the interior will be when it comes to precipitation. Let's say someone's out without a top and a thunderstorm hits.

I know jeeps are pretty good, but there have been some issues with the steering wheel/clockspring.

Anyone have any insight? I'd rather know ahead of time than finding out the hard way.
Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the model and the seats you pick.
BL. Incredibly durable to weather.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cloth seats might get damp. 😁 MGV seats with washout floors should no issue at all.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your most vulnerable components are electric. There's switches on the dash. Maybe search using those as criteria.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a search but didn't find too much.

Does anyone know how durable the interior will be when it comes to precipitation. Let's say someone's out without a top and a thunderstorm hits.

I know jeeps are pretty good, but there have been some issues with the steering wheel/clockspring.

Anyone have any insight? I'd rather know ahead of time than finding out the hard way.
A bit early to tell. I am encouraged by the fact that they are using silicone over the switches. This should help with the water resistance. However, I am hoping that the silicone stands up to the Florida heat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dral97

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm thinking more about the electronics I guess....like the center selectors, audio system, steering wheel controls.

Have neoprene on my YJ seats and love it.

OP
OP
Dral97

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A bit early to tell. I am encouraged by the fact that they are using silicone over the switches. This should help with the water resistance. However, I am hoping that the silicone stands up to the Florida heat.
Ah that is good to know. Thanks!

Hopefully there is similar protection (maybe under certain parts) that will give the same protection to other electrical parts.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Florida heat?!

*laughs in Arizona*

Ford does have a testing facility just outside Phoenix, so here's to hoping they've used it.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The switches are all supposed to be weather sealed. I'm assuming the screen is too.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond & Badlands will be just fine with the marine grade vinyl seats, rubberized flooring and silicone sealed switches. I'm in Colorado and plan to have the top off most of the time, which is why I went with the Black Diamond. We do get brief storms in the afternoons so I won't mind having the top off at all.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the switches shouldn't be a problem because they're supposed to be sealed with silicone, but who knows how durable it will be. I have heard it said multiple times that rain shouldn't be a problem, but we won't know until we know.

That being said, I have gotten absolutely soaked in my JKU multiple times (before I got a soft top) and the only thing that ever broke was one clockspring. It wasn't too bad to repair and I found one for half the price of factory online.

When running topless, I would recommend always bringing the front panels for the hard top with you in case a rain storm hits. Even if you can't drive with them on like a Jeep, You can at least pull over and protect the dash electronics. The one time I wasn't able to put those panels on my Jeep was when the clockspring finally broke.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Florida heat?!

*laughs in Arizona*

Ford does have a testing facility just outside Phoenix, so here's to hoping they've used it.
It might be a refernce to the heat index down there with the brutal humidity. But coming from California with the world's record for hottest place on earth (Mojave's Death Valley) I can relate to the Arizona viewpoint. :cool:

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It might be a refernce to the heat index down there with the brutal humidity. But coming from California with the world's record for hottest place on earth (Mojave's Death Valley) I can relate to the Arizona viewpoint. :cool:
Oh, i'm certain it is, i've been in parts of florida that make me *beg* to be back in 115 deg heat...

As for Death Valley, nobody is dumb enough to live there, we've got almost 5 million honor students (including myself) living in this cactus-shaped oven.
Sponsored