First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands / Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Less than 500km (300mi) 2.3L 7speed bronco won’t start. Tried boosting, tried trickle charging nothing. Towed to dealer stated they checked electrical all connectors to fuse box look good. Started fine every time for dealer. Bring it home yesterday runs fine, restarts no problem. This morning same issue accessories turn on press start head an audible click no start. Try again 5 minutes later it starts. Looking for recommendations sat at the dealer longer than at home. Less than half a tank of gas and have no confidence in this thing.

thanks!
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Less than 500km (300mi) 2.3L 7speed bronco won’t start. Tried boosting, tried trickle charging nothing. Towed to dealer stated they checked electrical all connectors to fuse box look good. Started fine every time for dealer. Bring it home yesterday runs fine, restarts no problem. This morning same issue accessories turn on press start head an audible click no start. Try again 5 minutes later it starts. Looking for recommendations sat at the dealer longer than at home. Less than half a tank of gas and have no confidence in this thing.

thanks!
time to sell :rolleyes:

rhymeswithbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you check the battery terminal connections? I understand the dealer supposedly went through everything but sometimes the most obvious solutions are the most overlooked.

OP
OP

j.lair

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands / Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you check the battery terminal connections? I understand the dealer supposedly went through everything but sometimes the most obvious solutions are the most overlooked.
Yes doing the battery disconnect to try and reset computer. Hit the battery posts with scotch bright going to give her a try again shortly. Some of the positive connectors weren’t super tight so gave them a crank as well

HerHorse

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands,ecoboost,ecodiesel, but not eco friendly!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I believe there is going to be big problems with these units. Our bronco has 177 miles on it and the global module went out (what ever that is) and would not do anything except for some dash lights would come on but would not go off unless you disconnected the battery had to be literally dragged out of my shop and brought to the dealer and its been there 2 weeks with no word when it might be fixed.

Sponsored

BorderBroncoBL

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thanks!
I have same issue. First day I had it, I drove 300 miles and had 10 miles to empty when I got home. Next morning it wouldn't start. I thought the gas must have cooled and settled and didn't have enough to start. I put a gallon of gas in and it started right up. Happened two more times with plenty of gas. Took it to the dealer who found the following:

The wire connection to the gateway module is poor. The pins were installed from factory incorrectly and were bent. We need to do a wiring repair and replace the terminal end."

They replaced the part, but they're still seeing service lights and codes. They've had it two weeks now and still no clue. They're checking all electrical connections.

mocktheworld

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1990 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
mine has been at ford since last Tuesday. I went out to leave for work in the morning and the car wouldn't start, dash wouldn't come on or anything. they tow it , go to bring it into the dealership to take a look on Wednesday and the car starts right up. I go pick it up around 5:30 Wednesday night, park it around 6, go to leave the house at 9pm and same exact thing. I come home around 11pm and while im walking toward the car, I see the dash lit up. scrolling through all these codes- hood open, 4x4 not engaged, hill assist off etc. ford comes and takes it again on Thursday morning. was told over the weekend the gateway module is the issue, we are now waiting for a new one to come in.
Sponsored