Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone elaborate on this ugly guts motion engine info? I've been leaning towards a base 2-door 2.3L manual. But I tend to hang onto vehicles like grim death, lol. In that case, is the 2.7L V6 a better option for me (even though it means missing out on the manual)?
I'm not sure what he was getting at. The 2.3 has been in service since 2015 or so, with tens of millions of street miles by now. Any research shows it's quite a robust engine that should last a good amount of miles. I keep my cars a long time too, so I understand your concerns. Other than a turbo to add complexity, its a regular ole 4-cylinder. I'm pretty sure it was designed with turbo charging from the onset, so I'd expect it well meets Ford's durability specs.

The 2.7 is turbo as well, so I see no better advantage to that engine over the 2.3 regarding durability.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just as a reference, my 4x4 F150 is about 23”
53D2ACCB-B821-4175-9B4B-AB8D74708316.jpeg
What trim do you have? I have an XLT 4x4, my hubby has more lift on his (FX4). His is a little lower than yours at the door. Both of us have a 4" space between the step and the door.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone asked if 33s would fit on the stock trims, and they said yes 33s should be fine. Not sure they’ve tested it in all conditions to check for rubbing though.

Step in height was about 20” when I checked. I couldn’t get close enough for a good image since the model was roped off in a weird orientation.
Thank you!! Awesome information!

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!! Awesome information!
You’re welcome!! I remember looking at the OBX model and thinking “who the heck needs these tube steps on here?” The OBX is so much lower to the ground compared to the Badlands and SAS. Im sure some people need the step though.

Sponsored

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for this! Looking forward to the B&P update in January. I was at the event in Mammoth and tried to get specifics on BL Squatch vs non Squatch but nothing new. He wasn’t even aware that the 4.7 gearing was showing as a free upgrade on BL and kinda seemed shocked when I told him ? I’m guessing its a bug. Also curios if that 2” lift is available on all trims including Squatch. Thanks again

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry if this was already asked.
Will the Bronco show TPMS readings from all 5 wheels in a 5 wheel tire rotation, and will it know which 4 are on the hubs, and which one is on the swing gate?

@SHLYGRR

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Q&A tells me they are not and were not even close to finalizing anything Bronco anytime soon. Not mad at all ... lets get it right and ship them out!!!

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you @SHLYGRR @RedDawg @Cold_steel for the info and pictures! Any chance y'all saw what size cooler was in the back of the red concept? With it turned sideway and the picture angle, it makes the back space look spacious.
It’s a 45 quart cooler in the back of the Fishing Concept. The cooler is 27” long, 17” wide, and 16” tall.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this was already asked.
Will the Bronco show TPMS readings from all 5 wheels in a 5 wheel tire rotation, and will it know which 4 are on the hubs, and which one is on the swing gate?

@SHLYGRR
That’s a good question!! I think there was a video on that recently. I’ll see if I can ask. The expo is f%$&ing swamped today. Honestly, I may leave to avoid Covid risks.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these answers end up being true (2" lift, interior color customization, B&P glitch fixes) then I am aboard for the slight delay (as if I have a choice). But seriously, these answers are good signs that Ford is listening to concerns and making changes where possible.

Now let's see if Ford's definition of MID-month has changed as well ?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting! Great quetions and answers! I only had two questions/issues, but I think they are answered. Navy Pier now Black and winch issue. One issue fixed... Winch, I'm back to 50/50.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the Q&A, we need more of these!! ;)

Looking forward toe the B&P update, I'm hoping I can get Warn Xeon 10-s, Roof sound deadening and roof rails on a Badlands SAS, 2.7L.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s a good question. General consensus has been that the B&P is flawed and any unique glitches for a specific trim are probably just oversights. Logically it would make sense that the auto transmission cost is already baked into the OBX price. But then what’s the charge going to be for the 2.7?? Not sure.
What If the 7sp and Auto are price neutral as far as Ford is concerned. $1895 is just the cost of the 2.7L which a this time can only be mated to the auto. Maybe it’s not that the OBX includes the auto, it’s just not offered with a 7 sp because it’s a mall crawler.
Sponsored