Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good thing is you can use your FordPass points for it so it's basically free,
True. Assuming the price is that. The question is what Ford will do for the amount of points it gives for the delays to reservees though

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you so much for all of this information. This has been the best post for me so far in the forum. However, a couple things bother me. B&P was mainly for the Sport and the Bronco was just basically added to appease us with bugs? How in the world were we supposed to order on December 7th (I get it has now been moved) without accurate or total information. Also, he seems to acknowledge the interior accent colors are a debacle, how did those interior choices get this far in the process? Wasn’t there any market research/testing before these colors were finalized? It just seems so disorganized for a major product launch. I hope the actual product is much more thought through. That said, I am very excited that we may actually be able to order different tops, different accent colors, and have access to more options come order time. Again, many thanks!
Agree, pretty haphazard. Guessing they just withheld the real purpose of the B&P as long as they could because the future was so uncertain. They probably didn't even know themselves whether it would be the real deal or not while making it go live on the site. Then covid started getting worse, so now they are playing the card they were dealt...IMO would have been nice to set expectations somewhere in BOLD saying this is likely to change and to only use this tool to get a generalized idea of price. Maybe they did that but I didn't see it, so me like many others spent many many hours with the tool trying to make an increasingly hard decision

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 inch difference is more than I'd expect. If true, that would be perfect for me.
4 inches??

Yeah I don’t get it. Didn’t they say sas was a 1.2” lift. They also said BL was with 10mm (0.4”) lift from sas. So 0.8” lift.

OBX to BL would be 0.8” plus half the difference of the tire height (32.7-32.1)/2 = 1.4” total.

How does 1.4” become 4”? Was the guy running the dimension to the tube steps on OBX and picking up a couple more inches.

Even Fords website shows the total height of the BL being 1” more than a Big Bend (granted that’s underestimated since they probably hadn’t picked tires at that point) but still, everything implies that it should be much less than 4”.

Last edited:

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t doubt it’s existence, but I do questions it’s advertised effects...the design is not new and has been used with many brands, who decided it wasn’t a big issue.
It usually comes down to maintenance or the loose nut behind the wheel...or both!
Cheers,
The manufacturers push it off as a maintenance thing for the owners who don’t realize this. The manufacturers are improving their direct injection by adding port injection as well. The main injectors are still direct injection but the port injectors are utilized to keep the backside of the valves washed in a bit of fuel and remaining clean. Ford’s latest direct injection systems do this. It’s on the newer 2.7 that the bronco gets and on the latest iteration of the 5.0 coyote in the Mustang. That motor was just port injection at its introduction and then direct injection was added a couple years ago in 2018

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 inches??

Yeah I don’t get it. Didn’t they say sas was a 1.2” lift. They also said BL was with 10mm (0.4”) lift from sas. So 0.8” lift.

OBX to BL would be 0.8” plus half the difference of the tire height (32.7-32.1)/2 = 1.4” total.

How does 1.4” become 4”? Was the guy running the dimension to the tube steps on OBX and picking up a couple more inches.

Even Fords website shows the total height of the BL being 1” more than a Big Bend (granted that’s underestimated since they probably hadn’t picked tires at that point) but still, everything implies that it should be much less than 4”.
Scaled to the wheel on the OBX where the top of the rock rail would be / bottom of door - its 20". And on the BL its 21.5". Theres your 1.5 step in height difference (which makes sense provided the above). Maybe one person took the OBX step in height to the bottom of the door at 20" and compared that to a more truer step in height of the BL at 24". It's not apples to apples. The BL should have a 1.5" higher ride height. If it was really 4", that would mean there is a crazy 3"+ lift kit on the BL, and an even bigger lift kit on the sas. But the reality is that the sas lift is a little under 1.5"

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2.3 was originally just a NA motor and so was the 3.5. They added turbocharging. The 2.7 was developed as a turbo motor from the beginning. Do some reading on the 2.7. It’s the better motor. I have rebuilt the 2.0 eco boost which is just a slightly smaller version of the 2.3. Not what I want in my bronco. The 2.7 has better power potential, is more robust and has the better fuel injection system.
No, this is not the same 2.3 from back in the day. It only share the same displacement. I worked on many, many of them and owned one myself. The 2.7 Nano came out in came out in 2015 as a turbo motor. Are you thinking of the 4.2?

Battleborn

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok tired of the YouTube vids, and really tired of all the bronco build photos or seen in the wild pics, I want see one in person, does anyone know if a display will be in Las Vegas any time before ordering time,

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, this is not the same 2.3 from back in the day. It only share the same displacement. I worked on many, many of them and owned one myself. The 2.7 Nano came out in came out in 2015 as a turbo motor. Are you thinking of the 4.2?
When you say "not the same 2.3 from back in the day", are you strictly speaking of the old 2.3L Lima motor, or also the 2.3L used in the '03-'04 Focus, which was derived from the Mazda MZR? Because I was under the impression that the later was a direct forerunner to the 2.3L Ecoboost? Of course, in that case, the Mazda version had turbo versions back then too.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you say "not the same 2.3 from back in the day", are you strictly speaking of the old 2.3L Lima motor, or also the 2.3L used in the '03-'04 Focus, which was derived from the Mazda MZR? Because I was under the impression that the later was a direct forerunner to the 2.3L Ecoboost? Of course, in that case, the Mazda version had turbo versions back then too.
The 2.3 Ecoboost was updated from the Focus plant for turbo applications. There's nothing really special about purring a turbo on a motor except better components, oil and water flow to the turbo. The 2.3 is going to do great in the Bronco, but as a power nut, I'm going 2.7...

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped by my local dealer today and met my SA. I was looking to see if there was a Carbonized Gray truck on the lot. He pointed out one of the F250's I looked stalking the lot. I think the color will do me fine. Ford has another non-metallic gray that is just gorgeous. I wish they'd drop that on the Bronco.
Is carbonized gray metallic or non-metallic? Thanks!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I see this, I see another way to injure myself as I hit my shin on this thing walking by my vehicle. :LOL:
Reality is that in order to swing clear of the mirrors you'll miss the steps.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reality is that in order to swing clear of the mirrors you'll miss the steps.
I can't imagine a scenario where I'm going to hit my mirrors. I can imagine scenarios in which my shins have scars from those steps, though.
Sponsored