Sponsored

Interrupted open air views by Bronco roof rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah not sure. They also call the yakima platform “custom” on this one, but it’s not “custom” on the 2-door description.??‍♂
Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

a little off topic, but do you think the roof weight capacity is different for the two different style racks? the capacity we have not is for just the "half rack" where they full one could possibly hold more?

i mean on the full rack here, thats got to be more than 110lbs. the jack is about 25lbs, the rack is about 75lbs with the crossbar, add the shock, recovery boards and four rotopax lets say 8lbs total. you have to be over the 110lbs dynamic load. unless the 110lbs is for the half rack. thoughts? am i being too optimistic?

Ford Bronco Interrupted open air views by Bronco roof rack? 1597433115565

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you're asking us if we have thoughts about your view being obstructed, if you install something to obstruct your view?

I do have thoughts, but I'm trying very hard not to share them.

Good grief.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Personally, one of the attractive and appealing aspects of the Ford Bronco is the open air/roof concept. Meaning no cross bar to interrupt the sky views. However, I feel like that aspect may be partially ruined if you plan to install a roof rack.
I'm reminded of the saying:
"You can't have your cake and eat it too".
Personally, coming from a nice enclosed, quiet, SUV, one of the attractive and appealing aspects of the Ford Bronco is the open air/roof concept. However, I feel like that aspect may be partially ruined if you plan to drive with the top off, won't we get a lot of road and wind noise?

/s

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, you can't have it all.

True, a roof rack will interrupt at least part of the open air experience, even though at least some of the panels can be removed while a roof rack is installed as some have loaded pictures to show.

However, roof racks can also be removed, only takes a wrench in most instances.

I plan to purchase a roof rack for camping to store my MaxTrax, shovel, gas, water, and maybe my tent, but when not camping will likely remove the rack. Hope to get a light bar that attaches above my windshield and not the rack, so hope the aftermarket helps out a bit.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?wonder if having two anchoring points on the 2-door rear shell like the 4-door fishing concept plus the attaching point at the windshield would get the dynamic rating up to 150-200 pounds where it needs to be?

Still haven't heard back from Rhino if they're going to offer a backbone for the Bronco in either 2 or 4-door.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a little off topic, but do you think the roof weight capacity is different for the two different style racks? the capacity we have not is for just the "half rack" where they full one could possibly hold more?

i mean on the full rack here, thats got to be more than 110lbs. the jack is about 25lbs, the rack is about 75lbs with the crossbar, add the shock, recovery boards and four rotopax lets say 8lbs total. you have to be over the 110lbs dynamic load. unless the 110lbs is for the half rack. thoughts? am i being too optimistic?

Ford Bronco Interrupted open air views by Bronco roof rack? 1597433115565
We only know of one that they're offering. The half-rails were custom for the fishing guide OBX.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.