First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done Moab some, but those trails spooked me. You've inspired me, Poacher!
As the lifted Rubicon on 35's leading me inspired me, glad to read that I inspired you. Have faith in your Bronco, and if you can hook up with someone who knows the trail, follow them, and you will have a safe time, and a blast.
Sponsored

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More likely the crawler was used on the way down and first or second on the way up. You do not move very fast in Cā€¦

OP, I agree with your comments - I had no problems on the trails I took on with my 33s. I wonā€™t be attacking Metal Masher or Pritchett any time soon, though!

Check out the ā€œMoab Mud Brownā€ dip on my wheelsā€¦

B19D1DB0-039D-41EB-854C-C7FFAD01C406.jpeg
Hey Brentc, you are correct in that I did indeed shift from crawler to second gear 4L, for the climb out.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Extremely jealous Moab is the holy grail of my bucket list šŸ˜
Thanks Kramkul, it was at the top of my bucket list too, and I was lucky that everything lined up perfectly for me to run it so soon. Make it happen and you won't regret the effort.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love that trail. Been years since Iā€™ve been to Moab in old Jeep but hope to make it out with the Bronco someday.
Hey RubyRedGt, all I can say is make it happen. Your Bronco was built to chew those trails up, and confidently spit them out. Your appreciation of your Bronco will skyrocket once you do that trail.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that's on the bucket list now. I was worried it would be a little sketchy with the 2dr wheelbase.

@66GT you ready to try it?
Hey TD, Glad it is now on your bucket list. That 2dr will do all that this trail will throw at you. There were a couple of long, steep wall climbs that were intimidating in my 2dr, but the Bronco climbed them with no issues. Now you just need to cross it off your bucket list...

Sponsored

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...

Yeah buddy

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey ROCKO, manual all the way. The extra crawl gear you get with the manual comes in real handy on that trail.
Thatā€™s is great to hear! Seriously you made that climb look so easy. Glad to see a manual owners out there putting it to use. šŸ¤™šŸ¼

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's on the bucket list now. I was worried it would be a little sketchy with the 2dr wheelbase.

@66GT you ready to try it?
I'm good attempting just about anything I've seen a similar build do. I'll be 95% stock. I'm going to run the GY Territories, but I'm thinking of adding a 1.5-2" leveling kit and a set of wheel spacers.

If anyone knows of some vids of 2drs at Moab, send them this way. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of them out there. The short WB Jeeps seem to have the hardest time with the bathtub, especially if there's any moisture in there.

I'd also like to see how the extra 4" of bumper length from the RC winch mount affects the approach angle on entry. I think the leveling kit may mitigate some of that.

Will you have your winch mounted before we go? If so, are you planning on leaving it on there?

Last edited:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty cool!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you have your winch mounted before we go? If so, are you planning on leaving it on there?
yes and yes

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey RubyRedGt, all I can say is make it happen. Your Bronco was built to chew those trails up, and confidently spit them out. Your appreciation of your Bronco will skyrocket once you do that trail.
Agree but Iā€™ve been to Moab 10 times and spent ~75 days there over the years when I lived within a days drive. Now Iā€™m over 2000 miles away with wife that hates off-roading and long trips. BUT Iā€™m only 80 miles from Uwharrie Natā€™l Forest here so I need to get my butt out there!

Last edited:

Gil Carolina

Big Bend
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As we all know, video/photos never really show how steep something really is. The sound of my tires slipping on the slickrock in Moab, UT as I enter into this bathtub on the infamous Hell's Gate Revenge trail, while in Crawl mode, will hint at how steep it really was. Lot's of fun, and certainly sphincter tightening...

I clenched my cheeks for you while watching. Especially when I though you were taking that first line.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you mean by "crawl mode"? Trail cruise control? Manual Crawl gear? Goat mode rock crawl?
Hey lakesinal, the maual transmission has a ultra low crawl gear that is not available on the automatic models. This article explains it well;

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/c-is-for-crawling-the-new-broncos-crawler-gear-explained/

I clenched my cheeks for you while watching. Especially when I though you were taking that first line.
Hi Gil Carolina, That first line was definitely too spicy for me, and I realized it quite quickly, once my rear passenger tire was three feet in the air.

OP
OP
the poacher

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree but Iā€™ve been to Moab 10 times and spent ~75 days there over the years when I lived within a days drive. Now Iā€™m over 2000 miles away with wife that hates off-roading and long trips. BUT Iā€™m only 80 miles from Uwharrie Natā€™l Forest here so I need to get my but out there!
Doh, sorry to read your wife does not enjoy your love of four wheeling. Good for you to have been so fortunate to live so close to Moab, I am very jealous. I am 1300 miles from moab, so like you it is an effort to get there. I will look up Uwharrie forest, hopefully it has some fun stuff for you.