Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We liked this so much we signed up for the Vegas Off Roadeo.

FWIW, the Wildtrak 2-door went 0-60-0 on that paved section easily, lots of room to spare.
I don’t doubt it!
I slowed down well before the sign
Sponsored

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So glad I had the opportunity to go out to the Fort McDowell off-road event today! This was my first technical off-road trail ever and the Bronco team did a great job on educating everyone and guiding on trail.

I've been SO frustrated with the delays. This is a huge decision for me because it's a lot of debt to take on. And unfortunately I don't have the most reliable vehicle right now which makes the wait worse. Many times I've almost said forget it I'll get a 4Runner, Wrangler, or Subaru. I can't turn back now though. The Bronco feels right as I'm sure many of you can relate. Here's hoping we all get our Broncos by Q2 of next year or sooner 🤞

Ford Bronco Invitation-Only Bronco Off-Road Drive event announced for Fort McDowell Rodeo Grounds, AZ PXL_20211003_164246652

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So glad I had the opportunity to go out to the Fort McDowell off-road event today! This was my first technical off-road trail ever and the Bronco team did a great job on educating everyone and guiding on trail.

I've been SO frustrated with the delays. This is a huge decision for me because it's a lot of debt to take on. And unfortunately I don't have the most reliable vehicle right now which makes the wait worse. Many times I've almost said forget it I'll get a 4Runner, Wrangler, or Subaru. I can't turn back now though. The Bronco feels right as I'm sure many of you can relate. Here's hoping we all get our Broncos by Q2 of next year or sooner 🤞

Ford Bronco Invitation-Only Bronco Off-Road Drive event announced for Fort McDowell Rodeo Grounds, AZ PXL_20211003_164246652
🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great event. Very well organized. Thanks to Regine my trail guide, to Charlene the technical consultant and everyone else who made it such an enjoyable event.
I got to drive a 2 door CO OBX with the V6. I have a 2 door VB V6 BaseSquatch on order. My daily driver is a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500.
A lot of people have already received their Broncos and there are a lot of ride reports out there now but for those that haven’t driven one yet, and I hadn’t until today, here’s my two cents.
The Bronco drove very nicely and was very capable, even without the Sasquatch package. I didn’t play with the GOAT modes much. Most of the time it was in either 2H or 4L. The BaseSquatch doesn’t have Baja mode but another of the guides said he felt Sand mode was pretty close.
Throttle response was good. I didn’t notice any lag.
Suspension seemed quite soft. It felt smooth over the small bumps and didn’t throw me around as much as my old TJ used to when crossing bigger rocks or crossing dips/drops/ruts etc. Maybe I have just learned to drive more slowly/carefully.
I was impressed with the ability to see ahead via the camera. This was very useful when cresting a ridge. If I was planning on doing a lot of off roading this would be a must have option.
Trail Turn Assist was fun and the one foot driving mode was also useful. I would have liked the opportunity to try it out on a gravel road.
The Bronco got up to 50 mph pretty quickly on the short stretch of pavement available and the brakes were consistent.
Overall I was impressed with the whole package. A good all round off road capable vehicle that exceeded my expectations. I think most people will be happy with their purchases.
As an aside, the Cyber Orange seems to be identical to the Yellow Blaze Tri Metallic I had on my just sold 2011 Mustang.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great event. Very well organized. Thanks to Regine my trail guide, to Charlene the technical consultant and everyone else who made it such an enjoyable event.
I got to drive a 2 door CO OBX with the V6. I have a 2 door VB V6 BaseSquatch on order. My daily driver is a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500.
A lot of people have already received their Broncos and there are a lot of ride reports out there now but for those that haven’t driven one yet, and I hadn’t until today, here’s my two cents.
The Bronco drove very nicely and was very capable, even without the Sasquatch package. I didn’t play with the GOAT modes much. Most of the time it was in either 2H or 4L. The BaseSquatch doesn’t have Baja mode but another of the guides said he felt Sand mode was pretty close.
Throttle response was good. I didn’t notice any lag.
Suspension seemed quite soft. It felt smooth over the small bumps and didn’t throw me around as much as my old TJ used to when crossing bigger rocks or crossing dips/drops/ruts etc. Maybe I have just learned to drive more slowly/carefully.
I was impressed with the ability to see ahead via the camera. This was very useful when cresting a ridge. If I was planning on doing a lot of off roading this would be a must have option.
Trail Turn Assist was fun and the one foot driving mode was also useful. I would have liked the opportunity to try it out on a gravel road.
The Bronco got up to 50 mph pretty quickly on the short stretch of pavement available and the brakes were consistent.
Overall I was impressed with the whole package. A good all round off road capable vehicle that exceeded my expectations. I think most people will be happy with their purchases.
As an aside, the Cyber Orange seems to be identical to the Yellow Blaze Tri Metallic I had on my just sold 2011 Mustang.
Two things my girlfriend and I keep talking about, after attending the event on 10/2;
how capable the Bronco is,

and how F’ng nice the staff at the event was!
From the staff who checked us in, to Scott our trail guide, Sean who drove my GF 50’ to our car because of her sprained ankle, and the staff while packing up, stopped and pulled out the EruptionGreen gas can so we could see the color.
A great crew at the event, thank you!!
@Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We liked this so much we signed up for the Vegas Off Roadeo.

FWIW, the Wildtrak 2-door went 0-60-0 on that paved section easily, lots of room to spare.
Yep, it just felt wrong blowing by that 25MPH sign on that short paved section at high speed... but it was sure fun. I drove the 2dr WIldtrak this morning.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, it just felt wrong blowing by that 25MPH sign on that short paved section at high speed... but it was sure fun. I drove the 2dr WIldtrak this morning.
Was it the 2.7?

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did the Bronco Rodeo go in Phoenix. I am signed up to go 10/6. Was it worth it?
Went today, it was a very enjoyable experience. Got to rip around for a while and the trails were actually pretty neat. First time offroad, and had a great time.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did the Bronco Rodeo go in Phoenix. I am signed up to go 10/6. Was it worth it?
I thought so. Not the full day Off Roadeo, just an hour on the trail. Fun little trail, nothing extreme or technical. If you’ve never driven off road before this is a great introduction.
And it’s completely free!

Sponsored

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have our Drive event tomorrow, 1 hr 15 min event but better than nothing, except for actually getting our Bronco.
Anyone that’s been any free swag ?

0D23C5C8-F344-4F70-8440-811D9E0A811C.jpeg

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have our Drive event tomorrow, 1 hr 15 min event but better than nothing, except for actually getting our Bronco.
Anyone that’s been any free swag ?

Ford Bronco Invitation-Only Bronco Off-Road Drive event announced for Fort McDowell Rodeo Grounds, AZ 0D23C5C8-F344-4F70-8440-811D9E0A811C
A nice hat

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll take it.
The whole event is a nice primer on the Bronco. Unlike the Off Roadeo, not all the rigs have the Sasquatch package. So if you have a lower trim, you might be able to drive your build. When they were in Phoenix, they even had a Base model.
Sponsored