First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can get the auto trans with 2.3 replacing the manual. If you go with 2.7, the price includes the currently required auto trans.
I've always expected this is an error with the B&P. I'm hoping it's not, but they'd pretty much be giving the engine away for free with an auto upgrade. Which hasn't been the case for any of the lower end models when you upgrade the engine and the transmission. Again, hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What would be the application of a wide area display that big in a car be for? I know it's definitely usable in a combat aircraft, because of the multiple sensors being employed at once. But even in aviation, sensory overload is a thing, and requires some proficient training of the world's best pilots to make efficient use of.

I'm struggling to understand the practical use of it in a car for the average Joe, when they don't really need access to that much information at once.
Fisker and Tesla raced to large to add an untold number of interface items. Fisker struggled due to their poor financial condition and choose a less than optimal supplier that struggled to get the capacitive touchscreen technology correct.

Fisker:
ttps%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.jpg

Tesla:
akrales_170414__1610_0149.jpg

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the size of the display in tesla is "useful", It's just bulky from a design perspective

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The technology going into 5th gen is unreal. Pilots aren't even pilots, they're more just operators at that point.

I sure hope there's still some back up analog gauges being added! Or at least a bunch of redundancy built into the electric system. That bottom picture I'm imagining flying 500 knots, 500 ft AGL, at night, through a mountain valley... with an electrical failure. That's enough to make me suck up the seat cushion!
I'm continuing the conversation here as this is the more appropriate thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/aviation-photo-and-bs-thread.8052/page-9#post-328997

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've always expected this is an error with the B&P. I'm hoping it's not, but they'd pretty much be giving the engine away for free with an auto upgrade. Which hasn't been the case for any of the lower end models when you upgrade the engine and the transmission. Again, hope I'm wrong.
I think your hope is well placed. I can’t find another $1600 pricing error in the B&P ? They are not idiots or too lazy to fix it. Some people who want the manual are pissed we are getting the 2.7 with Auto for $1895 and they feel slighted. IMO Ford had to offer the manual but gas found a way to incentivize people from doing so. Meaning they will have to build less 2.3/manual drive lines.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what other 2k pricing error is in the B&P ? None, they are not idiots or too lazy to fix it. Some people who want the manual are pissed we are getting the 2.7 with Auto for $1895 and they feel slighted.
Sounds like some serious projection there, bruh.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll roll like with B&P from Ford over someone with no Ford affiliation on an Internet forum. Seems like your the one with conjunction as you have no basis of fact to draw your opinion from. What’s a bruh?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know what it is, giving you a hard time for using it as it’s a sign of disrespect used by millennials.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know what it is, giving you a hard time for using it as it’s a sign of disrespect used by millennials.
Exactly how this Gen Xer meant it. ;)

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I've never needed a tow package but I was curious why. Could possibly get a teardrop camper for this.
Ford's tow packages are almost always a better deal than adding the same equipment later. Where Ford feels it is appropriate, their package includes a transmission oil cooler. Also, the wiring harness usually covers multiple types so you aren't having to get adaptors for different equipment. If you feel there's a reasonable chance you'll tow, I'd get that package. If you have something else that can tow, you might not need it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine 12" will ever be small in the future. This is a car after all, not a living room. What're they gonna do, replace the windshield with a 60" flat screen? Haha
Tesla has 17" screens, so you never know. :)

That said, I was referring to how the 8" screen might seem perfectly fine today, but in 6-7 years might seem small because the standard size has moved up to 12". I remember when a 17" computer monitor was consider big. :D

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What would be the application of a wide area display that big in a car be for? I know it's definitely usable in a combat aircraft, because of the multiple sensors being employed at once. But even in aviation, sensory overload is a thing, and requires some proficient training of the world's best pilots to make efficient use of.

I'm struggling to understand the practical use of it in a car for the average Joe, when they don't really need access to that much information at once.
The practicality of "moar screeen!"

Customers love this kind of stuff.

Screens are getting bigger and bigger and don't show any signs of stopping. Manufacturers want to one up each other and the customer wants to one up the neighbour.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going with the B&P pricing being correct on the no charge Auto transmission with the 2.7 upgrade for $1895. The B&P would have been fixed by now. If you add the auto to the 2.3 you pay $1595.
Well, first, there are many errors in Build & Price right now, several of them are quite substantial. Second, there was another post mentioning that there would be an update to B&P coming.

That said, there are two ways to go about this. The first is to look at it logically and see that in every other Bronco configuration and also every other Ford vehicle configuration, there is no scenario where an engine upgrade includes a free transmission upgrade as well. That points to a problem with B&P. The second way is to consider B&P gospel because that's what it says today.

Keep in mind that B&P is not a price guarantee. When we go to order our Broncos, what's in the ordering system is the price of the item. So, if you take the first option, you prepare yourself to have to pay for the automatic transmission and when you do have to pay for it, you are not disappointed. If by some crazy miracle you don't have to pay for it, you are happily surprised. With the second option, you are suddenly pissed off at Ford, the dealer and every other person who lied to you and is attempting to cheat you. :LOL: No amount of complaining would get that transmission for free at that point. Hopefully, though, the updated (fixed) B&P comes out before we begin ordering so this and many other questions can be answered.