Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My setup was flawless until that last iPhone update, now Gaia running on iPhone 13 Pro Max is terrible with lag, locking up, recording stopping. Also, Spotify randomly stops playing. Its as if going in/out of cell coverage is really geeking out the phone. Am I the only one?
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure this will sort out in an update. Sorry to hear it though. Big Tech....sometimes little mistakes make it hurt.

Shredtron

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2s
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m having the same problems. I have a new Apple iPhone 14 Pro w/iOS 16. Iā€™ve been to my carrier, Apple Store, and Iā€™m on the phone with Ford right now. No one seems to know what is happening, but it appears there may be a glitch between Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connectivity ??? Not sure yet, but Ford doesnā€™t seem to have an answer

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last few times out Iā€™ve had to turn off cell, wifi, blue tooth then Gaia works and tracks fine. It wonā€™t find you directions but if you have the maps downloaded it records and gives position fine. Plugged in with the usb cable it showed up on the radio screen just fine.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last few times out Iā€™ve had to turn off cell, wifi, blue tooth then Gaia works and tracks fine. It wonā€™t find you directions but if you have the maps downloaded it records and gives position fine. Plugged in with the usb cable it showed up on the radio screen just fine.
I guess I was too frustrated to think to try USB and disable cell and Bluetooth. Having wheeled 3 days solid over the last two weekends the issue became very apparent.

Ill reach out to Gaia support, see if they know of a problem.

Sponsored
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update. I removed the Google Earth maps (I had manually linked), removed all offline maps, no help. I couldn't clear the 26GB of cache files, uninstalled GAIA, reinstalled, Gaia is working fine again, I may add Google Earth again and see if it breaks. Gaia support didn't help.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: The ONLY way GAIA works is if GAIA is open on the iPhone and on the Carplay screen. If both the iPhone and Carplay have GAIA open it works perfectly, any other combo GAIA starts locking up and is unusable.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: The ONLY way GAIA works is if GAIA is open on the iPhone and on the Carplay screen. If both the iPhone and Carplay have GAIA open it works perfectly, any other combo GAIA starts locking up and is unusable.
I have also found that while off-road, Gaia is way more reliable if you put the phone in airplane mode. When the software loses and regains cellular connectivity constantly it seems to get really angry.
Sponsored