Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious if anyone plays music through their iPods connected to the audio system of the bronco. I have a 160 gb iPod that’s connected thru Bluetooth to the Uconnect system in my gladiator. It works ok this way. But loses where it was at after a minute or two of not playing it. I tried to connect it via one of the USB ports but it only recognizes at most 32 gigs of music on the iPod. Even my 2014 4Runner would play and recognize all the music on the iPod.
Has anyone done this in the bronco? Does it connect via USB and recognize all files? It was nice to have the iPod plugged in and hidden away in the 4Runner with 160 gigs of music to choose from and always charged.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious if anyone plays music through their iPods connected to the audio system of the bronco. I have a 160 gb iPod that’s connected thru Bluetooth to the Uconnect system in my gladiator. It works ok this way. But loses where it was at after a minute or two of not playing it. I tried to connect it via one of the USB ports but it only recognizes at most 32 gigs of music on the iPod. Even my 2014 4Runner would play and recognize all the music on the iPod.
Has anyone done this in the bronco? Does it connect via USB and recognize all files? It was nice to have the iPod plugged in and hidden away in the 4Runner with 160 gigs of music to choose from and always charged.
You know what's even better? FLAC files in a file structure on a USB drive.

Playing USB music on Sync 4 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that’s a great way too. But I spent way too much time ripping my cd’s into iTunes and organizing so all the work has been done. And my Sonos system plays with it flawlessly as well, so iTunes/iPod is just easier for me right now.

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OLD Ipod Nano that I tried plugging in today and Nada. My 21 Explorer will see and play music off my nano and my 17 Expedition would too. Didnt fool with it too much. Ill be following this thread

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My friend has one of those tiny one's that plays the songs outloud, not sure what Gen they are.

I don't wanna recreate all my playlists on my phone, and it doesn't acknowledge the CD's or straight up downloads I have, which blows as some really good songs on there I can't find otherwise

I'll ask him tomorrow what he's got, and then go from there

Sponsored

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 and plugged in a Nano with the "lock" switch flipped both ways. Best I got was a screen on the Nano that said "Accessory not supported." Not good.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I use a SanDisk Sport n Go and the Bronco is my only vehicle, out of five, the recognizes, plays and identifies all my songs. So it may work well with the ipod

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s an iPod?

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am NOT ashamed to admit I forum-searched for this too once my Bronco was en route.

I've aftermarket-hardwired in my ipod into every vehicle I've owned and had hopes there'd be a solution for the 6G too.

I don't like Snyc4 + the ipod, and wish there were a way to control the music from the ipod rather than from the touch screen.

Ultimately I gave up and dumped all my music on a USB3.0 drive. I really don't like that this is jeopardizing the USB slot 100% of the time though.

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am NOT ashamed to admit I forum-searched for this too once my Bronco was en route.

I've aftermarket-hardwired in my ipod into every vehicle I've owned and had hopes there'd be a solution for the 6G too.

I don't like Snyc4 + the ipod, and wish there were a way to control the music from the ipod rather than from the touch screen.

Ultimately I gave up and dumped all my music on a USB3.0 drive. I really don't like that this is jeopardizing the USB slot 100% of the time though.
It really doesn't make sense that Ford dropped iPod integration from its newest vehicle.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something that has 160 gigs of my music on it!
That would be sweet. I have two sony walkmans hooked up in series so I can play two tapes one right after the other.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

just get an iPhone

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That would be sweet. I have two sony walkmans hooked up in series so I can play two tapes one right after the other.
I am considering platform-mounting a gramophone with a vinyl auto-loader where my back seats used to be after you made fun of the Walkman.
Sponsored