Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry guys it kinda irritates me for a few reasons
Among others the Badlands and Wildtrack were being touted as the best most capable off-roaders in the Bronco lineup. Now it looks like that title will be gone before anyone even gets their vehicles... that is unless the Warthog will be available to order in this go round which I seriously doubt
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe if you see the price tag you will feel different.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Among others the Badlands and Wildtrack were being touted as the best most capable off-roaders in the Bronco lineup. Now it looks like that title will be gone before anyone even gets their vehicles... that is unless the Warthog will be available to order in this go round which I seriously doubt
This is how R&D works. They don't just develop a vehicle in a couple of months. Why does this irritate you?

Wildtralk and Bandlands are the most capable in the current lineup.

Want something more capable? Wait for this Warthog. No one knows when it will be released. It won't be tomorrow.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I so don't want to agree with you on this one, but I think you are right. I don't understand why Ford seems dead set on competing with itself so soon. I think a much better plan would have been to make Warthog its own thing a few years down the line and it be based on the F150 platform rather than the Ranger. This would be your full-sized offroader for the whole family.

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to keep in mind the Warthog is most likely a different type of vehicle in terms of its abilities. It’s wider and longer so it might threaten Wildtrak with regards to desert running but I don’t think it’s going to replace all the other models out on the trails. Plus it might not be X-plan approved and who wants to pay sticker price or more?

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how R&D works. They don't just develop a vehicle in a couple of months. Why does this irritate you?

Wildtralk and Bandlands are the most capable in the current lineup.

Want something more capable? Wait for this Warthog. No one knows when it will be released. It won't be tomorrow.
Point well taken.... Perhaps it's just the anxiety of waiting.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like it as it will give me the outline when its time for the suspension upgrade.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I so don't want to agree with you on this one, but I think you are right. I don't understand why Ford seems dead set on competing with itself so soon. I think a much better plan would have been to make Warthog its own thing a few years down the line and it be based on the F150 platform rather than the Ranger. This would be your full-sized offroader for the whole family.
Yup I would think the first ones would be totally rolled out before getting spy shots. I am chalking it up to my impatience however it's still irritating

Sponsored

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think of it as "test mule" providing a platform for all the factory options you can order from the dealer to customize your Bronco.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I'd put money on it not being available first-year.
2. It's going to cost Raptor money. I'd also put money on it being 70 grand with a few boxes checked.
I'm guessing they will start in the 50's if i had to guess... I assume residuals will be good enough on the Broncos for a few years at least that I could always get one and sell my Badlands if its truly amazing.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is kind of an :rolleyes: to me. Badlands/Wildtrack are the most capable offroaders of the 2021 Bronco model year. Is there a Warthog on the way...it seems like it since Ford showed the prototype, but its possible it will never come to market. If it does, will it be a 2022? 2023? Besides, would you really want a first gen Warthog when the second gen Warthog could be an even better offroading rig? There is ALWAYS going to be something better just over the horizon, so at some point you just have to pull the trigger on something or you will wait forever.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There will be always a carrot on the horizon. Better colors, faster, fancier and enticing to keep us wanting more.
Sponsored