Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford animal mashups irritate me. Mustang Cobra? Bronco Warthog? Abominations! It’s an insult to nature. ?
Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I so don't want to agree with you on this one, but I think you are right. I don't understand why Ford seems dead set on competing with itself so soon. I think a much better plan would have been to make Warthog its own thing a few years down the line and it be based on the F150 platform rather than the Ranger. This would be your full-sized offroader for the whole family.
Warthog is 2-3 years out, not soon at all.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean the F-150 is more capable than a Raptor in ways too.. I believe this is a whole different animal that is far from being uncaged.

Deleted member 13702

I think this is one of those things where Ford is playing the same game as Fiat chrysler. There's always someone willing to pay more for the best of the best. The moment they release the Warthog as the top off-road trim there will be another edition waiting in the winds to take it's crown. Dodge plays the same game with the Challenger. First there was the Hellcat, then the Demon, now the Superstock, each car with a higher price tag, all geared for the wealthy enthusiast. I'll take my Mid $40s badland build over the upper $70s Warthog/Raptor/whatever, because at the end of the day it's honestly what I can afford and I truly think Ford hit the mark with the Bronco in it's current form.

But I can see why you would be annoyed if you have the money to spend on a higher level trim, unfortunately it's just seems like it's the nature of the car market these days.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m irritated that they’re promoting it without any b&p or delivery dates on vehicles actually ordered
THAT I do agree with. I'd only be pissed if SURPRISE! A 2.7 with a Stick

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since when is a company investing money in R&D a bad thing?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
There will be always a carrot on the horizon. Better colors, faster, fancier and enticing to keep us wanting more.
Same with the iPhone. Which is why I pre-order the “latest and greatest” iPhone and then keep it for at least 3 years. Bronco will be the same, I’ll spec it how I can live with it at least 10 years and then maybe upgrade when I could pay cash for whatever crazy stuff the 2031 Bronco puma has.

Sponsored

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It irritates me to only see the 4 door. Where is the 2 door Warthog?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not irritated at all. Wife gets the badlands and later I get a warthog. It would have irritated me if it came out first because then she would get the wart hog and I would be stuck with the badlands. Lol
I guess in the end the kids are taking them from us and we both are SOL!!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another weird complaint and there are lots of them on this forum.

The warthog is just another example of why I support Ford and not Toyota and Jeep. The Bronco is not even out yet and Ford performance is already working on the Warthog.

Ford is always thinking about the future and what they need to do to excite enthusiast.

Toyota is prob debating whether or not to add rear disc brakes to the next generation Tacoma.
Jeep is prob saying, we have made the wrangler for 25+ years and prob debating whether or not to push the design for another 5 years.

This time next year, I would not be surprise to see Ford testing a Bronco pickup. :)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry guys it kinda irritates me for a few reasons
Among others the Badlands and Wildtrack were being touted as the best most capable off-roaders in the Bronco lineup. Now it looks like that title will be gone before anyone even gets their vehicles... that is unless the Warthog will be available to order in this go round which I seriously doubt
You do know if you really want it you can hold off and get it. You don't have to get the 2021. Its better to let everyone know now that there making it instead of after you already paid for your 2021 and its too late.. now that would have sucked..
Sponsored