Sponsored

Is $5000 ($4500 on Black Diamond) too costly for the Sasquatch package?

Is $5000 ($4500) to costly for the Sasquatch package?

• Total voters

Jnf

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Cadillac XTS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Want to get some opinions of the cost of the Sasquatch package that was proposed in the Ford Surveys. For me, it is too much and if that is the price that Ford goes with, especially with the addtional cost of upgrading to the required automatic transmission, I may have to walk away from a Bronco purchase.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want to get some opinions of the cost of the Sasquatch package that was proposed in the Ford Surveys. For me, it is too much and if that is the price that Ford goes with, especially with the addtional cost of upgrading to the required automatic transmission, I may have to walk away from a Bronco purchase.
I think it is fair on all the trims, except Badlands...where it is highway robbery.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"Yes, but i will pay it anyway" is the reason sh*t is so expensive.

Just sayin'...

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not gonna vote because I was never going to get the package anyway but the results so far are interesting.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The BD which is my 2nd choice at the moment would be a slam dunk if I could get a 210 front axle option thats really the only added piece of the SAS that is needed for the BD. I guess the non locking 190 up front is doable, but if I am going to pay this much seems splitting hairs which gives Ford the upper hand.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is fair on all the trims, except Badlands...where it is highway robbery.
Agreed. Considering the 4.7 is standard on the M/T Base BL, the only thing you get with SAS on BL is tires and wheels, a limiter for clearance and bigger fender flares. Yeah, robbery.
But, if you get the A/T BL and save on SAS and buy aftermarket tires, don’t forget the clearance issues, altered performance and response because of smaller rear end. Also gonna have to change speedo.
So yeah, I have no idea what to do. Is all that pain in the ass or $2500 worth it for 2” more?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As @JAGSarge said. Buy it all aftermarket and install it and see how much it comes to. Then remember its not covered by factory warranty after that. Ive installed lockers in 9" Ford rear diffs and Dana 44 front and they are easy but throw one in the IFS and it adds a lot more complexity.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need to consider rehearing for the 35s... I’m in the same boat and hopefully it isn’t 5k... but at the end of the day it’s under warranty and some extra off road specific functional swag that is the SAS... willing to drop down in trim to make the $ work (most likely)...
Beast and the way you want it from the word go... saves some time and headache

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you think it cost a lot now price it out as aftermarket bits later.
Front and rear ring and pinion change $2000 (if you can't set up gears and have to have it done)
Front and rear ARB lockers $2000+
Air compressor to run lockers $180+
Bilstein shocks not sure but let's say 500+
Add the fact you still don't have the upgraded M210 front gearbox
We're getting real close to $5000 and still haven't bought wheels and tires yet.
Like some other folks said "Sasquatch is all under warranty"

Reactions: RG7

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not too expensive at all. You're getting:
-lockers
-upgraded axles
-better suspension underpinnings
-beadlock-capable wheels
-35's
-different fenders (this isn't really an upgrade, just different)

Don't think you could buy all that for under 5k aftermarket, and that's assuming you install yourself, labor would be another few grand especially throwing a locker on the front. *yes I get that Ford gets to recycle the unused wheels/tires and suspension-- still works out as a good value in my mind.

If you just want a 2" lift and big tires then sure, 5k for that is crazy; but if you evaluate the package for everything that it includes, 5k is a very good value.

Edit: Badlands + squatch is a different story IMO, little too pricey there.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think the price is pretty good versus aftermarket. and i also don't think everyone needs to get the sasq package and can really just get away with upgrading wheels and tires later on. that said, it also depends on final pricing and which package you get. this is all factory supported and warranty parts. my plan is gettng the BD (which comes with a rear locker, already more than i need) then upgrading the tires to something a bit wider and larger (no bigger than 33) then some aftermarket fender flares since they are easily swap able and will be a cheap part to get.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, forged vs the stock cast wheels that are also beadlock capable are the bulk of that $2500. A couple hundred more for the tires. A couple hundred for the flares. The difference is gearing. You get some additional software features that may or may not require some extra or different sensors. Even if were just software alone, it's pretty much free to load but cost something to develop.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it comes with the Auto trans upgrade then it's not too expensive. If it doesn't then it's too expensive.
Sponsored