Sponsored

Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul?

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends upon components. I went with a component set for front that is higher end, along with kicker key amps and the stinger box/sub. all in, i was about $2500 with a vast improvement over stock that i rarely even listen to above volume 10. I'm a big fan of the tweeter in dash, and 6.5 in kick panel.

I would get a breakdown of parts and labor and then we could give a better assessment.
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t think for my ears the B&O sounds too bad, esp in surround setting.
But, Iā€™m not familiar with MTI, or too much these days in the auto sound industry, why donā€™t you price out your components you know you are getting and see if it adds up to that $5k price tag? Idk what labor is these days in a sound shop, but it seems itā€™s not too hard to wire these up with a replacement system. So unless these are really pricey components, I would think you be getting like what else has been posted, some show quality stuff. $5k to me seems high, but hey what do I know? According to most, only my negative comments get noticed. Lol. Or deleted.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine ran about $2300. Went with the Stinger tailgate box with 12 in Phoenix Gold. XR series 5 channel amp and all the neccessary components. This thing hammers bass louder than anything I had in past. Very impressive.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you ALL! These are some really great perspectives and range the spectrum of audio preferences/experiences.

I think it will be helpful to get a price breakdown. I have a consult next week and I should have the details then.

I agree fully after pricing some of these items individually that Iā€™m probably looking at $3-4k in parts alone. The difference is absolutely worth it in terms of having it done professionally and with support thereafter.

I too like learning new things but in this particular instance I think my time is more valuable considering I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be doing car audio again anytime soon.

Lastly, I agree, I am not a true audiophile and loud but clear is probably respectable in this particular vehicle ESPECIALLY with the top off. Itā€™s just not that kind of listening environment and I completely agree with that take. But as said above, just the equipment to keep audio controls intact with OE function of things like HVAC is $800 pre install.

I appreciate everyoneā€™s input. Iā€™ll follow next week after my consult with actual parts and pricing.

Right now Iā€™m leaning towards going pro! Letā€™s see what we find outā€¦

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine ran about $2300. Went with the Stinger tailgate box with 12 in Phoenix Gold. XR series 5 channel amp and all the neccessary components. This thing hammers bass louder than anything I had in past. Very impressive.
And replaced all the 6 inch speakers. Waiting on 4 inch replacements still.

Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the JL audio speakers. I did a whole system without DSP for 3k. Mix components, Memphis frt/rear 4 in coax, JL dual 8 inch sub box and 6.5 C3 on kicker panel plus, JL 5 channel AMP. It is enough bass and very clear for what I listen too. I think the interface and a good solid output amp is the key for good sound, high end speakers all around is not worth it to me on a BRONCO.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you ALL! These are some really great perspectives and range the spectrum of audio preferences/experiences.

I think it will be helpful to get a price breakdown. I have a consult next week and I should have the details then.

I agree fully after pricing some of these items individually that Iā€™m probably looking at $3-4k in parts alone. The difference is absolutely worth it in terms of having it done professionally and with support thereafter.

I too like learning new things but in this particular instance I think my time is more valuable considering I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be doing car audio again anytime soon.

Lastly, I agree, I am not a true audiophile and loud but clear is probably respectable in this particular vehicle ESPECIALLY with the top off. Itā€™s just not that kind of listening environment and I completely agree with that take. But as said above, just the equipment to keep audio controls intact with OE function of things like HVAC is $800 pre install.

I appreciate everyoneā€™s input. Iā€™ll follow next week after my consult with actual parts and pricing.

Right now Iā€™m leaning towards going pro! Letā€™s see what we find outā€¦
Ford Bronco Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul? Audio.PNG

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the JL audio speakers. I did a whole system without DSP for 3k. Mix components, Memphis frt/rear 4 in coax, JL dual 8 inch sub box and 6.5 C3 on kicker panel plus, JL 5 channel AMP. It is enough bass and very clear for what I listen too. I think the interface and a good solid output amp is the key for good sound, high end speakers all around is not worth it to me on a BRONCO.
Mine was also with an LC7 or whatever it's called, not a DSP. That would move the needle only like another 500-800 if I recall my guy saying.

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. I am still tweaking some stuff, but overall the sound difference is incredible.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But as said above, just the equipment to keep audio controls intact with OE function of things like HVAC is $800 pre install.
Quick thing to point out - this is only if you have LUX. I see you're in a Wilktrak, and I think you only get the High Package or LUX, so I figure your Bronco has the 12" screen, but if not, they'll probably be able to do some upgrades without the ZEN adapter.

Let us know what you find out when you get your consultation!

Sponsored

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on the final list of equipment, 5K doesn't seem unreasonable for a skilled shop.

Have they mentioned if/to what degree they will be using sound deadening?

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depending on the final list of equipment, 5K doesn't seem unreasonable for a skilled shop.

Have they mentioned if/to what degree they will be using sound deadening?
No, no comment on sound deadening but thatā€™s a very good question. Iā€™ll bring it up at the consult. Thanks!

Yes- Iā€™ll definitely report back with more details when I have them. For reference I do have the Lux package, with B&O and the 12ā€ screen.

I was driving home tonight, listening to the bzzzzzzz of my outstanding B&O sub and shitty rear speakers, thinkingā€¦ yaā€¦ your days are numbered shitty audio system, your days are numberedā€¦.

lawcdav1

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope....
About to install Focal Flax FXE components
Kicker down firing 12 inch sub
to JL Audio amps
Mosconi DSP
Mosconi DSP controller
sound treatment all doors and rear cargo deck
More details to follow.....oh and focal 6.5 coax for rear

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be on the other side of the fence and say no. Figuring the average Bronco runs around 50 grand that's 10% of the vehicles cost. I believe it's possible to get quality audio for considerably less. But if your looking for the ghetto thumper po the neighborhood stuff than maybe 5k is normal. Then again I find the factory is unit just fine.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the audio is that bad on Bronco Iā€™ll just get a high end over ear headphone set and use the money saved to upgrade the home audio.
Sponsored