Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All you with negative comment..go suck it. Yeah there are frivolous lawsuits all over. But a class action lawsuit just brings to light on how wrong something is.

The way Ford has treated the reservation holders, and the way they have constantly lied to us and back peddled, we all know there's been some shady shit going on behind closed doors. First with priority orders, then with allocations, etc.

But then again I guess you can all just stay on some website forum and bitch about how bad you've been treated.

In America the only legal and legit way to complain is to file a lawsuit. Doesn't necessarily mean you expect to win, or expect any money, but it IS The only way for a group of people to publicly denounce the behavior of a big corporation.

You all forget, we are a small fraction of the reservation holders. You don't see big time news talking about all the shenanigans that Ford has been pulling, because most of the reservation holders are totally clueless.

Bringing a class action lawsuit is what would make this fiasco go very public.

Have you seen Ford stock prices lately? Does it look like they're worried about losing all of their B6G reservation holders?

But now if you had 100k + pissed off... Maybe they would pay attention.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a lawyer, and I think the chances of successful litigation against Ford or a Ford dealership for delayed delivery of Broncos is about zero. First you’d have to show existence of a contract. An online reservation isn’t likely to clear that hurdle.
(y)(y)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There would be TV ads stating” if you or any of your loved ones reserved a Ford Bronco and due to the extended waiting period we’re forced to figure out some other way to provide daily transportation, which led to hair loss, oily bowel discharges, diminished sex drive, extreme body odor, over use of social media, premature acquisition of vehicle accessories, low self esteem, or over indulgence in alcohol, you may be entitled to compensation “, put out by the dozens by low life law firms.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not from reservation holders. The only potential cause of action that could have legs would be by shareholders. Someone could potentially show Ford internally knew it was facing massive delays while it still publicly stating it would fill most of the orders in 21.

But this would be a tough case to make since I am sure Ford vets its public communications and they can always claim the COVID uncertainty defense. This kind of suit would require a big shareholder to want to spend the $$ to go after it.

So probably nothing.
Ford never said most of us would get our Bronco in 2021. They said clearly that reserved vehicles would be delivered into 2022. Especially if you reserved after the first two days.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any lawyers or law professionals in the forum?

I understand no customers have technically been hurt from this at the moment and Ford is sort of building vehicles that could be build first.

Customers are extending leases, buying alternatives vehicles, and doing others logistical stuff to get by.

Just wondering since Ford stated the Broncos would be delivered based off the Time Stamp of your reservation. (As long as they could be built)
And led to the great unfathomable, misleading, non-communicated, and nonsensical allocation system of this vehicle, while Ford completely went back on their word.
Can you do something about it after the stock units show up before our time stamp reservation orders?

If Ford decides to start building the STOCK units and push the customers reservation to the back burner, do the customers have a foot to stand on.

Could we start to fight back?
I guess Broncos would be more interesting prey to chase, than ambulances.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford never said most of us would get our Bronco in 2021. They said clearly that reserved vehicles would be delivered into 2022. Especially if you reserved after the first two days.
I don't think which year is the point. The complaint is that they stated they would use reservation time stamps in order.

Then they have through that out the window when they announced dealer allocations because now your timestamp only matters at your particular dealer.

And now they basically put the final nail in the coffin with their last change that puts larger dealers ahead of smaller dealers regardless of your timestamp.

So the class action would be focused on Ford's reservation system and the promises that were made (which would bring out to the public all the big dealers shenanigans and back door deals that Ford has pulled with them)... Even IF making a reservation had the fine print stating "your reservation means nothing to us"

There are people that were forced to put down a $500+ to keep their reservation, only to be back burnered for a stock unit, or hit with a surprise ADM when they're Bronco did come in.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You want a lawsuit, go after Elio, if you put down a non refundable deposit on his $7500 84 mpg scam reminiscent, number of wheels for sure, of the Dale. I am sure 90% of you young guns never even heard of it.

You paid a REFUNDABLE $100. You can get your $100 back and thus are made whole. Your lawsuit would be like Linus sueing the Great Pumpkin for not showing up.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love how when people don't get their way the first thing they think about is "can we sue". Think we should institute a new law in this country. If you want to sue someone and it is completely ridiculous that person should be beaten to death by wiffle ball bats. Maybe then people will think twice about being sue happy

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bad Karma. We only have $100 'at risk'; and it's not really at risk anyway. Better to just be grateful for the chance to own a great truck (someday).

Daily gratefullness is one of the keys to a long life...a wise old person once told me.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, have we become so complacent as a society that we will allow big corporations to just step all over us and the best answer we have is to talk bad about them on social media?

Seems like most of you are too stuck on frivolous lawsuits. This isn't about someone dumping water on a floor at Walmart so they can slip on purpose and get rich. Or about someone suing somebody rich for something stupid because they have the money.

There was a huge class action lawsuit against Volkswagen for people whose cars (including mine) drove just fine. Literally had no impact on my ability to use my vehicle. Actually drove better than fine (got 54 mpg). But because they lied, misled the government, and misled consumers, there was a lawsuit filed.And as a result I was able to "sell" my VW back for practically what I paid for it.

People need to remember, that's what the legal system does.... it sorts out actual legal issues and determines if something is legit.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a reservation with Ford that came with the fine print. I have an order with Ford. Do you think all these guys that have had their build dates constantly pushed back are frivolous? I'm sure many people have sold their vehicles, had to make financial arrangements, etc. Only to be strung along by Ford.

I just think to blindly think that suing is ridiculous, is narrow-minded. I used to say the same thing about the McDonald's hot coffee incident... Until I actually dug into the story and educated myself and found out how negligent they really were.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any lawyers or law professionals in the forum?

I understand no customers have technically been hurt from this at the moment and Ford is sort of building vehicles that could be build first.

Customers are extending leases, buying alternatives vehicles, and doing others logistical stuff to get by.

Just wondering since Ford stated the Broncos would be delivered based off the Time Stamp of your reservation. (As long as they could be built)
And led to the great unfathomable, misleading, non-communicated, and nonsensical allocation system of this vehicle, while Ford completely went back on their word.
Can you do something about it after the stock units show up before our time stamp reservation orders?

If Ford decides to start building the STOCK units and push the customers reservation to the back burner, do the customers have a foot to stand on.

Could we start to fight back?
No, ridiculous!

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we put this dead horse to bed now?
At least until someone else starts another thread with the same question...
We should sue the ChiComs for releasing the Wuhan Flu Biological Weapon to get rid of Trump!!!
That is what caused the delays.
Now THERE's a thread starter!!!
:cool:
Sponsored