Sponsored

Is anybody considering switching from selling your current vehicle to keeping it?

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keeping my 2010 F150 super crew. It’s paid for and only 130k on it. We will use the F150 as third family vehicle as my son starts driving this month. Bronco will be my new toy. 2dr BD, mid, 2.7 in cactus grey.
Sponsored

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m doing almost the same thing as you. I was originally going with a 4 door auto badlands as my primary vehicle, but I like the look of the 2 door so much better. I decided just to keep my F-150 as a daily driver and get a 2 door manual badlands with no additional options.
Same scenario . Keeping the paid off 2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 for a daily. Buying the 2 door Badlands with only the hitch and roof rack option - well that's todays plan anyway! :unsure:

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an F150 crew cab and bought a Z4 as my extra car. The negatives were: my well maintained truck had to go outside and the Z4 took the garage spot. I only drove the Z4 on nice weather days and non-family events, which were rare. I didn't like commuting in it (too low and stop/go traffic in that type of car was no fun). Insurance doubled even though I barely drove the new car. I ended up selling the Z4.

That said, I'm about to try again with a Bronco. What is it they say about the definition of insanity?

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gonna have to for a couple more years with all the reservations already on the Bronco it'll be at least 2022 before I can get one.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be keeping the 2012 F250 s/d for pulling the 32ft toy hauler(would kill the Bronco),i've also started setting it up for overland duty also to try it out before Bronco.as for the fusion will probably keep for the wife and son to drive, and can't wait to get rid of th pos sportrac(might dukes of hazard into a pond!)

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope my car is numb, expensive to maintain, and borderline boring. 2017 BMW 340i

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm back and forth. Today I'm keeping it, I'll get back to you tomorrow. I have a decent 2012 f150, it's paid off, and the fact that it's a 2wd with a non-ecoboost v6 with high miles means I wont get much for it. It runs perfectly, looks good, has an easily accessible rear seat, insurance is cheap and it can keep miles off the Bronco.
I have a 2006 F150 that can serve as backup family duty. It's been paid off for years. To make it better, I also have a car for work, so the Bronco would see even less miles if I keep the F150. I think I might play the pricing game with a 2 door.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my sons turns 16 next May. He gets the Wrangler. I get the Bronco.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking when I get my Bronco in a while (no reservation yet, probably doing an October reservation at Granger) that I'll sell my current vehicle (2013 Outback with 90k miles) and put the money (estimated 12k) toward a Bronco. But I'm wondering if I can actually make it work out better financially to keep the Outback. This might be possible because I can spec my Bronco a lot differently if it's not my only vehicle:

2dr instead of 4dr (~$2500)
Manual instead of auto ($1600)
Hard top included, instead of an upgrade for hard or dual tops ($700-$2700)
Perhaps a lower trim? My preference is Black Diamond, but am also considering the lower trims. Having it as a second vehicle could affect that choice. ($0-$10000)

I'm wondering if anyone else has considered the same dilemma, and what your thought process was.
Keeping my 2004 Wrangler - paid for and easy to work on.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be keeping both of my cars, 2005 Mustang convertible and 2014 Escape. The Mustang is worth way more to me than I could possibly sell it for, and the Escape is my wife's car, so we need to keep that too. Right now all vehicles are in the garage, but I think the new Bronco will have to sleep out in the rain and snow. That's okay, though, because I expect it to be dirty most of the time.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our 2009 Accord sedan is the car to be replaced. On the one hand, it's the most boring car I have ever owned. On the other hand, knock on wood, it has been absolutely reliable, 100k and zero issues. I don't think I'll get $#17 for it... Maybe keep it as spare/commuter/kids car. - Hell, my first car, which was my parents, was a Dodge Aries MANUAL with a cloth, bench, front seat. The stick shift was probably 2 1/2 ft long lol. That was more fun - definitely not quicker - than the Accord.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2014 Outback with 104,000 miles on it. Great commuter car. We also just bought a 2020 Pilot which my wife drives primarily and we use for family trips. The Bronco is planned as a “fun” family vehicle but also my daily driver - I’ve considered keeping the Subaru mostly since it’s paid for and problem free. But it wouldn’t make sense because we need the 4 door Bronco (family of 4) and really could use the money to put towards the new vehicle. My only dilemma is timing selling outright vs trading.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2011 Toyota Sequoia. Been an absolute awesome vehicle but no longer need the big beast.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont think keeping my car and buying a Bronco will work for us as there is zero additional room in the driveway, insurance will be higher carrying 3 cars (even if only slightly higher)

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sometimes its better to have one nice thing than two not nice things....In other words, I think your better off getting rid of the vehicle and just getting what you want. Two cars mean two insurance payments, more oil changes, more upkeep....Just get the Bronco exactly how you want it. How often will you really drive the old vehicle once you get the bronco.....If it was a truck that you could use for hauling that might be a different story, but a similar vehicle.....
Sponsored