Sponsored

Is anybody considering switching from selling your current vehicle to keeping it?

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been thinking when I get my Bronco in a while (no reservation yet, probably doing an October reservation at Granger) that I'll sell my current vehicle (2013 Outback with 90k miles) and put the money (estimated 12k) toward a Bronco. But I'm wondering if I can actually make it work out better financially to keep the Outback. This might be possible because I can spec my Bronco a lot differently if it's not my only vehicle:

2dr instead of 4dr (~$2500)
Manual instead of auto ($1600)
Hard top included, instead of an upgrade for hard or dual tops ($700-$2700)
Perhaps a lower trim? My preference is Black Diamond, but am also considering the lower trims. Having it as a second vehicle could affect that choice. ($0-$10000)

I'm wondering if anyone else has considered the same dilemma, and what your thought process was.
Few random thoughts:
The Outback is, roughly, the same type vehicle. Will you really still drive the Outback when you get a Bronco?
Is the Outback nearing a point where you're going to have to spend a fair amount of money to maintain it? Timing chain/belt, bearings, engine work, transmission......
Do you need to keep the Outback for someone in the family, like a new teenage driver?
Do you have room for two vehicles and is keeping the Bronco in a garage important to you?

Everyone's situation and needs are different, but as you asked for opinions, if you don't need the Outback for another driver, I'd sell it. As has been mentioned already, it's a good sellers market for a used vehicle. If your second vehicle was a different type altogether, like a performance oriented car, then that might be a different conversation.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I already sold my trade in a few days ago. I didn't really need it (I don't really NEED a Bronco) and used car values are high right now because demand is higher than supply. My guess is I got about $4 - $5K more for it now that I'd likely get in trade from Ford later.
Ditto, got rid of my 18 mustang gt.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This Bronco will be my fifth vehicle between me and my wife. Iā€™m keeping my daily driver Accord and eventually handing the keys over to my grandson and will drive the Bronco. She has an Explorer. We also have an F150 for times we need a truck and I have a 53 F100 that I drive on weekends for fun. Everythingā€™s paid for and the vehicles mileage always stay low since it gets spread out between them all. Kinda crazy really.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m going back and forth on my 2006 Pilot with 185,000 on it. I can get $5000 for it here in CO. Itā€™s not a ton but 5gs is just a bigger down payment. My biggest challenge is I donā€™t have a 3rd garage space. What Iā€™m considering doing is partnering with a friend who owns a 4x4 shop to build a monster Badlands at cost (just paying for parts). It would suck for daily commuting but I would use my Pilot for that (for as long as it runs). The issue is there is a 96% chance it would get hailed on multiple times a year. I was just looking a few days ago to see if I could park it in my backyard under an awning but hail is just too hard to predict - I wouldnā€™t have the time to move it.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be keeping my 2005 GMC Sierra Z71 Extended Cab. Its paid for, it will pull a wakeboard boat, haul stuff, and most importantly I don't mind parking it at the airport or in the huge parking lot at work where the doors will get dinged. Besides, its worth it to me to keep the flexibility over the $5-7K I might get for the truck.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't drive enough to justify 2 daily drivers. Bought my Jeep brand new with 2 miles in September 2011 and today it only has 55k miles. So the Jeep will be traded in, no need for 2, 2 door convertible off road SUVs. Only way I'd do multiple vehicles would be a classic summer only car with the Bronco as a daily.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2010 civic. Not worth any more than $2k so why trade it in? Itā€™ll be my other car when i dont want to take the Bronco.
Sponsored