Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am currently driving a 2008 Ford Edge that we bought new for my wife. It has 219,000 miles and is, as far as I can tell from searching online, suffering from an inevitable transmission speed sensor malfunction.

It still gets me from A to B but is increasingly having difficulty deciding on what gear it should be in. While reading up on the issue I saw that some people had total failure very early in the life of the car so I guess I'm lucky. It also appears to be a seven or eight hundred dollar repair.

So as I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it survives untill after the Bronco is available.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right here. 2006 Fusion with fairly low miles, but leaks oil, cloudy headlights, and a busted 6-disc CD changer lol.

I only want the plug in hybrid, and I'm biting my nails because I doubt (hoping the insiders tell me differently) it'll be available at launch.

OP
OP
Cbr954

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right here, dude. 2006 Fusion with fairly low miles, but leaks oil, cloudy headlights, and a busted 6-disc CD changer lol.

I only want the plug in hybrid, and I'm biting my nails because I doubt (hoping the insiders tell me differently) it'll be available at launch.
Lol, yeah, my 6 disc in dash CD Changer hasn't worked for years and I have given up trying to get the disc's out.

Last edited:

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 90k km's on my 2015 Titan, not worried at all. I put maybe 10k a year on it, maybe a little more. Bought used 4 years ago.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am currently driving a 2008 Ford Edge that we bought new for my wife. It has 219,000 miles and is, as far as I can tell from searching online, suffering from an inevitable transmission speed sensor malfunction.

It still gets me from A to B but is increasingly having difficulty deciding on what gear it should be in. While reading up on the issue I saw that some people had total failure very early in the life of the car so I guess I'm lucky. It also appears to be a seven or eight hundred dollar repair.

So as I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it survives untill after the Bronco is available.
Yes. Mine is probably fine. I just need a few new parts. It has close to 150k miles on a 2013 F150. I was super bummed when I found out they weren't going to start producing them until December.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cbr954

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right here, dude. 2006 Fusion with fairly low miles, but leaks oil, cloudy headlights, and a busted 6-disc CD changer lol.

Lol, yeah, my 6 disc in dash CD Changer hasn't worked for years and I have up trying to get the disc's out.
Yes. Mine is probably fine. I just need a few new parts. It has close to 150k miles on a 2013 F150. I was super bummed when I found out they weren't going to start producing them until December.
. December?!

Oh man, that sucks.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

96 Cherokee with a transfer case holding on by a thread and a hole rusted through the floor. had to by a hecking hyundai piece of junk korean car while i was waiting.

WILD ONE

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2006 Xterra runs fine, but won't pass a smog check reliably.

When Ford announced the Bronco, I was thinking, thank God, I won't have to buy a Jeep, after all! But now...I've got two months to figure out how to pass a smog check again, or I might have to buy a Jeep. Where's the freakin' Bronco already?! Ford's teased me with plenty of reason to wait, but I need to see the thing already and get a price for the engine, manual transmission, and other accessories I want.

My next new vehicle doesn't have to be a dream car...it just has to be a daily driver that can go topless and carry a truck's worth of cargo occasionally. If I can get a killer deal on a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited or Gladiator, I may forego a Bronco.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2006 Xterra runs fine, but won't pass a smog check reliably.

When Ford announced the Bronco, I was thinking, thank God, I won't have to buy a Jeep, after all! But now...I've got two months to figure out how to pass a smog check again, or I might have to buy a Jeep. Where's the freakin' Bronco already?! Ford's teased me with plenty of reason to wait, but I need to see the thing already and get a price for the engine, manual transmission, and other accessories I want.

My next new vehicle doesn't have to be a dream car...it just has to be a daily driver that can go topless and carry a truck's worth of cargo occasionally. If I can get a killer deal on a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited or Gladiator, I may forego a Bronco.
Buy a used Jeep, drive for a year, sell it for 500 less and buy Bronco.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Pajero Evolution has been pretty reliable for a >100,000 mile vehicle. (it's left me stranded only once with a failed alternator) and so far I've been able to get all the parts to keep up with the maintenance. In the last couple years I've done wheel bearings, shocks, ball joints, the timing belt and water pump, brakes, and some misc bushings.

However, it needs to go to someone who will be a little nicer to it soon, it's a 23 year old Mitsubishi and parts are...very difficult to find. Only 2500 of these were ever made so there is ZERO aftermarket support. I'm acutely aware that if it needs new body panels at some point, the chances of finding one are very slim. I'd like it to go to somebody who will keep it around as it's a very cool thing, and It would also be nice to be able to swap to something with similar performance but with parts and aftermarket bits readily available, and maybe even *gasp* a warranty. So far nobody has made something comparable, but I'm hopeful for the Bronco.

Ideally, the PajEvo will keep going happily until 2022 when it becomes legal for me to sell it to one of you fine folks in the US.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2012 Mustang 190k miles.. So yeah I'm hoping she lasts. Luckily, only replaced a water pump so far *knock on wood*.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All my shit is currently broke. Trying to get the 250 back up and running. Driving a borrowed 250 right now.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as the world doesn't run out of fossil fuel reserves keeping up with my oil consumption my Liberty should make it. Ball joints are going bad, body is rusting (not that I care), but its a tough little rig.

My old F-250 will keep going until the heat death of the universe but for both our sakes i'd rather not daily drive it for an extended length of time
Sponsored