Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Praying my 2013 Chevy Cruze makes it. Have to take it in next week because the check engine light decided to come on.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's kind of sad to see how at the beginning of this post (Feb., 2020) people were all upset that Ford wasn't going to start building Broncos until Dec. 2020.

And here we are just shy of two years later and a ton of reservation holders still don't have Broncos. Did any of us in our darkest nightmares imagine that Ford would still have a hundred thousand unfilled reservations in 2022? šŸ˜•

Icypu

Everglades
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My 2006 Xterra runs fine, but won't pass a smog check reliably.

When Ford announced the Bronco, I was thinking, thank God, I won't have to buy a Jeep, after all! But now...I've got two months to figure out how to pass a smog check again, or I might have to buy a Jeep. Where's the freakin' Bronco already?! Ford's teased me with plenty of reason to wait, but I need to see the thing already and get a price for the engine, manual transmission, and other accessories I want.

My next new vehicle doesn't have to be a dream car...it just has to be a daily driver that can go topless and carry a truck's worth of cargo occasionally. If I can get a killer deal on a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited or Gladiator, I may forego a Bronco.
Just fill it full of e85 to pass smog.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh yeah, I WAS hoping my 2005 Dodge 2500 diesel would make it butā€¦ā€¦it got stolen at the airport last weekendšŸ˜“ Now Im borrowing a car for now but I dont even have a build date yet. I dropped Tow this week to try to speed things up but I still have MIC.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, and since that is a 1990 reatta convertible it is way more a worry that it should be with an early morning 7-14 res......

Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not worried, except if the engine goes, which would essentially ā€œtotalā€œ the vehicle! My 2005 Liberty- not exactly Jeepā€™s most beloved model- just keeps going. Itā€™s the most solid, consistent vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned. First clutch lasted 15 years, radiator 16 years. I never get tired of shifting the crisp Daimler-Benz 6-speed. Gonna hate to sell it in a few months.
Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? D50CEE49-6685-4054-997E-C2D1088E692F

Mainer

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Subaru Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, 2009 Subaru Impreza wagon. Although the engine is just broken in at 125,000. its had some work.
I havenā€™t even ordered one yetā€¦.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to admit it but I am currently driving a 2003 Chrysler town and country that my Mother in Law gave us. It has 127,000 miles. It takes a man to drive a minivan. I sold my 1998 explorer sport when we got it. Still regret it. The front end sounds like an thrash can with 3 bowling balls in it rolling down a rocky slope when I hit rough pavement. Radio display doesnā€™t work. One of the automatic sliding doors doesnā€™t open. Windows go down fine but not up when cold. Some rust some dents. I noticed a new oil stain on the driveway last week and itā€™s not the valve covers. They have been leaking for awhile. My worry is not that it wonā€™t make it till the Bronco is available, itā€™s that it will. The wife will give me grief if itā€™s still running since her father bought it new in 2003 a died a few years later. Did I mention she rarely drives it because she would rather take her leased Explorer. She is on her third or fourth new car since we got it. I have not bought my own new car since the ā€˜98 Sport. I turned 50 this year so itā€™s time for me to treat myself. I will be heartbroken if the Bronco is a dud, but like what I see so far.
Since this thread came back to life I will give you an update. I got my Badlands in September and the minivan is is still hanging on. It has 159,000 miles. I still use the van for work and to keep miles low on the Bronco. My company rebuilt the front end and I replaced a window track when the driver side stopped working completely. The most recent issue i thought was a head gasket leak when I was losing coolant. I gave the van to the HS auto shop class to work on thinking she was a goner anyway but if they could fix her it would only cost me a gasket set. Turns out the radiator was leaking in a spot I couldnā€™t easily see. The van lives on. New radiator was $135, labor is free. To sum up, the van lasted, my wife still doesnā€™t drive it, and of course, ā€œIt takes a man to rock a minivan!ā€
Sponsored