Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely in the camp of "Praying my current vehicle lasts" to the fullest extent with the winter/trail beater.
Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? 1600354507279

1998 QX4 with 212,000 miles. Currently have a stack of parts in the garage to fix the brakes, replacing all the ignition due to a bad miss I just got, a bad axle bearing and seal and other general tune up items. Going to be $600 into those repairs before I even get to the valve cover leak or the timing belt that was due 3,000 miles ago... I dont think "Praying it lasts" is more literal than driving on a timing belt bomb for the next year.

Edit: This photo was taken on a -25°F morning. The weather stripping on this thing is so toast that my heater couldnt keep up!
Sponsored

Reactions: N3T
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Canyon, 2006 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am pretty confident my 2006 Subaru Impreza (50k miles) and my 2005 GMC Canyon (28k miles) will make it until I pick up my Bronco.

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hoping I can go 22 more months w/o anything major coming up... but when i brought it in for some bushing replacements they said the steering box needs replacing and it would be $3000. Bringing it to another shop for a second opinion and crossing my fingers it is just an inner tie rod.

9 years old and 3 years on dirt roads will take it's toll. Thus, Bronco.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just sold my Expy Tuesday for part of the down payment on the Bronc. Between now and then I'll be alternating between my 94 Cobra and 04 Acura TL. Both with 150-160k miles. But I've maintained them well so it should be fine as long as we don't have a heavy snow Winter.
Just did the timing belt, water pump, PS pump, motor mounts, struts, brakes, tune up on the Acura. And a new paint job.
Handing it down to my daughter when the Bronc comes in.
the Cobra going to the other daughter after a fresh paint job on it. Already did the basic performance stuff (MSD ignition system, throttle body, underdrive pulleys, etc).
And if push comes to shove I'll put miles on our 2019 Z71 .

Reactions: N3T

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We're needing the Bronco to come in soon. Our family hauler/trailer tower is at 240k km and puts on close to 20k per year. My commuter is at 210k km and puts on over 25k per year. In four years we will have both vehicles brushing the magic 320k km (200k miles), so we really need to replace one of them ASAP so we're not paying for two newer vehicles at the same time.

lostone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2006 Nissan Xterra with 172,000 miles. I'm sure it will make it to next summer, but each year something new comes up needing repair. It's not the best looking vehicle on the road some rust, some paint chips, some minor fender damage...

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super old thread, but it popped up in my feed for some reason.

Original owner of a 2004 BMW 330i with 165K miles. Still running strong, so no worries about it lasting. In fact, I don't plan to sell it after the Bronco arrives (which according to my dealer will be in mid-April with a 3/14/22 build week) unless the Bronco seriously exceeds expectations for a daily driver.

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum. The order date for my 2022 Outer Banks is 1/11/2022, so I guess I've got a while to wait. The Bronco will replace my 2001 F-150 XLT with the FX4 kit. What a great truck! She has just about 220,000 miles now and is starting to show her age just a bit. Blew out a spark plug in the 5.4 a year or so ago. Fuel pump was replaced last month. Confidence is high that she'll keep going until I get the Bronco. I ordered my Bronco in "Iconic Silver" because my F-150 is silver, and that has held up really well.

Seeya
ATB

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Turning my 2014 Forester over on Tuesday (2/1).

Bronco is supposed to arrive 2/10.

Dad always tells me. Hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum. The order date for my 2022 Outer Banks is 1/11/2022, so I guess I've got a while to wait. The Bronco will replace my 2001 F-150 XLT with the FX4 kit. What a great truck! She has just about 220,000 miles now and is starting to show her age just a bit. Blew out a spark plug in the 5.4 a year or so ago. Fuel pump was replaced last month. Confidence is high that she'll keep going until I get the Bronco. I ordered my Bronco in "Iconic Silver" because my F-150 is silver, and that has held up really well.

Seeya
ATB
Placed my OBX order 2 months before you, no reservation, and have my VIN and build date 3/28. That may well get pushed back, but there is hope.

My 4Runner just hit 80,000 so has a few hundred thousand more in her. Only issue with waiting for my Bronco is my son has to wait for his dad’s 4Runner lol.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes 2006 F150 183,000 has the dreaded 5.4 3v tick tick tick, could possibly let loose any day now.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no doubt that my Jeep will last (and I have a Lifetime Warranty that they no longer which is awesome) - but I am praying that the family member I'm sort of splitting the Bronco with will not decide to say "F IT, I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!! I'm ordering a new Jeep..." which is a distinct possibility.

As far as my Bronco goes, here is another day I can succinctly state Ain't Got Shit!

Ford hates my stupid face and like Heckler & Koch of the gun world, "You can't have our stuff, haha suckas, we don't need your business, you're not good enough to own one of our fine products!"

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I sold my my tundra while the truck market is still out of control. My son will be 16 in Feb of 23. I bought him a 07 Corolla I’m going to drive until the Bronco gets here. Here’s to hoping I have it within a year.
Sponsored