Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been driving my '04 Camry back & forth to work for 12+ years now, patiently waiting for a new vehicle. I can't kill that thing. 225K miles now, and as much as I hate it (just because it's the furthest thing from cool), I'll probably still drive it a couple days/week after buying the Bronco.

The last vehicle I waited for was the Titan redesign w/ the Cummins. That was a flop in my view, and the Camry got to stay in the driveway.

I originally bought the Camry used in '07 to save some gas and save miles on my truck- it was supposed to be temporary but it just keeps going.

My 04 Titan has 80K and that will be in the family for awhile!
Sponsored

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
I'm hoping that's the case with my CVT. Bought the car at 31k, just crossed 60k and I've changed the fluid at the right interval. So fingers crossed.

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know my truck will hold up til the Bronco comes out, but I was hoping not to cross that 100k mile threshold. The value seems to drop pretty quickly after that.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes..... 2008 F 150 FX4 only has 79K but have replaced.....
1. radiator
2. starter
3.alternator
4. front coil springs :mad:
5. belts, hoses
6, radio 3X
7. shocks
8. spark plugs
9. battery wire connections(both)

But it is running nice :wink:

WOW I feel bad 112K on my 08 FX4 and only ……....
1. front brakes
2. front rotors
3. front calipers
4. alternator
5. power steering line rotted off
6. need to do my plugs
7. and a battery. terminal ends were good still.

half of mine are wear items

ooppss I forget my stock 6 disc changer/radio ….. ate my Metallica CD.:angry: Tore it apart but got it out … just stuck a cheap radio in it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Camry hybrid has about 30k miles and my STi 75k and both are staying when I get the Bronco, but I know all about having cars that were older, high mileage and hanging by a thread... 95 corolla manual which was so messed up, only I knew how to drive it lol. Any speed over 50 mph was scary as isht. Smoking 91 4Runner that smelled like maple syrup due to headgasket blown, 92 explorer auto that would just start slipping in gear

you either pay for a newer car or to FIX an older car.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Current ride is a mildly built Lexus GX460. Coilovers, bfgs, methods, sliders, and a rack for my outdoor shenanigans. To be honest its a good enough truck the new Bronco will have to be a hell of a ride to get me out of this thing. It will also be paid for by the time the Bronco hits.
Jealous.

Don't have the time or money to build my own rig.
Want/Need the warranty of the OEM,

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Current daily 2015 STi a friend already called dibs. He wants an autocross weekend toy. The STi is great fun but is a bit much for a daily driver.
Every commute can be a ralley stage, on ramp merge at 80 in 4th gear, slide over to left lane, shift to 6th and set cruise to 75 before the giant rear wing attracts the attention of a trooper. Back roads curves strung together, AWD gripping, boost on boil, smiles per the mile.
If traveling to the city we take the wifey’s Cx-9. The subie hates stop and go traffic. The hydraulic clutch will make you hate 1st to 2nd gear crawls (I have stalled this car more then any manual I have driven). The AWD requires 2 driving styles. 1. The Adult: ease clutch part way out, feed in some throttle, let wheels make one complete rotation, disengage clutch and you‘re off. 2. The A-hole: rev to 5k, dump clutch, and every ricer thinks it’s go time to the next set of lights. I tried to teach my daughter to drive the STi, it didn’t go well.
Hopefully the Bronco will look like the renderings. The roof can be removed for summer fun, ecoboost for off the line, some lite off road capabilities. It would be my daily, but not boring commuter. I was cross shopping the new JL. I already have an ‘88 911 Carrera for the big boy toy.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current daily 2015 STi a friend already called dibs. He wants an autocross weekend toy. The STi is great fun but is a bit much for a daily driver.
Every commute can be a ralley stage, on ramp merge at 80 in 4th gear, slide over to left lane, shift to 6th and set cruise to 75 before the giant rear wing attracts the attention of a trooper. Back roads curves strung together, AWD gripping, boost on boil, smiles per the mile.
If traveling to the city we take the wifey’s Cx-9. The subie hates stop and go traffic. The hydraulic clutch will make you hate 1st to 2nd gear crawls (I have stalled this car more then any manual I have driven). The AWD requires 2 driving styles. 1. The Adult: ease clutch part way out, feed in some throttle, let wheels make one complete rotation, disengage clutch and you‘re off. 2. The A-hole: rev to 5k, dump clutch, and every ricer thinks it’s go time to the next set of lights. I tried to teach my daughter to drive the STi, it didn’t go well.
Hopefully the Bronco will look like the renderings. The roof can be removed for summer fun, ecoboost for off the line, some lite off road capabilities. It would be my daily, but not boring commuter. I was cross shopping the new JL. I already have an ‘88 911 Carrera for the big boy toy.
I don’t know if I could ever give up my STi. Bought an 07 new and traded it for my 11 new and it’s FBO flex fuel with Kw coil overs and other mods. It’s very fun, very loud and very uncomfortable. My wife won’t go in it lol. It’s a grown ups go kart. The STi is a much more rare car than what the Bronco will be. There will be Broncos in all of our mirrors as we drive, just like Wranglers and Mustangs. I want a removable top 4x4 with a manual and if Ford delivers, I will probably get one. There used to be a lot more options for this type of vehicle.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t know if I could ever give up my STi. Bought an 07 new and traded it for my 11 new and it’s FBO flex fuel with Kw coil overs and other mods. It’s very fun, very loud and very uncomfortable. My wife won’t go in it lol. It’s a grown ups go kart. The STi is a much more rare car than what the Bronco will be. There will be Broncos in all of our mirrors as we drive, just like Wranglers and Mustangs. I want a removable top 4x4 with a manual and if Ford delivers, I will probably get one. There used to be a lot more options for this type of vehicle.
Will miss the responsiveness and cornering capability and handling. Won’t miss the 19mpg and having to dodge potholes and straddle speed bumps. The wife is also not a fan of the Subaru’s Alcantara covered buckets for long rides. She used to race the old square classic broncos in her youth on local motor cross, hill climbs and sand drags (Break it on Sunday, fix it on Monday). She wants an old one but Icon and Gateway have help to shoot prices to the moon.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2013 Focus (5 spd no tranny recalls for me) will last 20 years, not worried.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've spent the afternoon under the hood of my 250, pulling all the crap off the top so that I can get to some damn $10 valve underneath the turbo. and thats not to fix it, just to help my troubleshoot where my leak is. My truck has been the bane of my existence for the last 5 years, and it will continue to be for some time...I've driven borrowed cars and trucks more in the last year than my own truck.

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Kia.... sigh.... has 130K on it and is starting to seep oil out of the valve cover and oil pan. Simple fixes both, but are they indicative of future problems? Can it make it until next spring? These things keep me up at night and make my Gladiator vs. Bronco decision making process more difficult....

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Currently driving a 2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab with a shade over 130,000 miles on the clock. I'm not worried about it. I'm more worried about being able to actually afford a new Bronco without having to trade off the truck. I need a pickup truck. I could get by with less pickup truck than I have, but I regularly use the bed of my truck for things that I'm just never going to mess with a trailer for (like dropping the trash off at the end of our long driveway on my way out to work in the mornings).

If I can't afford a Bronco without trading away the Tundra, I'll wait for the Ranger redesign and trade for one of those instead.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh yeah. Got a 2010 Explorer after my 2006 burned up (after 300k miles) because I was hoping to get a Bronco in 2022 and liked the last of the trucky Explorers. In hindsight, I should have gotten a newer one. That clock on the G4 Explorer is ticking faster than it did the first time around 10 years ago.

Demondsol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cherokee
I was just hoping to make the tires on my DD stretch the distance, but it now looks as tho it will get a cheap set before I trade her in. And then the XJ sounds like it will need a new flex plate before it can fetch the money needed to get a lift on the Bronco.
Sponsored