Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

Roger Raimo

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2003 Excursion. V-10! 143K on her. Gotta do some maintenance on it. Rear seal, transfer case fluid, and replace radiator hoses. I only wish Ford would make these again! Also have an 05 rubicon TJ. 55k on that. Can get by with that but really want to see that Bronco soon!!
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2003 Excursion. V-10! 143K on her. Gotta do some maintenance on it. Rear seal, transfer case fluid, and replace radiator hoses. I only wish Ford would make these again! Also have an 05 rubicon TJ. 55k on that. Can get by with that but really want to see that Bronco soon!!
Maybe the "Bronco Family" will eventually expand to include a full-sized vehicle called the "Bronco Excursion."

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just picked up a 220,000 mile 1997 Honda CR-V for $1400, I should be good for another 10 years or so if need be.
Jealous. Living in the rust belt makes that approach less easy. I've had a couple vehicles that ran nice and could have for years, but unfortunately the rust gets them.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah but you'll have to fight your husband for the keys.
Funny thing about the keys - I can start her with a penny because the ignition keyway is completely whacked, and there is absolutely zero need to ever lock the doors unless I spy homeless people lurking nearby that look as if they may need a private place to shoot up, take a shit, or vomit.

Until I have a new Bronco (or decide to skip it and make the '71 streetable) I can't be driving the 7.3 Excursion for around town stuff. I don't mind that it's tough to park with the way everybody in this town ignores the lines in parking lots. I don't mind the 9mpg fuel economy with more expensive fuel. But the thought of gumming up that glorious 259,000 mile clatterbox by not giving it enough time to warm up was enough impetus to make me buy Tinkerbelle. 126 fire-breathing hp (well - maybe when she rolled out of the factory, at sea level, 23 hard years ago).

Some basic economics:

Oil Filter: Excursion - $24.99. Tinkerbelle - $4.15

Oil Capacity: Excursion - 15 Qts. every 5000mi. It burns a quart every 1k miles, so that's 21 Qts total. Tink - *almost* a full 4 Qts. @7500 mi. Leaks two drops every time you park it.

Air filter: $69 (AEM dry filter). Fairy car: $11.00

Tires: Jeebus. Don't get me started on tires. Suffice it to say I can outfit the mini-excursion with 4 and a spare for less than one Excursion tire. Receipts sho that the last owner of the CR-V replaced the tires 44,000 miles ago, they look about 50% worn. Excursion: I put tires on it 10k ago, I might get another 20k out of them if I rotate them religiously and don't chunk them up too badly on rocky trails.

Injectors: Excursion - $2180.56 new Alliance, $1095 for remans. Tink - $45.00, new OEM Honda. My upcoming service on the Excursion - trans flush, oil change, injectors, high pressure oil pump, upgrade trans oil cooler, some other little stuff... doing all the work myself, the parts will be around $3k. To put that in perspective, I put around $10k into it last year, and I picked up TWO CR-Vs (one for the kids) for less than this next service will cost. I should buy a couple more Hondas and stash them away in the back of a filing cabinet for future use.

Someday I'll visit Clay from Riffraff Diesel, and get to meet his kids that I put through college.

So, it's just simple math - this has absolutely nothing to do with my husband.

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT; '20 Raptor S/CREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2015 Mustang GT is flawless, so im not too worried.

ferg

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2006 Rav4 with 201,000 miles, has to hold on a little longer til the wife's Explorer gets paid off. Then it's definitely 4 door time (need something more family sized for outings besides the TJ so we don't kill each other)

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had to put a new alternator in my F150. :rolleyes:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had to put a new alternator in my F150. :rolleyes:
I just did injectors on the 250, then broke two bolts and ripped threads out of the head for a valve cover bolt. the suspension is shot. I've been driving a borrowed 2002 T-bird for the last 5 months.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got t boned this past weekend, they ended up totaling my '13 King Ranch Expedition. It was supposed to get me til the new Bronco. Luckily their insurance was decent and i'm actually getting more than I paid for it. Now i can't decide what to do. Something cheap and reliable, or something newer and cheap with higher miles, to get me by.
Sponsored