Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got t boned this past weekend, they ended up totaling my '13 King Ranch Expedition. It was supposed to get me til the new Bronco. Luckily their insurance was decent and i'm actually getting more than I paid for it. Now i can't decide what to do. Something cheap and reliable, or something newer and cheap with higher miles, to get me by.
Glad you are ok. If it was me, pick up a ford fusion or something along those lines. Put the rest in the bank for your down payment on the bronco. OR if you can find one. A first gen expedition with the 5.4. Can be had for relatively cheap, still have a decent tow capacity if you need it. Then use the rest for a bronco down payment. Maybe throw a cheap used plow on the old expy. They make great plow rigs.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got t boned this past weekend, they ended up totaling my '13 King Ranch Expedition. It was supposed to get me til the new Bronco. Luckily their insurance was decent and i'm actually getting more than I paid for it. Now i can't decide what to do. Something cheap and reliable, or something newer and cheap with higher miles, to get me by.
Personally if you intend on getting a Bronco out of the gate I’d pick up something cheap and reliable

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm pulling the transmission from our TJ next week for a rebuild. Finally gave up the ghost making grinding noises and dumping fluid.

Anyone waiting for a Bronco, consider an economy gas sipper. It may not be macho, but unless you are towing or hauling stuff often, you'll love having it. And you'll still be able to swing a Bronco down the road for utility and hauling to compliment the econo car.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will be getting rid of my 6.4 King Ranch and getting a Bronco while I am traveling. Once I get back home in a few years I will add a new f250 (2023MY) when the updated interior is added.
Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? 20180407_185729

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol, yeah, my 6 disc in dash CD Changer hasn't worked for years and I have given up trying to get the disc's out.
Had that happen on my Flex (single CD changer). I got mine out by disconnecting the battery for 5-10 minutes, then reconnected. Turn the ignition to ACC and push the Eject button. Like the dummy I am, I re-inserted it and it wouldn't eject; had to do the procedure over again. If this works on your 6-CD, you might have to repeat this for each CD.

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll be trading my ancient 2018 Escape SEL with the 1.5L EcoBoost I-4. So far it is giving me no problems, but there are a lot of 2016-19 1.5s with coolant leaking into the cylinders.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
240k on my Yota, Got Tired of waiting, bought a GMC Yesterday. Now I will wait 2 to 4 years and replace the next thing on the list.

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ill know next week once the wife sees the reveal. Her Wrangler JLU is a steering nightmare and she is willing to hold out if she likes the Bronco. I think its going to check the boxes. Ecoboost (she loves power), sits higher than a regular vehicle, rugged, Ford Sync (her UConnect has been horrible), mild off-roading, and of course "looks". Im telling you the steering wandering on her Wrangler is the biggest disappointment. It refuses to stay straight at highway speeds. Dealer has no answers and its unnerving that the faster you go, the more dead feel off center the steering becomes. The rest of the vehicle (besides the randomly working radio) is great. She is currently driving her lifted 98 TJ. Our 19 year old son is driving the JLU to work while his older F150 is getting cab corners. He walked in the other evening after getting home and asked why it drives so bad. We have always been a Ford and Wrangler family but the Bronco will hopefully take the place of the JLU. The TJ wont go anywhere.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2006 F-350 6.0, 130k... Motor is still solid, replaced a blown up turbo and manifold, currently leaking from the transfer cases, and the battery light is on, and the tires need replaced, and the 4WD switch doesn't appear to do anything. Manual hubs would be a great option for the Bronco. So yeah, I'm hoping to treat it gingerly until the horse comes home!

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2006 F-350 6.0, 130k... Motor is still solid, replaced a blown up turbo and manifold, currently leaking from the transfer cases, and the battery light is on, and the tires need replaced, and the 4WD switch doesn't appear to do anything. Manual hubs would be a great option for the Bronco. So yeah, I'm hoping to treat it gingerly until the horse comes home!
you don't have manuals on yours? MY 06 250 has manuals, good thing because the vacuum system has been broken for the 8 years I've had the truck,

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2012 xterra is going good but on the my trip down to coast, I broke an AC vent (user error), noticed stuffing (or something) coming out of the back bottom driver seat, and the brakes/tires are near their end. I'm really hoping to avoid the major maintenance crap but we will see LOL. I carpool for work so normally I have been putting about 50 miles a week on it.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you don't have manuals on yours? MY 06 250 has manuals, good thing because the vacuum system has been broken for the 8 years I've had the truck,
Yes, I have the manual hubs on the 350, and they have saved my bacon more than a few times since the switch/vacuums stopped working. Which is why it would be cool on the Bronco... though haven't seen indication of them on the spy/promo shots

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I have the manual hubs on the 350, and they have saved my bacon more than a few times since the switch/vacuums stopped working. Which is why it would be cool on the Bronco... though haven't seen indication of them on the spy/promo shots
Gotcha. And yes, I agree. while the current gen of electrical hubs seems to be more reliable than our vacuum ones, I would still prefer the ultimate backup in manual

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2009 Escape has about 190,000 miles. Hopefully it makes it. I saw the interior pics today but I would love to see some of the back seat and how it folds. I waited for the Ranger but the back seat is not big enough. Hopefully the Bronco fits the bill. I like everything else about it.
Sponsored