Sponsored

Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them?

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think I’m gonna take my Badlands (Lord willing)

But trade it in for a Warty. Should hold its value really well
I honestly do think they will hold value. I think if its a late 22 release for 23, I can hold off... WE SHALL SEE!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not two door so not waiting.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won’t be more expensive than the Raptor. Can see the Warthog being $15k more than a similarly equipped BL assuming it has a bigger engine. Suspension alone won’t support that because we can do that ourselves. Doubt it will have portals as some have interpreted the videos shown. Doubt it will have beefier axels but perhaps better axels shafts which we can also do ourselves. Wider fenders will likely be available aftermarket.

I’m 99% getting one but can’t see this being as drastic a difference as the Raptor is to the F-150.

As for ADM. I’m just not that foolish. I’ll drive my Badlands until pricing comes down to MSRP. Why I’m not bothering to get a Raptor at the moment. Dealers gone wild and understandably but I’m just not wealthy enough to over pay just because I must have it.
My Raptor with the 802A luxury package MSRP was $65k.

The 2021 Raptor base price is now ~$64000. With the 801A package it gets to $70K. With the 37“ tire package, you’re looking at $75K.

If the Warthog starts at $55K and tops out at $75K, I think I’ll still be interested. I’m just concerned Ford will price it like the Wrangler 392 and start it at $75K.

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't expect the Warthog will have the specific off road goodies like sway bar disconnect and with how wide it's gonna be would get real scratched up on the trails I frequent. Originally was going to wait for it but now ordered a BL and can always trade up later. ;)

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be dead by then so no.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't expect the Warthog will have the specific off road goodies like sway bar disconnect and with how wide it's gonna be would get real scratched up on the trails I frequent. Originally was going to wait for it but now ordered a BL and can always trade up later. ;)
what do you think is going to be on it? If that’s the case, I’ll back out of it and just get a BL

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what do you think is going to be on it? If that’s the case, I’ll back out of it and just get a BL
Long travel suspension, longer control arms, gearing meant for fast desert running, and probably a bit different armor? Just my guesses as the Badlands is explicitly specified as the 'extreme' rock crawler by Ford marketing and it would seem like having the Warthog as the dirt, mud, and sand runner vs the rock crawler and to play with the Raptor makes sense in my opinion. Not to say the Warthog won't be also epic off road but it sure looks like it's gonna be within inches of the Raptor's width based on other forum posts here and not as great to maneuver on 'Jeep' specified trails.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did cancel my BL reservation back in November and decided to wait it out for a Warthog. However I'm constantly going back and forth on what I want to do. I originally had a Gen3 Raptor on my shopping list but the pricing changed my mind. The fact that the base Bronco can be had with the Sasquatch package instantly made is something worth considering. I could mod the hell out of something like that. But I still like the Badlands as well...

I'm just all over the place on what I want to do. I'm hoping I'll be a bit closer to deciding something when I finally get to see the Bronco on Memorial day.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did cancel my BL reservation back in November and decided to wait it out for a Warthog. However I'm constantly going back and forth on what I want to do. I originally had a Gen3 Raptor on my shopping list but the pricing changed my mind. The fact that the base Bronco can be had with the Sasquatch package instantly made is something worth considering. I could mod the hell out of something like that. But I still like the Badlands as well...

I'm just all over the place on what I want to do. I'm hoping I'll be a bit closer to deciding something when I finally get to see the Bronco on Memorial day.

Not likely to find a BaseSquatch unless you order it. Not for years.
My opinion.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not likely to find a BaseSquatch unless you order it. Not for years.
My opinion.
Anything I get will be an order anyways.. :)
Sponsored