Sponsored

Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they push my reservation to 2022MY or my reservation dealer tries to play games with the build and price I’m dropping my reservation and waiting for the Hog.

Seems Ford is oblivious or doesn’t care what some dealers are doing.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I'm assuming Warthog will be in the usual well below demand production numbers SVT usually builds so they'll be near impossible to get a hold of, allocated instead of reserved, and priced accordingly.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get out of my head! very similar situation over here... was also considering waiting for the new M3, but that hideous new kidney grill is a huge, giant turnoff. That's what led me to reserve a bronco. The more I think about it, the more excited I am about a different kind of enthusiast driving. I love fast cars, and have had a few, but I'm ready for a new sort of adventure I think, and the ability to move the kids around a little easier is really appealing (even though they claim they would be happy with another sports car with a cramped back seat)
The struggle is real- I hear you! I've also had a few tickets in the past few years so cars that are fun while driven slowly have a significant draw to them...

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on gathering up WH parts like brake components, a arms, CV axles, shocks, springs and swap it onto my BL.

That is only of the WH has even more articulation over the BL and with those a arms by the look of it they will.

By the time I gather all the parts I figure I am targeting having around 65-75k miles on my bronco so it will be time to replace worn items anyway...figure at around 4 years after taking delivery.

Brakes will probably get upgraded as soon as I find a set.

Sponsored

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may wait but have since been leaning heavily towards a 2 door after seeing more and more photos. Sorry for ignorance, but is Warthog going to be 4 door only?

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I may wait but have since been leaning heavily towards a 2 door after seeing more and more photos. Sorry for ignorance, but is Warthog going to be 4 door only?
Nobody knows but haven't seen one. I remember ford saying the 2 door was gonna be the halo bronco. Really hoping they do a 2 door

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on gathering up WH parts like brake components, a arms, CV axles, shocks, springs and swap it onto my BL.

That is only of the WH has even more articulation over the BL and with those a arms by the look of it they will.

By the time I gather all the parts I figure I am targeting having around 65-75k miles on my bronco so it will be time to replace worn items anyway...figure at around 4 years after taking delivery.

Brakes will probably get upgraded as soon as I find a set.
I like your style Greg, may have to copy that plan

Jace 21583

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, I am not going to wait. I want one desperately though. My expectation is that demand will be insane and I am not willing to put down thousands over MSRP to get one. If they are reservation eligible (some new process) or on the lots at MSRP, I will trade in.

My bigger dilemma is to buy two Broncos now (His/Hers) or to wait for the Warthog for the second Bronco.

I am also thinking about a F150 Raptor as the second vehicle. The Bronco doesn't solve my hauling needs (fishing gear) but I can make it work. A Raptor would fix that problem.
Get her bronco and your Raptor when the gen3 launches. you should be able to pick up a gen2 at a decent price unless you want to wait and see the price tag on the gen3 and the possibility of a v8. Then get your warthog. That's my plan anyway. Already have an 18 raptor. The wildtrak will be the wife's daily, cause she likes to go fast lol

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not an early adopter, so, sure, I'm happy to wait to see what the Hog has in store for us.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, I am not going to wait. I want one desperately though. My expectation is that demand will be insane and I am not willing to put down thousands over MSRP to get one. If they are reservation eligible (some new process) or on the lots at MSRP, I will trade in.

My bigger dilemma is to buy two Broncos now (His/Hers) or to wait for the Warthog for the second Bronco.

I am also thinking about a F150 Raptor as the second vehicle. The Bronco doesn't solve my hauling needs (fishing gear) but I can make it work. A Raptor would fix that problem.

Raptor is an excellent beach buggy....it makes a terrible second car because it is the one you always grab the keys when you go almost anywhere. I average over 15k miles a year for the last three years...and I work from home. Heck, I sold by Boxster because I wasnt driving it anymore.

Ford Bronco Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them? IMG_1776.JPG

bajachris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Raptor, 66 Race bronco, 16 F350/camper w/37s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might wait, at least until Ford tells us what a Warthog is. If it's got 37's and all the Badlands rock crawl goodies like sway bar disconnect, rock GOAT mode, HOSS, etc then I'll wait for it.

On the other hand, if its more of a Wildtrack go fast focus then no interest, I have a Raptor for that.

Rev68

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
asdf
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may hold off to see how the warthog turns out, mostly because I'm super not happy with my interior options on the WT.

FUNgineer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raptor is an excellent beach buggy....it makes a terrible second car because it is the one you always grab the keys when you go almost anywhere. I average over 15k miles a year for the last three years...and I work from home. Heck, I sold by Boxster because I wasnt driving it anymore.

Ford Bronco Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them? IMG_1776.JPG
I hear yah. I sold my BMW 2 door rocket because the F150 gets all the love. I drove the BMW so little I had to put it on a battery tender so it wouldn't drain completely. That's when I decided what is the point of having and paying for registration and insurance for something that I never used any more.
Sponsored