Sponsored

Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them?

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current thought process is get the BL with Sasquatch and not spend a penny upgrading until details on the Warthog are revealed. If it’s just upgraded components and bigger tires then I’ll just sell the tires/wheels and go balls to the walls with a great suspension with 37s and wheels of my choice.

If it has upgraded frame and/or bigger engine then just trade the BL because it will cost more to match and not as cool to own. Hoping there’s a lease. Will make matters simpler when it comes time to decide.
Sponsored

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
its gotta be near 90-100K for any warthog... maybe worth it if it came with master chief suit

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
its gotta be near 90-100K for any warthog... maybe worth it if it came with master chief suit
Good luck with Master Chief. I hit mine in another service at 19 sew/pin on.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
with ADMs, you are probably not far off. one of the reasons i will wait till the second MY to order one. looking at a 2024my.

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won’t be more expensive than the Raptor. Can see the Warthog being $15k more than a similarly equipped BL assuming it has a bigger engine. Suspension alone won’t support that because we can do that ourselves. Doubt it will have portals as some have interpreted the videos shown. Doubt it will have beefier axels but perhaps better axels shafts which we can also do ourselves. Wider fenders will likely be available aftermarket.

I’m 99% getting one but can’t see this being as drastic a difference as the Raptor is to the F-150.

As for ADM. I’m just not that foolish. I’ll drive my Badlands until pricing comes down to MSRP. Why I’m not bothering to get a Raptor at the moment. Dealers gone wild and understandably but I’m just not wealthy enough to over pay just because I must have it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Won’t be more expensive than the Raptor. Can see the Warthog being $15k more than a similarly equipped BL assuming it has a bigger engine. Suspension alone won’t support that because we can do that ourselves. Doubt it will have portals as some have interpreted the videos shown. Doubt it will have beefier axels but perhaps better axels shafts which we can also do ourselves. Wider fenders will likely be available aftermarket.

I’m 99% getting one but can’t see this being as drastic a difference as the Raptor is to the F-150.

As for ADM. I’m just not that foolish. I’ll drive my Badlands until pricing comes down to MSRP. Why I’m not bothering to get a Raptor at the moment. Dealers gone wild and understandably but I’m just not wealthy enough to over pay just because I must have it.
My Raptor with the 802A luxury package MSRP was $65k.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Built a 2 door wildtrak the other day and it was 58k. I think the 2021 or 22 raptor pricing will be more of an indicator than the last gen pricing

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Might be the right thread for this...

Is there literally any evidence as to show there could possibly be a 2-door Warthog?

If so, I'm gonna get one. If not, I'm 100% out.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Might be the right thread for this...

Is there literally any evidence as to show there could possibly be a 2-door Warthog?

If so, I'm gonna get one. If not, I'm 100% out.
Nope. At one point a ford exec said the 2 door is the halo bronco but yet to see anything backing that up

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was getting a 2020 with all the bells and whistles and that MSRP was $73k. I’d expect to pay less for a Warthog
I am betting it will hit right in the middle of the Raptor price range. About like an 801A equipped Raptor. Then again when the Gen-3 Raptor finally does debut it could have a huge price increase.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, 2.7L is plenty for me in a truck (I'm not towing boats or car trailers and the like). If I really find it lacking (very doubtful) I can always get a tune. Beyond that, for me, when I want high HP that's what sports cars are for.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes sir! I will be waiting. That is, I have a BL on order just in case things fall through
Sponsored