Sponsored

Is anyone debadging or rebadging their Bronco?

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First thing I do when I get the Bronco home. Outer Banks badges go strait to the bin. Black Chrome Bronco script is already in hand. It is a Bronco, period.
Where did you purchase the black Bronco script?
Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Typical methods involve heat gun until the glue softens, and/or some fishing line to carefully cut through the adhesive backing. Worked great on my Toyotas over the years.
If you are not good or don't trust yourself with a heat gun, use a hair dryer. Heat guns can get hot fast and bubble the paint. It takes a bit longer, but more room for error.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the idea of a script badge, but with the grille saying bronco, it’s overkill. If the grill was blank or said ford , it’d look good. But bronco x 3 on the front half of the car is too much.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting thread. Be the first vehicle I've ever bought that will be worth more for the first year than I paid for it. I'm buying base. FEs will appreciate provided they don't actually get dirty. Other trim levels will depreciate after dealers can stock them. A squtched one will depreciate slower than the rest, regardless of trim level.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are not good or don't trust yourself with a heat gun, use a hair dryer. Heat guns can get hot fast and bubble the paint. It takes a bit longer, but more room for error.
Agreed! Great point, thanks.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I take all of mine of and replace them with 2 things...

1. Chrome USMC - Eagle, Globe & Anchor
2. Chrome Freemason - Compass, G & square

I have it on all 3 of my cars.. looks fantastic

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm disappointed that the trim badge is just a sticker. I'm thinking about taking mine off. Does anyone else feel the same way?

If someone makes a 3D badge for each trim, I may consider replacing it with that.
We must be getting bored talking about pulling stickers off for six pages.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm disappointed that the trim badge is just a sticker. I'm thinking about taking mine off. Does anyone else feel the same way?

If someone makes a 3D badge for each trim, I may consider replacing it with that.
Taking the dealership badges off (I did all the hard work, why should they get free advertising), everything else will stay

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ready for someone to make this badge for me ? (ideally, u know, Ford)

2FA96491-0AF8-41C3-BE6D-4072238479B8.png
If vinyl is ok just go to any local printing/sign shop, with doing custom you could pick the size and colors. We do this type of stuff all the time, I may print/cut some vinyl to cover the Ford badge.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is a cool looking jeep. I like the roof rack and mirrors.
Does the hi-lift catch on tree branches being on the side? Has that location worked well for you?

I will want to attach a hi-lift somewhere . I have seen many options, hood, tail gate, front bumper and now this side mount for jeeps. What do you think of the options? I hope the bronco has as many as the Jeep does.
Thanks! I wanted something different with the mirrors. I had really nice mirror mounts to use when the doors were off (Die-Tech Mirror Brackets) but I wanted to permanently attach the mirrors to the body. None of the commercially available ones work very well so I found those clamp on mounts for roll cages (made by Liquid Iron Industries). I put bigger mirrors (5" came with them, I put 6" mirrors on) because the placement of them made it hard to see anything in detail.

I always wanted a safari style roof rack/roof basket. I found a great deal on one that would work with the roof bars (Rugged Ridge Sherpa roof rack). The basket was a KargoMaster Congo Roof Basket.

The Hi-Lift mount was a BOLT J-Mount Hi-Lift mount. I had a Rugged Ridge Hi-Lift mount that attached to the tailgate hinges but it rattled ALL THE TIME. The weight of the 33" spare caused the tailgate to vibrate so I installed a Teraflx HD hinge and the Rugged Ridge Hi-Lift mount wouldn't fit anymore. I did not want a hood or rear mount. There was one mount that mounted across the roll cage in the back but it made the cargo area useless. I never had any issues with the side mount Hi-Lift. It didn't rattle and was lockable. I never hit any large branches with it but smaller stuff was no problem.

I had the roof rack and basket installed for only about a month before I had to sell the Jeep in December 2018 to fund a cross country move for a job. I had so many more parts that I was waiting to install. I had the Jeep for over 6 years and it was close to being what I wanted it to be.

I foresee the Bronco aftermarket to be nearly as big as the Jeep market. I really hope to see innovative products come to market. I really like customizing my vehicles to make them mine.

Cheers!

Last edited:

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now I plan on leaving mine 100% as built. Not saying I won't add or modify, but I'll honor the designers and let it be. None of the badging seems offensive or excessive.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will be covering the Ford badge and if I go with the WT will remove and obviously no dealer badges. I am ok with the trim logo and bronco on the back.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs