Sponsored

Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removable quarters is huge. Plus it’s all about how the OEM markets the features. Since it’s being noted that the quarters are removable, I can guarantee that will be a point of emphasis for aftermarket manufacturers.
Thought they were removable flares not the entire quarter panel.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removable fenders dont mean much to me. If I needed to replace my wrangler fenders it took me a few minutes and I never removed them before wheeling. My current steel flares on my jeep are removable w/ 2 allen bolts and again Ive never removed them when wheeling.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
But the paint won't match without a blend, so you can physically replace them, but you'd still want to paint them on the vehicle and blend into the door(s), pillar(s), tailgate or hood. Not that it's really important, no one is really going to do that; although I almost bought a second set of fenders for my Super Duty when I first got it because I wanted to cut larger wheel openings, but I was going to leave them e-coated, knowing they'd never really match to stock paint.
Just line them up and shoot it in a long run.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more than excited about the ease in changing quarter panels! In fact, seeing the SEMA build pushed me back to 2-door. While the 4-door does have removeable rear quarter, I don't see as many cool offerings without being much more intrusive. Changing to squared off panels on the 4 door, would require a new door panel, at minimum. With the door removed, the body frame would still have a round feature, and you'd be stuck with half a new profile panel showing. Someone may feature some panel trickery that extends to the body frame, but it would only work without the rear door, or you'd need to buy a newly designed door to match the profile. That's easily twice the cost compared to modifying a 2-door. The 2-door is where it's at, I think. I gotta have those SEMA fenders and doors! Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am? 1605967210260

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be something to watch vendors come out with .
Personally a wide body fender look might be the ticket

2 dr for sure that rear door would take some work

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think a lot of people are minimizing the amount of work Ford did for us in designing this. Yes, you can remove fenders on almost everything, but they surely went to great lengths to ensure we don't have to mess with stupid little wheel well bolts that are gooped up with mud and side marker light connectors that are in a not so great location. Ford is going to tell us to go pound sand if we don't give them an attaboy sometimes. I say thanks Ford!

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i like it!

maybe one way to reduce pin striping while offroad would be to remove all the fenders/quarter panels and doors and drive 'naked' :D

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can definitely see a place for slimmed down plastic panels for off road use. Plastic fenders and tube doors = zero backcountry pinstripes. Maybe even run them all summer and swap back for winter when the flares and doors are an absolute requirement in MI??

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about fat fenders with matching quarters that have a pocket for a Hi-lift jack or shovel or straps. Like a fat quarter with a box like the dodge ram boxes but smaller. That way you have less junk inside taking up dog space.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i like it!

maybe one way to reduce pin striping while offroad would be to remove all the fenders/quarter panels and doors and drive 'naked' :D
The VW Thing look!

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not a huge fan of plastic fender flares in general, and I will probably never take them off anyways. So I would love to have some Raptor-type fenders to do away with the flares. I know I’ve said before that wheel wells should be round, but the fenders on the SEMA concept look pretty badass. Would be interested to see what a fender in that style that covers the tires would look like.
I have a feeling we might be seeing fenders that cover the tires on the Warthog.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being able to take the rear quarters of like that is pretty sweet.
Sponsored