Sponsored

Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am fine with the stock Bronco fenders.... however ever since the first picture of the flareless Bronco I’ve been excited to see what options we would have. Yes, we knew the fenders were easily removable but we didn’t know exactly how easily. (Answer; very)
Ford Bronco Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am? 0094D82C-2216-47FD-8B59-202EAC1565E9

Honestly, I think the fenders they have on there are almost purely due to regulations/MPG. I could see within a year or two, having something that either looks exactly like the Bronco R or maybe even more extreme
Ford Bronco Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am? E5FB53FE-7C4C-4ADA-826D-8D11C5340290
Ford Bronco Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am? 7587341D-850B-4E86-8838-B202908EDF72

Widebody kits, built in rotopax mounts, storage solutions.... if the aftermarket takes off like I think it will there are going to be some badass options.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I meant to go back and pull the exact quote, but didn’t the guy in the SEMA video list three different types of fenders that would be available?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fenders, for the most part, have always been easy to remove. They are typically bolt-on, with a half-dozen bolts. The a/m will cater to whoever is willing to pay. A widebody kit is something I see having little or no value to the Bronco, but there may be some people that are willing to pay for it.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking that the removable fenders would make the Bronco a snap to repaint.

Far easier to paint 4 fenders lying horizontally, than paint vertically without runs.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Body shops are not.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not a huge fan of plastic fender flares in general, and I will probably never take them off anyways. So I would love to have some Raptor-type fenders to do away with the flares. I know I’ve said before that wheel wells should be round, but the fenders on the SEMA concept look pretty badass. Would be interested to see what a fender in that style that covers the tires would look like.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fenders, for the most part, have always been easy to remove. They are typically bolt-on, with a half-dozen bolts. The a/m will cater to whoever is willing to pay. A widebody kit is something I see having little or no value to the Bronco, but there may be some people that are willing to pay for it.
Fenders are nothing special, the bolt on quarter panels however...
Fenders on a JK wrangler are definitely removable but I don’t think it’s super easy. Never done it myself but just checked my body shop paperwork, removal and replacement of the actual metal fender(one side)was billed at 2.5 hours for mine.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you get in a wreck or hit a tree on the quarter panel?

maybe just fix it in your driveway in 10 mins

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am really hoping that the fender alternatives will help make the 4-door more visually appealing to me, because I need the bigger Bronco for the space. Having 3 fender options (supposedly....) really increases those odds.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am fine with the stock Bronco fenders.... however ever since the first picture of the flareless Bronco I’ve been excited to see what options we would have. Yes, we knew the fenders were easily removable but we didn’t know exactly how easily. (Answer; very)
Ford Bronco Is anyone else as excited about the removable fenders as I am? 7587341D-850B-4E86-8838-B202908EDF72

Honestly, I think the fenders they have on there are almost purely due to regulations/MPG. I could see within a year or two, having something that either looks exactly like the Bronco R or maybe even more extreme

Widebody kits, built in rotopax mounts, storage solutions.... if the aftermarket takes off like I think it will there are going to be some badass options.
I am, but to be able to detail the vehicle, not to go offroad.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Removable quarters is huge. Plus it’s all about how the OEM markets the features. Since it’s being noted that the quarters are removable, I can guarantee that will be a point of emphasis for aftermarket manufacturers.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Removable quarters is huge. Plus it’s all about how the OEM markets the features. Since it’s being noted that the quarters are removable, I can guarantee that will be a point of emphasis for aftermarket manufacturers.
Yea I am looking forward to see what the aftermarket guys have in store for this. Having some of the stuff easily customizable will be a big selling point

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking that the removable fenders would make the Bronco a snap to repaint.

Far easier to paint 4 fenders lying horizontally, than paint vertically without runs.
But the paint won't match without a blend, so you can physically replace them, but you'd still want to paint them on the vehicle and blend into the door(s), pillar(s), tailgate or hood. Not that it's really important, no one is really going to do that; although I almost bought a second set of fenders for my Super Duty when I first got it because I wanted to cut larger wheel openings, but I was going to leave them e-coated, knowing they'd never really match to stock paint.
Sponsored