Sponsored

Is anyone else cancelling and getting the F150 Lightning?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like there is no marketing for the bronco or advertising all the hype is on the lightning and seems the bronco is an after thought be nice if they focused on getting these Broncos out to all of us that reserved

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha. My Ford Focus ST had 250 mile range when full. Your argument is flawed. An EV can be your only vehicle.
I suppose if you donā€™t ever go places and do things with your life, but for the majority of Americans that just canā€™t cut it. I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll do tomorrow, I could end up two states away if thatā€™s what the day brings.

I think I took 12 vacations last year alone, and that does not scratch the number of impromptu trips to the beach or mountains for the weekend.

I imagine if you live a very cookie cutter life you could make that work, but it just seems like an extremely specific lifestyle.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stickin with my Taco for a while. But very cool that this thing can provide backup power in a power outage. Just keep my fridge going and my pizza rolls frozen for a few days.

21-16x9-1621450312.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.jpg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The part you all ignore is how to produce the hydrogen. The easiest way currently, is to crack crude oil just like they refine to make gasoline. Problem s, it takes forty times more ENERGY to crack the crude to extract the hydrogen. So you want to use up forty more times the amount of energy to create a fuel? Gasoline wins again.
I dunno, Electricity comes from clean coal technology... that's hard to pass up. LMFAO.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You want a EV, go get one. Make it your only car. I am not going to stop you or even encourage you to go ICE. But, you pay for the charging station and don't stop me from going ICE. You wanting EV does not give you the right to make everyone go there and pay for the EV grid. If EV's are really better the free market will go there without tax credits and mandates. I have an EV, it's a bicycle.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered new F150 lightening. First day reso on two broncos and still no emails.

Added: For anyone interested in F-150 Lightning, visit sister-site F-150 Lightning EV Forum
I am not a truck person but I am impressed with this truck and the price tag. I think this is the one vehicle in the market that has found the sweet spot between utility and price. Most other EVs always seem too far removed from reality due to design or price. That said, I am still a bronco person. The only thing that can shake me out of my current decision is if the Warthog is an EV or hybrid and has an option under 60k (obviously the fully loaded version will be like 85k)

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolute zero interest in full electric. Too many long drives and no way I'd want to spend half the trip charging a battery. Nope.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old Thread RESURRECTION !!
I just cancelled my F150 Lightning reservation. I'll just keep driving what I have and wait for my Bronco to arrive. Now I've got an extra $100 to play with ;)

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Haha!! I love when the rabbit hole brings me to old threads. Ford just opened up the build and Price for the Lightning. Damn is it expensive if you want the extended range. The 230miles version is very reasonable and could very well replace our current V8. Exciting times.
Sponsored