Sponsored

Is anyone else cancelling and getting the F150 Lightning?

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.......................................no
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could. They operate 90% the same as ICE vehicles. Have some self confidence.
But an ICE vehicle does 100% of an ICE vehicle and can function as an only car - something an EV, at this time, cannot dream of doing. Especially not with 300 miles of range.
I’d have bigger things in life to worry about if I couldn’t afford the cost of gas, and buying an EV would be at the bottom of that list.

blacksquatched

Black Diamond
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I looked at them but then started looking at EV charging infrastructure here in Canada. Im also not confident the batteries will hold up long term with the colder temps during winter

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved one. It f ford can't get their shit together with the bronco and their time scale gets worse I will get the f150. Prefer the bronco though. I don't even like pickups, but I figured I could make it likeable.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you figure hydrogen is the future before electric? Honest question.
Water vapor is the only emission with Hydrogen. Electricity is primarily generated by diesel, natural gas, and coal. Only a miniscule percentage of electricity is generated by hydo-electric dams, windmills, and solar. Just because you're electric vehicle doesn't produce emissions, doesn't mean the electricity generated to charge it didn't. Not to mention the toxic elements and metals that are mined to manufacture electric vehicle batteries. Some of these elements and metals are mined in foreign countries with poor environmental standards and working conditions. Water runoff, etc. from these mines can be an environmental issue. Electric Vehicles are an over hyped sham IMHO!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of folks use trucks for towing. I don't see any claims about the range of these pick-ups when hooked to lets say a 7500 lb. trailer. What would that range look like towing in the mountains?
8ft.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tempting to cancel, especially since no email from ford yet about delivery date. I reserved on 7/14... I'LL WAITANOTHER WEEK AND SEE...

The new hyundai santa cruz looks very attractive right now, just as much HP as the 2.3 and it can tow 5000lbs!!!

deer hunter

Outer Banks
First Name
milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150 sc sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

order f150 lighting and see which one arrives first.having no luck with bronco first day ordeer

Sponsored

JDUBW89

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered new F150 lightening. First day reso on two broncos and still no emails.

Added: For anyone interested in F-150 Lightning, visit sister-site F-150 Lightning EV Forum
Will that one take a couple years of confusion and parts misinformation? Or do they actually have vehicles to buy?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The lightning for sure has my interest peaked.

I am starting to float the idea of canceling my bronco though

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tempting to cancel, especially since no email from ford yet about delivery date. I reserved on 7/14... I'LL WAITANOTHER WEEK AND SEE...

The new hyundai santa cruz looks very attractive right now, just as much HP as the 2.3 and it can tow 5000lbs!!!
You're comparing an unibody Hyundai compact pickup with independent suspension and well... Hyundai build quality to the bronco? Maybe the bronco sport. But the big bronco?

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe there should be. Not trying to argue here but this is all new territory and more information would be helpful for the masses that don't think more than five minutes ahead in life.

Marketing gonna market and it's on the consumer to figure most of it out. But advertising a 10k tow capacity and a 230mi range where I live is going to leave a lot of people stuck in the middle of nowhere. Just my .02
I agree, but electric trucks are brand new. Itll be awhile until there's a standardized test. Look how long it took to get a standardized test for towing numbers. Wasn't that long ago the manufacturers just made up numbers to beat the competition year after year.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be fair, all of this is fairly moot. The market is artificially being pushed towards electric by government edicts and tax breaks. Ford will profit far more money from the sell of an EV than it will a gas powered car due to government regulations and tax incentives, so that’s what we will see.
Agree with this. A government program can totally turn upside down the economics of an industry. Ask any refining company about RINS in the Renewable Fuels Standard Program. Having said that, I did put in a reservation toward the end of the Lightning reveal. Will probably cancel, but with the unknown delivery on the Bronco...never say never! (Edit: to be clear, not canceling the Bronco, cancel the Lightning.)
Sponsored