Sponsored

Is anyone else cancelling and getting the F150 Lightning?

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No chance in hell they deliver that before they do the broncos. This is next level chip requirements. 😹😹😹😹
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that he starts the video saying how burning hydrogen in a combustion engine is a dumb idea
nothing is dumber than plugging in and waiting for your car to charge,

in California for every 5 people that have bought a Tesla , 2 have dumped it and went back to ICE.

I hope you f150 lighting folks don’t have all the problems this guy has had with a Mach E..totally insane.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nothing is dumber than plugging in and waiting for your car to charge,

in California for every 5 people that have bought a Tesla , 2 have dumped it and went back to ICE.

I hope you f150 lighting folks don’t have all the problems this guy has had with a Mach E..totally insane.

The stat is 1 in 5 and you've never been able to address the shortcomings of hydrogen. Let me give one more data point. The guy in the video had a shit experience but the difference between that and hydrogen is that he can do that drive with an ev but good luck finding a hydrogen gas station

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have been recycling lithium batteries for years. EV batteries are more complicated due to their size but the process is the same. You should treat your information source with suspicion unless it's Q-Anon, then it's ok.

The contents of the batteries are exposed using a shredder or a high-speed hammer, depending on battery size. The contents are then submerged in caustic water. The caustic solution neutralizes the electrolytes, and ferrous and non-ferrous metals are recovered. The clean scrap metal is then sold to metal recyclers while the solution is then filtered. The carbon is recovered and pressed into moist sheets of carbon cake. Some of the carbon is recycled with cobalt. The lithium in the solution is converted to lithium carbonate. The lithium carbonate is used to make lithium ingot metal and foil for other batteries. It also provides lithium metal for resale and for the manufacture of sulfur dioxide batteries
there are only about a dozen EV battery recycling sites around the world. And in the USA where we really don’t manufacture a lot of batteries, most are in China..there is no market for the recycled toxic mess. Can’t wait for the first ship of toxic batteries to dump into the ocean. Will make the Exxon Valdez look like a piece of cake.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/ev-battery-recycling#read-online-content

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stat is 1 in 5 and you've never been able to address the shortcomings of hydrogen. Let me give one more data point. The guy in the video had a shit experience but the difference between that and hydrogen is that he can do that drive with an ev but good luck finding a hydrogen gas station
bud ...where do you get your info from?..Chevron just inked a deal to produce and put in hydrogen stations across the USA. You can put in a hydrogen plant in a year or so..it takes many years to put in a natural gas plant or nuclear...There are no short comings with Hydrogen...Japan and the EU are getting away from plug in EV’s. The new technology is game changer..it will be a Hydrogen economy in the near future.

meanwhile if the current power grid doesn’t drastically increase is production with new coal, and natural gas plants ..when plug in EV‘s hit 15% of the current share of the automobile market there will be no way to power them ..doesn’t matter how many plugs you have if you can’t get power to them, not to mention an increase in sky high home utility bills because of all the increase. Solar and wind are pretty much not a contender and very unreliable for most of the country.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. My Ford Focus ST had 250 mile range when full. Your argument is flawed. An EV can be your only vehicle.
ha ha ha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ..I drive an hour and 10 min to work and the same back, I can do it for about $20-24 depending on gas prices. In 2019 I could do it for like $8 ea way ..thanks Joe. I drive an edge ..that’s a half a tank. Someone has a Tesla S who works with me, he has to be given a ride in a gas powered vehicle to another location near our place of work where he can “plug in” and then a ride back ..he doesn’t do this every day, but at least a couple days a week. He lives 30 minutes closer to work than I do..no thanks bro..that just insane.

not everyone lives in a big city...

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never. I don't need or want a full size truck. And if I ever do get a EV, I will definetly need to have a gas vehicle to long out of town drivers. And I'm to cheap to pay insurance and maintenence for 2 vehicles. If I was married or something I could see myself having one. But I'd rather have a car EV.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I get an f150...I'm leaning toward that hybrid...24mpg....If I got the electric F150 it would have to have a 300 mile range min....Ac/heating would be a factor...plus towing would drain the batteries. I dont see a 230 mile range selling well, unless you have a short commute and dont plan on towing much.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't hydrogen pretty expensive? Im pretty sure I saw a video that said after you use all of your fuel credits, you can expect to pay 90 bucks to fill up.
not much more than California gas prices are today ...the difference is Hydrogen has much more energy 2.2 pounds vs 6.2 pounds of gas..so it goes alot farther. And gas blows away plug in electric in terms of energy. That’s why major Truck manufacturers are not going plug in electric ..they are going hydrogen fuel cell. You just can’t tow with batteries.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bud ...where do you get your info from?..Chevron just inked a deal to produce and put in hydrogen stations across the USA. You can put in a hydrogen plant in a year or so..it takes many years to put in a natural gas plant or nuclear...There are no short comings with Hydrogen...Japan and the EU are getting away from plug in EV’s. The new technology is game changer..it will be a Hydrogen economy in the near future.

meanwhile if the current power grid doesn’t drastically increase is production with new coal, and natural gas plants ..when plug in EV‘s hit 15% of the current share of the automobile market there will be no way to power them ..doesn’t matter how many plugs you have if you can’t get power to them, not to mention an increase in sky high home utility bills because of all the increase. Solar and wind are pretty much not a contender and very unreliable for most of the country.
The EU is working on green hydrogen, i.e using a massive amount of renewable energy to create hydrogen. The majority of that will more than likely go to industrial purposes. Moving hydrogen around isn't easy. You'll never get the type of coverage that you currently have with gas stations or electric chargers. But I guess time will tell

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have an easily accessible electrical grid that can be upgraded/expanded to make charging stations more common than gas.

Hydrogen? we have nothing, the cost to setup nationwide hydrogen stations is beyond anything our country could even begin.
It will be limited to buses/18 wheelers.
Miss me with that H2 nonsense.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You should get out more. Or at least do some research.

::sigh::
I have done the research. In order to get where I go 20+ weekends a year, I would be dependent on two charging stations with relatively fast charging capability. During my drive I have to decide which way to go. Then I am dependent on one charging station. If there is a problem with it, I am screwed.

I ordered a Lightning. However, it is not unreasonable to say that the charging infrastructure needs to improve. I’ve done a ton of research and discussed it with BEV engineers at Ford and GM. My use case is outside some of the current limitations. And that’s fine, for now. I expect Chargers to start popping up everywhere. But that needs to happen for some people to consider one.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning, no...Tremor, maybe

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty sure no stick shift option, so NO.
Sponsored