Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you in my brain?

I went Wildtrak initially, then down to a Big Bend, to an OBX, and finally to the Badlands.

I'll be paying for some stuff I won't need, but maybe I'll grow into it!

And the idea of 33s over stock is great.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the level you are looking at the 4 door vs. 2 door only increases your costs about 4%.

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in a similar boat. My build is $55k. I drive 80 highway miles Monday-Friday. I am going to spend $50-60k on something, and I have wondered whether the bronco is the best vehicle in this price range for what I need to do. My wife has a newer navigator, and I have a 2018 traverse. I have hated the traverse since buying it. I am in construction, but don’t haul materials or tools. I have a really narrow window of vehicles I can drive. Fun, capable, domestic, not too expensive. At this point, I am planning on ordering, but still find myself looking at other vehicles.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I have some more luck in the market before my December order I may just get the squatch.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base will probably suite my DD needs but am going with BD because it does look better, has a better stance with the 32's on 17's. Has a bunch more offroad features than Base, that I'll use maybe 10% of the time. Once I get it setup for camping I'll try to increase my offroad experiences, nothing more than a medium trail. I have to admit I do lean towards a cool factor.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The OBX, which is what I initially reserved, makes the most sense for me. I don't do any rock crawling. I do some light trails in the mountains. And I might take it on the sand at the beach. But 90% of the time, it'll be on pavement.

However, I didn't like the look of the 18" wheels or painted fender flares, mirror caps, and door handles; so I started looking at other trims.

I've landed on the 4-door Badlands, and I believe that's where I'll stay. I don't anticipate needing the sway bar disconnect. But I love the look and the vibe. And I love that I *can* drive it virtually anywhere I'd ever consider going. Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.

And, just to spend more money on stuff I probably don't need, I'll get the 2.7L motor. Because, well, faster is better. And I am thinking the 2.7L will last longer.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in a similar boat. My build is $55k. I drive 80 highway miles Monday-Friday. I am going to spend $50-60k on something, and I have wondered whether the bronco is the best vehicle in this price range for what I need to do. My wife has a newer navigator, and I have a 2018 traverse. I have hated the traverse since buying it. I am in construction, but don’t haul materials or tools. I have a really narrow window of vehicles I can drive. Fun, capable, domestic, not too expensive. At this point, I am planning on ordering, but still find myself looking at other vehicles.
Are you buying a vehicle or an adventure. If you want to be practical - buy a Toyota. But if you want to smile as you go to work and back - buy a bronco and you’ll never regret it.

Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an age-old question. Most people could do just fine with "basic transportation" like a Honda Civic. But what's the fun in that?

The Bronco is a toy.

The answer to your question is how much you value your toys.

I know guys that drive economical cars, but have golf memberships because golf is what is important to them, so they spend their "toy money" on golf.

If you are a car/truck enthusiast, like me, then you spend extra for fun cars instead of the Honda Civic.

No right or wrong answer for your personal situation.

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience of the 2 years in automotive sales. I have found that the desired vehicles are "typically" a little more expensive than a customer initially planned. I sold myself on the Badlands, which I know will equal a $700 a mo. payment. Just on the fact of not "wishing" I would have done this or that in making it more affordable, lowering a payment by maybe $50-$100 a month. When I can budget better, like on fast food lol. Go with the Badlands, your wallet may not thank you, but your long term happiness may lol
Sponsored