Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm notorious for "overbuilding"... I'm of the mindset that I'd rather have it an not [or occasionally] need it, vs. need it and not have it.

So a Wildtrak for a daily driver and weekend warrior for me! :)
Sponsored

VinceWright14

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everything I drive is excessive in some way lol. I drive a lowered 4wd Tahoe with 3k watt stereo system. I have a lifted 2012 4Runner on 33's with 2k watts of stereo and I have a 2002 Crown Vic LX Sport that's getting lowered on 20in Rovo wheels, Magnaflow exhaust..will have about 2k watts of stereo...plan on gears..other mods..blah blah blah. I've had several mustangs..2 tbird super coupes..2 fullsize Bronco's...a F150 Lightning...and several other vehicle. Nothing I drive is stock - they all get modded in some way and the Bronco wont be any different. Even If I get the squatch package it will still see some mods.
Yes I have a problem and no I don't plan on trying to do anything about it lol

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't need Badlands, I don't need Tow Package when there's already a truck at the job for that, and didn't need Mid.

Still got it anyway, especially in Rapid Red & 2dr with a stick. Big Bends or Black Jack would of sufficed, but no one ever gets the best and wish they got the lower trims

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
Exacty me! I had a qild trexoaded but im no off road guy. And with all the drlays i switched to big bend 2.3, rapid red, wih sig. Lights , bars, and soft top. I registered in Dec. But the dealer thinks with the switch I might get this in Nov. 2021

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Post-pandemic my job shifted to FT work from home - so my daily commute now is walking from my kitchen to the back room where my desk is located. Pretty much makes any trim overkill!šŸ˜‚. But Iā€™ll take my OBX anyway.

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve always loaded up every new car, or suv I buy. Eight to ten years down the road I never regretted it once.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought the Big Bend with minimal options, locking rear differential, tow package, mod hard top. Yesterday I cancelled the tow and MOD. Standard transmission, standard trim, soft top until the hardtops are ready in a couple years. I'm totally sure I'll be happy with the Bronco at about $38K. No buyers remorse, no "why the heck did I need all the cameras and software gimmicks for an off road vehicle?" questions. You'll have to justify paying $50K for what you "had to have."

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought the Big Bend with minimal options, locking rear differential, tow package, mod hard top. Yesterday I cancelled the tow and MOD. Standard transmission, standard trim, soft top until the hardtops are ready in a couple years. I'm totally sure I'll be happy with the Bronco at about $38K. No buyers remorse, no "why the heck did I need all the cameras and software gimmicks for an off road vehicle?" questions. You'll have to justify paying $50K for what you "had to have."
Very true, im right there with u

LetRBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Corvette, Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I initially sought out the Bronco because I wanted something to replace my Toyota Highlander daily driver (which I have never really liked) that doesnā€™t look like every other car on the road. Iā€™m sick of the curvy crossovers and SUVs.
Itā€™s really only when the looks of the revealed Bronco came through as a more boxy style WITH all the off road capability that I started to plan all the off road adventuring we would do with it.
So yes, itā€™s overkill but I have plans to use it accordingly.
Sponsored