Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear god, you explained my exact path to today. Pre-ordered a Big Bend as a surprise for the wife. Changed my mind to OBX because lights, rails and high package. After looking more and more i got confused snd ended up telling her about it before i wanted to. We saw the interior video and did not like the OBX options. We settled on the BD but I kept being pulled back to the gadgets. It’s not for me but I felt bad not getting her the cool stuff. So now we’re on the badlands and that’s where we will likely stay at this point. My 35-40K Bronco purchase has now become 50K.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm going FE 4dr because I think it will hold it's value well. If I didn't get that I would go Badlands 4dr and get all the options I would want. 3rd choice is Basesquatch 2dr cause it's awesome and a good value.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in a similar boat. My build is $55k. I drive 80 highway miles Monday-Friday. I am going to spend $50-60k on something, and I have wondered whether the bronco is the best vehicle in this price range for what I need to do. My wife has a newer navigator, and I have a 2018 traverse. I have hated the traverse since buying it. I am in construction, but don’t haul materials or tools. I have a really narrow window of vehicles I can drive. Fun, capable, domestic, not too expensive. At this point, I am planning on ordering, but still find myself looking at other vehicles.
Look at it this way, you will be able to get to any job site before the roads go in LOL

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m getting a 4-door loaded First Edition because it’s practical.

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway? 9D3928E4-0CAC-4924-9303-9FD466EC1C83

Tropical storm Fay, July 2020

I live three blocks from the ocean

Bronco Specs: Sasquatch maximum water fording (inches): 33.5

Not getting it for the looks

much

Last edited:

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did something similar, I knew I wanted the 2.7, Sasquatch, and mid level package but was thinking Big Bend, after I built every model out I seen that the Black Diamond had everything I wanted. A Badlands didn’t come with the interior features I liked for the same price or I would have got that. I’m at 50k but I will have this rig for a long time so I want to get what I want.
however like you I don’t really “Need” all those features but I sure the hell
Want them. It’s kinda like a gun, better to have it when you need it than not have it when you need it!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway? 9D3928E4-0CAC-4924-9303-9FD466EC1C83

Tropical storm Fay, July 2020

I live three blocks from the ocean

Bronco Specs: Sasquatch maximum water fording (inches): 33.5

Not getting it for the looks
Is there a snorkle in your future?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Driving in saltwater? Isn't the Bronco going to be totally trashed after a couple times? Might buy an aluminum fishing boat and keep the Bronco on higher ground.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dear god, you explained my exact path to today. Pre-ordered a Big Bend as a surprise for the wife. Changed my mind to OBX because lights, rails and high package. After looking more and more i got confused snd ended up telling her about it before i wanted to. We saw the interior video and did not like the OBX options. We settled on the BD but I kept being pulled back to the gadgets. It’s not for me but I felt bad not getting her the cool stuff. So now we’re on the badlands and that’s where we will likely stay at this point. My 35-40K Bronco purchase has now become 50K.
When I explained my dilemma to my wife, she gave me the following piece of advice: "Why bother buying a brand new truck if you're not going to get exactly what you want?" It's amazing how much buy-in from the wife makes everything easier. ?

All of you who contributed to this post helped solidify my decision to stick with the Badlands. The last thing I need to figure out is if I want the 4.46 rear axle or the 4.7. I have no idea which one is best for the stock tires and mostly on-road usage.

Sponsored

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wait till you have three different Broncos on paper all at different levels of capabilities of off road prowess and daily driver goodies for basically the same price. At least Basesquatch and Big Bend. Leave some room for seat covers and LineX for the top. But I need to stay focused on the washout interior of the Black Diamond, but Basesquatch. . .

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
I am between two builds

1) 4Dr Badlands - 2.7L, Mid Pkg, hardtop, rim upgrade $51,165
2) 4Dr Big Bend - 2.7L, Mid Pkg, hardtop + sound deadening, rear diff lock, Signature lights, Aux Switches, rockrails $44,335

Badlands is $6830 more. Call it rough $7k difference w/tax.

I'm a cash buyer and can afford what I want. That said, I'm cheap and scrutinize purchases. Badlands is overkill for my off-road needs. I drive fast and know Big Bend is a better on-road daily driver. BB with Sig lights & grills looks good. Rear lockers will be plenty off-road capable, but,,, I want Badlands optional rims and like looks of 33s. Nice to have the best BL machine, but that's my ego talking. On the fence, it may come down to whether or not LED tail lights are also available on BB. Crazy if Ford offers fronts & NO rears, crazy we don't know!

4Dr vs 2Dr:
I have two little girls and there's no fuc*&%$ing way in hell I'd get a 2Dr with family! I owned two 2Dr Wranglers before owning two 4Dr Wranglers, all when I was single. Once you've had 4 doors, you can't go back! Putting people and stuff in the 2Dr back seat is a colossal pain in the ass! 2Dr cargo area is pathetic! 4Dr gives a better road ride. I know, the 2Dr looks cool and I feel the pull, but damn,, you have to live with it every day!
Sponsored