Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally...I define overkill as having all of the options you talked about knowing that you may never use them to their potential. Sounds like you and your wife aren't in that category because it looks like the two of you get it in. I, on the other hand, ain't about that life......yet. ;)
Battlescars and pinstriping are all part of the fun. Ive done more damage to my wife's GC by hitting a deer and backing off of a very large snow/ice pile than any trail its been on here in CO lol. Wife says our first trip in her new Bronco will be to Moab so I'm ok with that!
Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does not having sport mode in BL bug you?
To be honest...I'm trying to figure that out. I'm probably gonna have to let it go. I can get over not having a Sport mode way more than I can get over not having everything else I've talked about (ex: 12" screen, signature headlights AND taillights, MGV, etc.).
I do really wish BL had sport mode. But with the 2.7L, I'm not too worried about it. I will experiment to see if Baja mode can mimic sport mode by dropping into 2WD. But I've made my peace with it. If I were getting the 2.3L, it'd be a bigger deal to me. If I decide it is a bigger deal later, I can always just get an aftermarket tune.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do really wish BL had sport mode. But with the 2.7L, I'm not too worried about it. I will experiment to see if Baja mode can mimic sport mode by dropping into 2WD. But I've made my peace with it. If I were getting the 2.3L, it'd be a bigger deal to me. If I decide it is a bigger deal later, I can always just get an aftermarket tune.
My thoughts exactly...

Deleted member 15909

I already have an overkill Wrangler. No need to walk it back now.

Seriously, though, I've spent so long up to my wrists in axle grease disconnecting my manual "quick" swaybar and getting friends to stand on a sidestep to reconnect it that I could only get a Badlands. And I wheel fairly regularly so I'm guessing Squatch isn't that over the top.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not like sport mode is going to make it faster or slower than any other mode

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After bad experiences with a Chevy, Honda, and (the worst) Saturn, and a still great experience with Ford, I'm very brand loyal. While a Crosstrek or Outback would be better for my needs, I WANT a Bronco. Nothing else Ford is making right now appeals as much as the ride I've always wanted.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not like sport mode is going to make it faster or slower than any other mode
Faster or slower, maybe not in terms of final speed capability. But sport mode should make it quicker and more responsive.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overkill Shmoverkill.
My F150 is overkill for 90% of my daily use.
I could get away with a 2wd regular cab 98% of the time but In 2018 I bought a new screwcab sport. Wish I'd got a Raptor.
I am not the type of person that spends lots of money on going out to eat or fancy clothes. I drink cheap beer, hunt and fish for probably 40 percent of our food.
I will not deny myself a sweet ride!
It's a personal choice. Do you want to be sitting at a stoplight in a Honda Accord or sitting at a stoplight in a mud covered Bronco? I vote MUD!

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What meets the need is the car that is already in the driveway. But I’ve dreamed of a transformer truck like this since I was small. I’m getting the one with what I want. So, totally.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I prefer hiking to offroading. I need 4wd to get me up the roughest forest service roads and whatnot. Anything else is gravy... but at 46 years old, I’ve earned some gravy!

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on what you consider overkill. Wife's everyday driver and our family wheeler/overlander is a 2015 4Runner Trail Premium, on Bilstein 6112/5160's, 33's, some armor, and other small mods. That's what we take family camping and fishing, to the sand dunes, and long distance mild wheeling.

Originally had planned on a 2 door Black Diamond, 2.3/7-speed, sasquatch with not a whole lot of options. However, with some of the disappointment with features we will be losing from our current 2015 4Runner, color options, and the late/questionable availability of the Mansquatch, we are now looking at a Badlands with the optional beadlocks and the lux package. Overall I am very frustrated with Ford in this endeavor, we have been watching this since it was rumored. The interior color options are terrible, especially after spending months drooling over the colors in the pre production reveal vehicles, and so many items we cant get until 2022 is a bit maddening. Its an enthusiast vehicle, and they have massive hype, but unfortunately I am a perfect example of why Ford doesn't care. Even though this is the first, and probably only vehicle I will ever order, we are still settling on what we want and still buying it. Very sad that this is the reality, but if you want a first year, guess you just have to settle sometimes.
Sponsored