Sponsored

Is anyone else debating between builds on the opposite end of the spectrum?

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may sound a little crazy, but I cannot seem to decide between a Base Manual Sasquatch two door build or a loaded up 2.7 Badlands four door. The price difference is around $20k between the two. I will say that Ford did a very good job in making you want to spend that little bit more to get a little more. For me, a lot of it depends on my wife's next car. If it is a suitable weekend car/family hauler, then there is really no reason I can't go with something rather spartan that I will not feel as bad roughing up off road. The more expensive build on the other hand would get a lot more use, but cost a lot more and depreciate more in absolute dollar terms, especially if I decide I want something else in the near future, like a Warthog for example.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It may sound a little crazy, but I cannot seem to decide between a Base Manual Sasquatch two door build or a loaded up 2.7 Badlands four door. The price difference is around $20k between the two. I will say that Ford did a very good job in making you want to spend that little bit more to get a little more. For me, a lot of it depends on my wife's next car. If it is a suitable weekend car/family hauler, then there is really no reason I can't go with something rather spartan that I will not feel as bad roughing up off road. The more expensive build on the other hand would get a lot more use, but cost a lot more and depreciate more in absolute dollar terms, especially if I decide I want something else in the near future, like a Warthog for example.
Sounds like a conversation you need to have with your wife. I say that because my fiance chose to get a luxury vehicle with a smooth ride that she cleans everytime she steps inside of. That leaves me free to get a more fun vehicle that I hitch bikes onto and take into the woods

For you, if you guys can agree that she gets the family hauler and you get the fun, then honestly I think you're set

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Base Sasquatch is about the only thing that could get me out of a loaded Badlands. What finally solidified me staying with the Badlands was that I plan to daily drive it for at least the next 5 years. I am going to want the creature comforts I can get with the Lux package for my commute and longer road trips.

The Base Bronco already has more technology in it than my current daily driver (2010 JKU) so I wouldn't be losing anything, but I know I will really appreciate the luxuries for when I am not on the trail.

Can't wait for bluetooth! :ROFLMAO:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the same problem. Although Iā€™m going in for a white 2 dr Badlands 2.7 AT (because Iā€™m married), Iā€™d get a silver 2 dr base 2.3 MT if it were just for me.

OP
OP

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like I am not the only one who sees the appeal of the Base. Basically, by the time I get the Bronco and my Tacoma lease runs out, it will be time for a new car for my wife as well. She is pretty much open to anything, so no worries there really. My other two cars are two-seat roadsters, so not very practical. I guess a Badlands two door manual would still save a bunch and definitely has some appeal, but the two door Base is so obviously subsidized to keep it under $30k, that I don't feel the step up to any other trim is worth it for what you get. My two door Badlands build is about $10k more than my Base build. Cool, but not that cool.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same problem. Although Iā€™m going in for a white 2 dr Badlands 2.7 AT (because Iā€™m married), Iā€™d get a silver 2 dr base 2.3 MT if it were just for me.
Not sure if your spouse can drive manual. Mine can, so that makes things easier. Of course if the B&P holds true and the 2.7 is the price they say, I will go for the auto too.

Last edited:

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My back and forth is between a BB sasquatched or an OBX with lux package but no squat check. Both 2 door. Price diff is about 2 grand more for OBX. Iā€™m torn!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went through this for weeks. Decided on a Base SAS as it's the best value for what I need and want right now. I was all in for a loaded BL but I just can't see spending $50K on a vehicle I can't see and drive. I'll keep my loaded Ranger as my DD and use the Bronco for off roading and cruising around with the roof and doors off 9 months out of the year.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not as big of change but I go back and forth between (both 4DR) Base Sasquatch with 2.3 and Aux switches and floor liners and an Outer Banks Mid package with 2.3, mud flaps, aux switches, floor liners, advanced 4x4, locker and tow package. Just short of a 10K difference, but both are within my mental spending range.

Sponsored

Ntibbetts

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Base 2 door manual Sasquatch $36k
2. Base 2 door V6 Sasquatch $38k
3. Black Diamond 4 door Sasquatch $47k
4. Badland 4 door no Sas $46k
5. Black Diamond 4 door V6 no Sas $42k
6. Base 4 door Sasquatch $41k ($43k V6)

I bounce all over the map and bottom end saves me coin, the $5k upper to 4 door makes me say if I go 4 door I will just go up in trim as the penalty isnā€™t as much. Base to big bend is a 4900 upper in 2 door but 2700 in 4 door. 4 boys still at home makes me want the 5 seats to cruise with them but the 2 door is so much more nostalgic and looks better in my opinion.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went thru something similar but ultimately chose the 4 door badlands 2.7 with high package and 33s. In the end, we have 2 kids and decided to give my wife the 2 door lexus I currently drive. And trade in the family hauler Highlander she currently drives. So I get the new family hauler:)

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am bouncing between a 4 door OBX or 4 door BL at this point. V6 and Lux either way. However, my wife is 5'1" and wants (needs) steps. And, due to the gross weight, I can add more features from the factory that I want (roof rails, etc...) to the OBX. If I get the OBX I will go with leather, honestly the thing that I like most about the BL is the MGV seats and lack of carpet. I like the suspension, lockers, and tire size of the BL in case of the very slight chance I may ever rock crawl, but that is not too likely. If I get the OBX I will add the advanced 4 wheel drive with rear locker. Squatch was never on my list regardless of trim.

The wife wants me to go OBX too partially because she will hate it without steps added, and she likes power seats. Me, I just want a Bronco so that I can have a convertible in the summer that handles snow well in the winter and so that I can take any backroad I want when I visit Colorado. I will only likely do light offroading, and certainly nothing that requires the BL capabilities. But the BL is pretty awesome...

Last edited:

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cannot agree more with OP. I refer to Ford's crafty placement of key features on the different trim levels as a 'greased slide' that you either stay safely on the Base side of, or risk an uncontrolled non-stop pull until you are sitting at maxed out BadLands and wondering what the hell happened. I've done it every day since BnP came out LOL. It's really genius on their part.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was planning on going Badlands for a long time, but settled on Base because Ford missed the mark for me on a couple of things. Maybe after a few years of refinement, Iā€™ll be back for a Badlands, but for now Iā€™ll just tweak around with modding the Base.
Sponsored