Sponsored

Is anyone else seeing gouging on installing accessories?

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got a call from the dealership service writer with a price quote for installing and activating the perimeter+ module (they had me purchase separately through the parts department with some other accessories) and unlocking the full range to the rear speakers and he said $589.00!?! All labor.
I pushed back that it's on $50 for installing if I had ordered through the accessories page and they are already plugged in for the speakers to unlock. Now I'm waiting to hear from their administrator.

Holy hell, has anyone else seen anything like this?
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
seems excessive, dealer close by that you could change to? Make some calls around, probably easier than having to deal with the BS.

OP
OP

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

seems excessive, dealer close by that you could change to? Make some calls around, probably easier than having to deal with the BS.
Still awaiting word back from "administration". I'm picking it back up after work and checking in with the other locals. These guys are insane.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh yeah... I paid $593.91 for the tailgate table, rocker panel trail armor, and black titanium sill plates.
I put the sill plates in myself. The cost of installation at the dealer for the other two?

$736.24.

My Fordpass points paid for $350.00 of it.

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning to order the back door table from Ford, where it included an $80 installation charge. Until I talked to the dealer that told me they would just ignore that and charge me $200/hour for whatever time it took. Going with a local custom shop for that and some other items as well (they haven't impressed me much through this process).

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget the installation fees, I haven’t got past the asking price for the accessories.
Sponsored