Sponsored

Is anyone else waiting for Cactus Gray with Black Top / Next to Area 51 Black Top (Badlands with 33”)?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD in A51. Would love black top but not paying for it.
Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i am so with you on the 33” dilemma. Another factor. MT vs AT. my neighbor, who has a raptor, just replaced his 35” Mud tires with “35 all terrain. Said it drives like a new truck. Will their be 35” AT option with squatch? If not have to go with 33” on badlands, no?
Good question. I don't like the stock rims on Badlands so I'm also wondering if selecting the optional 33" Badlands wheels (with silver beauty ring) mandate change of tire, like the optional rims on Bronco Sport. Hope not.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question. I don't like the stock rims on Badlands so I'm also wondering if selecting the optional 33" Badlands wheels (with silver beauty ring) mandate change of tire, like the optional rims on Bronco Sport. Hope not.
Same here.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there rumors of modular tops being late delay?
This was discussed and I believe it was mentioned at the Tennessee super cel event.. something to do with the supplier and building a New plant to accommodate the needs??

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was discussed and I believe it was mentioned at the Tennessee super cel event.. something to do with the supplier and building a New plant to accommodate the needs??
Ok, I tried searching.Came up with nada

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I tried searching.Came up with nada
I will see if I can find it... but I could be making all this up in my drunken state of mind..

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am set on Badlands and 33” tires. I am not changing my mind again. Lol... Sure I will

However, I am really hoping to see a real Cactus Gray with Black Top / Next to Area 51 Black Top (Badlands with 33”). In addition, my understanding is that it should come with the Black Grille on Badlands if you get the Black top.

Is that correct?

Who else is deciding between Area 51 and Cactus Gray??
Yes x1000. DM me if you ever find this. We getting into the home stretch for hard decisions.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes x1000. DM me if you ever find this. We getting into the home stretch for hard decisions.
If you opt for the painted black top, you get the black grill and black mirrors too.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there rumors of modular tops being late delay?
It was posted on here a few weeks back. They're building a whole new plant or something where these tops will be made. Could lead to them being short on them. I'd have to do some digging to find who originally posted it.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was posted on here a few weeks back. They're building a whole new plant or something where these tops will be made. Could lead to them being short on them. I'd have to do some digging to find who originally posted it.
I finally found something. @Carolina Jim and @BroncoGuy mentioned it. I wander if they could shed some more light on this?

Last edited:

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am set on Badlands and 33” tires. I am not changing my mind again. Lol... Sure I will

However, I am really hoping to see a real Cactus Gray with Black Top / Next to Area 51 Black Top (Badlands with 33”). In addition, my understanding is that it should come with the Black Grille on Badlands if you get the Black top.

Is that correct?

Who else is deciding between Area 51 and Cactus Gray??
I’m in a similar boat. 33” tires and torn between those two colors. I actually prefer the carbonized gray MIC look with these colors, especially A51 (we haven’t seen much with a CG in production). I have a feeling A51 is the rising star versus CG because we are seeing it more often. Line them up side by side and I think CG might outshine.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally found something. @Carolina Jim and @BroncoGuy mentioned it. I wander if they could shed some more light on this?
Conflicting info....but then again what's new?

MIC + Painted tops supplied by Webasto Plymouth MI....well-established international company, but building a new production facility for this Ford contract.

One of the Ford dealers on the forum says Ford told them 2-3 weeks ago, "little to none MOD tops available initially."

Bronco Guy said a week ago he has heard zip about that. Plant construction scheduled to be completed Dec 2020. I think the reason we've seen such varied appearance of the MIC top is pre-pro units have been fabricated in different places/countries....plus Ford has changed the color spec at least once.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Conflicting info....but then again what's new?

MIC + Painted tops supplied by Webasto Plymouth MI....well-established international company, but building a new production facility for this Ford contract.

One of the Ford dealers on the forum says Ford told them 2-3 weeks ago, "little to none MOD tops available initially."

Bronco Guy said a week ago he has heard zip about that. Plant construction scheduled to be completed Dec 2020. I think the reason we've seen such varied appearance of the MIC top is pre-pro units have been fabricated in different places/countries....plus Ford has changed the color spec at least once.
Thank you for the very informative reply! (y)