Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the two door had matched the interior cargo space of my 2013 escape I probably would’ve went that route. Since not, the 4 door was an easy choice.
Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not at all.

I have a 2 door jeep for this same reason.

Mother- n-law lives with us. Mother-in-law can get into the wifes 4 door. She can not crawl into my 2 door.

Decision made.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm joshing anyways, no judgement. You do you, Obviously the Bronco will have a range of users and needs. I have a 4dr small SUV that has about thrice the storage of the 2dr which I will miss - but I also used to have a great muscle car with about similar storage of the 2dr, and I loved it.

So there will always be trade offs.
Yeah no worried homie! Just explaining what swayed me, for now anyways lol. I've changed colors so many times already deciding.

My hope is dealers will have a floor model of both at least so people can see in person what the proportions are for them. I might end up in a 2 door base at the end of the day lmfao, right now 4 door black diamond with running boards is my jam.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want 2D in black or dark gray. My wife wants 4D in CG or Area 51. She says “Let’s compromise . We can get the 2D but I get to pick the color”

Reserved 2D OB (will most likely switch to Badlands)

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went down the road of a new 4 door Jeep after owning multiple classic 2 doors. Never again, I finally found another nice YJ.

Always loved the old Broncos and Lord willing the JKU will be replaced with a new 2 door Bronco!

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
having major trouble deciding.

I love the look of the 2 door. Like its strikingly good and will likely perform better off road.

However the 4 door has a slightly bigger fuel tank , i can take off the doors far more often because of the storage. And the car has massive storage with the seats folded down. But it looks ugly as piss compared to the 2 door.

Its the ultimate utility vs fat swinging balls argument

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can take the seats out with a socket wrench! ;)
I’ve been combing through pictures of the front row to tailgate pics....still up in the air. I am pretty tall and it would be nice to sleep inside if the crossbar loads can’t handle a rooftop tent. I also have inflatable paddleboards (which pack up nice), lightweight tents, skis and a downhill mountain bike that I use quite often. It will be a chin scratcher for sure. If anyone has any photos they would like to share.... I sooo appreciate it!

I also remember someone had an overlay of side view of 2D vs 4D but I can’t find it now. Dang it!

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went down the road of a new 4 door Jeep after owning multiple classic 2 doors. Never again, I finally found another nice YJ.

Always loved the old Broncos and Lord willing the JKU will be replaced with a new 2 door Bronco!
Thank you for this. What were the major cons of 4D?

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot bring myself to own a 2 door ever again. I get impatient enough waiting for my kids to climb out of a 4 door. I cannot imagine how much I would age if every time they also had to navigate around a seat.

Seriously, how does it take 3+ minutes to unbuckle a seatbelt and get out of a car?!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm definitely willing to hear these debates.

I was patiently waiting to upgrade from my access cab Tacoma to a 4 door Tacoma until the Bronco, and reserved a 4 door.

But, even the 2 door Bronco has more interior storage than both of those trucks.

Tough decision because that 2 door has amazing proportions.

The ability to sleep in the back and store the doors may be the deciding factor for me.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was 2D all the day but am worried about cargo space. Once we get the 2nd row seats figured out I’ll have a better conclusion.
That's the rub... I have a 4runner now (4dr) and as little as I really need the space and as much as I love the 2dr bronco I can't help but wonder if I will miss the extra space. Hard to tell just how much we will be missing in the 2dr though.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No trouble here. I only drive 2DR vehicles. Kids love crawling in the back seat. It’s a win win for me. Would love the extra cargo of a long wheelbase 2DR, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two weeks ago I was all in on the 2 door but as time is going on I’m beginning to get closer to a 50/50 split.

The 4 door has:

- a larger fuel tank
- stowable doors in the back
- much larger cargo area
- rear seat AC duct (unconfirmed on 2dr)
- 8/10-way power adjustable seats
- cargo tray

The 2 door I mostly prefer for the proportions (looks better) and it’ll likely off-road better.
Sponsored