Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door. Bigger gas tank. Flat rear floor option. Doors fit in the back. More room in the back and trunk. Longer wheel base will ride better.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do a lot of overlanding/long distance off-road camping. It doesn’t affect me as much, because I can get away with a <110lb rooftop tent, but will have to find more space or consider an exoskeleton for extra fuel, storage, bikes, gear etc. Knowing the 2 door seats aren’t “removable” may have me considering a 4 door, which unfortunately has the same rooftop ratings (but extra cargo space)! My little Subaru sedan is rated just as much for rooftop capability. I’m still excited regardless.
An Exo-cage for more gear, that sounds crazy, in a cool way!
I'm betting the aftermarket will come through in spades on the camping/storage front.
Considering what all they can do with the rear bumpers on the early Broncos..... cooler racks over fuel/water can racks, spare tire swing aways w/ hi-lift mounts, etc etc.
Plus the roof top tent systems.
I've never overlanded, but I've seen some cool little trailers built for that, riding on 33's and whatnot.

Ford Bronco Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door? 1596318201068

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No wife, no kids! 2 door is a no brainier!
I’m in the same boat as you no wife or kids 2 door all the way got plenty of room For all my gear when I go skeet shooting. And room for nephew in the back

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wasn't too hard of a decision. Looked at pictures of both and I dig the 2 door for the classic, OG look. Asked the wife - what do you think - 2 door or 4 door and she said 2 door of course! Who am I to argue! Love the look of the 2 door!

Sponsored

Sundog

Heritage
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I prefer the look of the two door but have to go with the four door. I hunt, camp and hike a with friends and usually take my pickup. It does not take long to fill the back of the bed with their gear and mine when heading out for four or five days. I will need the additional cargo room for sure and also need the larger fuel tank. Not many gas stations when elk hunting in New Mexico.

Reactions: Wyo

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2 door, have an Explorer for hauling junk around and the leg room in back is the same. Daughter loves riding in the back of the Mustang so 2dr Bronco will be like a limo.
That will make a great vanity plate: DADLIMO

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a kid, 4 door was a no brainier. The people on this forum aren't representative. The 4 door will definitely outsell the 2 door just like the Wrangler
Yeah, I reserved the 2 door, but have been leaning 4door.
I'm going to want to wheel it WITH the family.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a 4 door rubicon in 2007 when they were sitting on the lots with no interest. Actually had the salesperson laugh that I wanted “the minivan jeep”. Fast forward and now they’re obviously far more popular than the 2 doors. It’s served me well for toting my kiddo and her friends around, snowboarding and camping trips, etc etc. Ill admit the more prevalent 4 doors became over the past decade it made me nostalgic for my TJ I sold many years ago. I’ll keep the rubi sedan but am super excited to be getting the 2-door bronco as my needs have changed a bit. Awesome thing is I think we’ll all be happy regardless of the number of doors we buy.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
With the Wrangler, it was easy to decide 4 door, but this freaking Bronco is so damn PROPORTIONATELY BEAUTIFUL that it makes you want the 2 door even though you know how much more practical the 4 door is!

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When Ford announced the Bronco was coming back I said if its not available in a 2 door with a removable top than its not a Bronco, just a rebadged Escape. Ford delivered. I put my money where my mouth is. Reserved a 2 door Bronco Badlands.

Edit: My first child is a month old yesterday, I want another. I still got a 2 door knowing this. My wife has a VW Tiguan. That'll be our people carrier.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Middle aged single dude here.
That was my initial thinking as well....BUT.
I started thinking about utility (I'm a musician sometimes), and my sister has a messed up leg and mom and dad are up there in age, so I'd prefer to have a 4 door in case I ever need to drive any or all of them anywhere.
Also I have a tiny car right now and I'd love the luxury of being able to sleep comfortably in it if needed (ya never know).
Also my main logic is if they come out with some other bronco trims later on down the road or limited edition version if I want to trade in, the 4 door is going to have a higher trade in value.

I honestly wouldn't mind having a bronco payment even into retirement (still another 20 years off lmfao) I love the Bronco heritage to the bone.
Funny you should mention sleeping in it...I was thinking today About the wide open roof with the top off and wondered if it’s possible to string a hammock on it. Wouldn’t that be awesome

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door will be more popular, more utilitarian, and have better resale. 2 door will be better offroad.

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone can find that 2D vs 4D overlay in a previous post..... I would be forever grateful.
Sponsored