Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door? 45C0E353-DC8D-4EF4-AF6C-21C8F72198F5

Look at those machines. you really can’t go wrong. The 4 door looks better than the 2 door when you’re removing the doors/roof but i like the 2 door when the doors are on.

going with the 4 Door for the open air and for the space. We’ll just be able to sleep in there. I’m buying a 2 door once the 4 door is close to being paid off.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was having a hard time deciding until I remembered I have a girlfriend and a 60 pound dog that will take up the back bench.
4 door easy. The 2 door has very little storage space for me.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the split doors are possibly just an unofficial accessory, but let's pretend they aren't for a minute. They look awesome on the 2-door, but I still haven't decided whether I'm getting the 2- or 4-door. Any indication yet why they might not fit the 4-door? Any proof that the front doors on the 4-door are NOT the same specs as the 2-door?

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I'm having that difficulty. I think its absolute garbage that the 4 door has a soft top, and the hard top will cost extra. Hard tops should be standard equipment. The aftermarket will provide dozens of soft tops for those who want them. I like the look of the 2 door, but the practicality/cargo space of a 4 door would be really nice, and they still look pretty dang good. Also I think for what I'll be using it for, the extra length won't really be a capability problem, as I'm more of a trail crawler than a rock crawler.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep! Reserved a Badlands 2dr but after playing with configurations on the Interactive Garage. I like them both equally now. I do wish the 2dr had the same size tank. 16.9g is extremely small for off-roading in the middle of nowhere. I do not want to have to carry 10-15g of gas every time I put in a 250-300 mile day. Coming from the Raptor world, I know how much fuel we needed and where I'm from gas stations can be 100-150 miles away! I also like the ability to store the doors and roof in the back and the 5th seat. Not crazy about the extra 17+ inches but then the 2dr is a beast compared to my 68 Bronco. Some tight forest trails you'd be glad you have the 2dr but 95% of the time or more, it's really not going to matter. Love 'em both! Can't go wrong either way!

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.....Any indication yet why they might not fit the 4-door? Any proof that the front doors on the 4-door are NOT the same specs as the 2-door?
There are only a few certainties in life; the fact that the bronco front doors will be the same is one of them.

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are only a few certainties in life; the fact that the bronco front doors will be the same is one of them.
Gonna need a source for such a confident assertion.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep! Reserved a Badlands 2dr but after playing with configurations on the Interactive Garage. I like them both equally now. I do wish the 2dr had the same size tank. 16.9g is extremely small for off-roading in the middle of nowhere. I do not want to have to carry 10-15g of gas every time I put in a 250-300 mile day. Coming from the Raptor world, I know how much fuel we needed and where I'm from gas stations can be 100-150 miles away! I also like the ability to store the doors and roof in the back and the 5th seat. Not crazy about the extra 17+ inches but then the 2dr is a beast compared to my 68 Bronco. Some tight forest trails you'd be glad you have the 2dr but 95% of the time or more, it's really not going to matter. Love 'em both! Can't go wrong either way!
Best response in this thread! And yes I read all 6 pages because I was conflicted. Something like 70/30 4dr/2dr

2dr enthusiasts: Please dont 4dr shame me when you see me rollin' with the lux truck

mike43201

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going with a 4 door, even though I'm single for now and probably don't want to have kids ever.

It will be my only vehicle, so having space is important. I want the versatility and cargo room, and want to make it the road trip vehicle for my friends and I for camping, rafting, skiing, etc. I like the wide open roof of the 4 door, too.

I also have an inking to drive it for uber for fun anytime I'm bored on a Friday or Saturday night in the summer with the top off (or winter for that matter - top on). Obviously this isn't the most economical vehicle for this, but it would be one of the most fun. This might subsidize some upgrades...

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to bum you out, but the chief engineer who designed the Bronco confirmed the door sizes are different--the two-door is longer than the four-door. This is actually true with almost every two/four-door variations in vehicles. I can dig up the YouTube video if you need proof.

Actually, photos of each from the side profile are easiest to show the doors are different. Notice the two-door has a notch up at the rear, more like an elongated version of the four-door's rear doors. The front doors on the four-door are flat. The size is best shown with an overlay.

two_door.jpg

four_door.jpg

two_door_four_door_overlay.jpg

Last edited:

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Their will be a Yakima roof rack available if you were worried about space. I have kids and got the four door. I'm wondering if I should of got the two door so they don't fall out.lol

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, let's all stipulate that the two-door Bronco is substantially better-looking than the four-door, no matter what. Doors on, doors off, roof on, roof off. The two-door has all the right proportions. That said, for a four door, the larger Bronco is well done. Maybe the best looking four-door version of a two-door SUV available anywhere.

I'm going with the two-door primarily because of how it looks and it's enough to meet our needs. The back seat folds down if or when I ever need it to. While the idea of driving without doors seems interesting on paper, I think the reality would make me a little uneasy doing that on public roads. And off-road? Who wants all that dust getting everywhere? We're far more likely to pop off the roof panels, and there are less to manage in the two-door. The occasional need to put someone in the back doesn't factor in enough. Smaller gas tank? What does that mean? I have to stop and stretch my legs every four hours instead of five? I guess having already lived with the diminutive tank in the Escape, I'm already habitualized to Fords with small tanks. :) (Both models should have bigger tanks than they do.) The two-door is a better off-roader. It's also about seven inches longer than a two-door Wrangler (with four extra inches between the wheels), so it's going to be roomier than that.

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have kids, need bigger gas tank like every body ( maybe after market come with a solution in the future !! ), nice to keep the back doors in the trunk, yes 4 doors is better in every way but haay i want a 2 door used to own 2 doors over the years .

Now the question is why you want the short version ?
Does it look better or maby drive better while offering or wife or or or !!

My answer i don't care my eyes guide me to the shorter version for no reason, yes i may change my mind but for now I'm 98% 2 doors

Any idea in the difference in size between them in numbers ?
Sponsored