Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A reserved a 4 door, but the 2 door keeps drawing me back in. I would love to see both in person before ordering, but don't think that's happening.
My daily driver is a 4dr Rubicon. I have to admit that I really like the extra room and rear doors for the convenience factor. I'm always throwing thing in the back seat and enjoy the easy access to the rear seats.
Personally I think they both look fantastic and which everyone we decide will be show stoppers. I do admit Ford has nailed the look on both the 2 dr. and 4 dr. If they drive as good as they look we're all going to own one awesome 4 x 4.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand that some will want 4 door due to children. Personally, after looking at the 2 and 4 dr, and the price delta, I think you can buy some really good walking shoes for the kids and get the 2 dr.

Just a suggestion.... :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2dr was an easy choice for me. Kids are grown and gone. When they are home, they don't all fit in one vehicle anyway, so no reason for the extra room. My wife always has a 4dr SUV if we need space for 4 adults.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im honestly surprised by all the 2 door guys. I thought it would have a fraction of the sales. Just kinda looks dopey with odd proportions to me. 4 door all day.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a JLU right now and absolutely love it, but I'll be out of warranty this March, and I generally like to try different things every so often, so a Bronco is definitely in my future maybe after it's been out for a year or two. I'm leaning toward the 2-door because it seems like it has more room than a 2-door JL. My wife and I have one daughter, and she'll be 3 or 4 by the time I get the Bronco, so it should be ok.

But I will say, and this kinda goes with the message I read when I signed up for this forum, just be careful about starting to divide your new (or... revitalized, I guess) community. I saw it with jeeps even recently, local jeep clubs refusing to allow 4-doors, making fun of them, etc. They're all jeeps and these are all gonna be Broncos, so saying stuff like "2-door is the only real Bronco" doesn't help the community grow and only serves to divide and administer meaningless purity tests.

Just build the community and be welcoming to all, is my advice. Both models have their ups and downs, so it's a wash and personal preference in the end.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. Same thing happened in the Raptor community when the 6.2l was replaced with you know what lol! Yep, we all need to enjoy our choice and have a big ol' smile when we see another Bronco on the trail! That's the best part...the Bronco is coming back!!

Thoria

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mom of 2 boys. Have to get the 4 door though I’m in love with the 2 door.

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going 2-door (BD+2.7+mid in Cactus G). Just love the look and proportions of the 2-door. This will be a 3rd car for the family. Have two teenage boys and one will be driving by the time I get this machine. Wifey has a newer Honda Pilot for hauling bodies, I am keeping my 2010 F150 supercrew for heavy lifting and dump runs. The Bronco will be daddy's toy. Got my res in the morning of 7/15, so hopefully this means I will get mine within the first few weeks, but who knows. It's hard to figure out if the bulk of the reservations came in after a few days once the release filtered to the mainstream public. Or, did a bulk come in the day of release as the hardcore have been chomping at the bit for the last few years. Regardless, I'm placing an order and good things come to those who wait. Hoping Ford is under promising and will over deliver.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I cant stand kids so I dont have any. Two door Broncos are real Broncos.

Sponsored

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a two door but I am having second thoughts.
For me it's 2 Door or it's not a Bronco. I grew up around 2 door trucks like Blazer, Jimmy, Bronco, Scout, Cherokee... When I think 4 door, I think my friend's dad getting the groceries in his Suburban. Emotional memories... Isn't that what the Bronco was brought back for?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They’re all real Broncos. Even an Outer Banks with Hello Kitty stickers on it is going to perform better than most vehicles off concrete. You guys are getting a little nuts. If you go down the “real Bronco” path you’re setting your self up for the same criticism from previous owners.
Again, i saw folks not familiar with their history saying the 2 door must have been inspired by the Rav 4’s of years ago. I know a Bronco owner who will only stick with his 72 because he thinks the tech in these new ones is ridiculous. So it can come from all angles.

every single Bronco of this new generation is going to be just as capable and in many ways more rugged than the stock Broncos we grew up with. Every new Bronco model looks badass. I want to own a 4 door and a 2 door one day at the same time.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro