Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 door bronco is much bigger then the 2 door jeep. It even looks like it has bigger interior room then the 4 door jeep. At least from above anyway.
Yes, Ford "fixed" that Jeep problem, too. The 2-door is about 5 inches longer between the wheels and 7 inches longer overall. It's a much better size while still competing in the off-road specs (approach, departure, breakover). Interestingly, the 4-door Bronco and Jeep are much closer in size, suggesting Jeep got that right. Maybe that's why 2-door Jeeps have lost so much popularity. I'm going to guess that 2-door Broncos make a higher percentage of Bronco sales than 2-door Jeeps do for Jeep sales.
Sponsored

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems the 2-door draws us from the emotional side and the 4-door draws us from the practicality side. I can't wait to have my first 2-door in ages! This will be only the second car I've had that wasn't strictly practical. :)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im honestly surprised by all the 2 door guys. I thought it would have a fraction of the sales. Just kinda looks dopey with odd proportions to me. 4 door all day.
I was reading a article that said approximately 60% 4 door reservation and 40% 2 door. But don't know where they got info so wouldn't say it's fact.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was reading a article that said approximately 60% 4 door reservation and 40% 2 door. But don't know where they got info so wouldn't say it's fact.
Yeah I'm just an old man (GenX) these days. Get off my lawn with your fancy toy 2 doors. I got babies to haul! :D

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I might get both...
I have a four door reserved right now, but I might end up getting a Two door once my first purchase is paid off and they hopefully have a raptor version available. In 5 years, my oldest will be getting her drivers license and will either be getting a bronco or my focus. I will be getting a new daily driver, which might be a two door with Sasquatch.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think I might get both...
I have a four door reserved right now, but I might end up getting a Two door once my first purchase is paid off and they hopefully have a raptor version available. In 5 years, my oldest will be getting her drivers license and will either be getting a bronco or my focus. I will be getting a new daily driver, which might be a two door with Sasquatch.
Thats my plan. 4 door now. 2 door in five years. I love them both. They’re both mean and cool looking.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a 2 door daily driver, the thought of not having to open my own door, get out, wait an eternity for my power seat to slide forward just to let someone in is just a dream to me for a convertible... Most of the time I just drop the top so I only have to fold my seatback forward and the passenger can just walk right in, no bending over at all, but when it's raining or snowing it's just plain embarrassing.

5-0Jackson

Black Diamond
First Name
Keri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Range Rover Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can’t decide either. Need the space, but the doors with the cutouts may make a 2 door worthwhile.
I’m picturing in my head a 4 door with those cutout doors on all 4 or just front two, and neither looks right. (They may not be available for the 4 door anyway.)
Please let me know if y’all agree that those accessory doors would only look good on the 2 door

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t decide either. Need the space, but the doors with the cutouts may make a 2 door worthwhile.
I’m picturing in my head a 4 door with those cutout doors on all 4 or just front two, and neither looks right. (They may not be available for the 4 door anyway.)
Please let me know if y’all agree that those accessory doors would only look good on the 2 door
Given the supposed door size difference between the 2 and 4 door, and unlikely offering of only 2 of the 4 door version, I’d say if the 4 door doesn’t look right then that’ll be your answer.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i was sure I wanted a 4 door until I started seeing more and more pics of the two door. Now I am not so sure. I sure hope there is an opportunity to see them in person before I finalize my order.

Come on mannequin models @ Granger or I may have to drive to Detroit and just hang out near the plant.

I mean if Granger can't get them, who can. They have to be the reservation leader in the country by now.

Albert, make it happen. I want to see Iowa in the Fall! :cool:

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They look cool, I'd probably have to pass for practicality sake because of winters where I live

We've only seen them on a two door, perhaps because of the longer door lengths, but we'll have to see if 4 DR gets its own version I guess

I've seen others confirm it will be a factory option rather than after market, but probably safer to wait and see than speculate

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are only a few certainties in life; the fact that the bronco front doors will be the same is one of them.
2 door bronco has longer doors than the 4 door. Also why you can’t store them in the rear like the 4 door

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea in the difference in size between them in numbers ?
The specs from Ford show the 4-door is substantially bigger. 16" longer in the wheelbase and overall length. The back seats in the 2-door will be between the wheel wells, so it will be for two, whereas the 4-door will have the wheel wells behind and fit three-wide in the back. The Bronco is about two inches wider than an Escape (not counting the mirrors, so the back seat of the four-door is probably best for no more than two adults plus a smaller kid, or three adults for a shorter trip as they'd be shoulder-to-shoulder. The four-door will also have quite a bit more space in the cargo area. Maybe up to 10" deeper, but that's speculation without actual concrete measurements right now.

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I debated 2 door and 4 door. 2 door looks better to me and is less money. The 4 door though has more room. Like, it appears to be a lot more. But it comes down to this. I'm 24 with no kids. I don't need that extra room right now. I'm going with the 2 door.
Sponsored