Sponsored

Is anyone switching to the 4 door because on the standard soft top?

Mississippi Man

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 2 door and still thinks it looks the best but I really want a soft top for it. I want the convenience of it and I don’t care to have a hard top so I am considering the 4 door now. Anyone else in this dilemma?
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there will be aftermarket soft tops if you have any interest in having a 2 door with 2 tops.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a 2 dr and would prefer a soft top over the gray MIC top. But I'm not willing to go after a 4 dr because of being able to get a soft top. I prefer 2dr > 4dr more than soft > hard top. I'd rather get the 2 dr and get a white modular top when they are available.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my only major complaint with the Bronco offerings at launch. I am genuinely surprised there is no two door factory soft top offering. At least with a Badlands or Black Diamond rain shouldn't stop you from going topless. :cool:

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved a 2 door and still thinks it looks the best but I really want a soft top for it. I want the convenience of it and I don’t care to have a hard top so I am considering the 4 door now. Anyone else in this dilemma?
Not me.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the 2 door soft top , I plan to go after market. All 1st gen broncos only came with a metal removal hard top. I am use to upgrading my vehicles after purchase for a few items such as this.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really, i chose 4 door and upgrading to
Hard top

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope! 2 door or bust!

I've never owned a hard top so I'll roll with it for a while and see how much I miss the soft top. Aftermarket will be all over it in no time.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Negative Ghostwriter. Bimini top will do me just fine.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered the 4-Door and am happy with the soft top. I have had soft tops with multiple jeeps and they are fine in the winter and with road noise on the highway (depending on the tires you have). I prefer the soft top because when we and want to drive with the top off it’s easier to store and not lose storage space. Even with the modular top for the Bronco you would have to take it and store it in the back and based on photos I’ve seen you have no space left to store anything.
And I live on the NE - Phila area so we get plenty of snow and the soft tops hold up fine.
Good luck choosing.

tbirdbrian

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbirds, Mustangs, a Lincoln and Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not even a little bit. Broncos have 2 doors.

The kid is in college, my wife has a sedan and this is a toy for me. I can see how some people need 4 doors for family transportation reasons, but at that point your Bronco is just a station wagon. With a removable top.

I want a Bronco to be a vintage Bronco. Early Broncos were built to do work and have fun. I doubt many early Broncos were purchased as daily driver family haulers. And if they were, the kids climbed over into the back and dealt with it. (The '70s were a different time, I'll admit)

That's just my opinion. Others may vary. But 2 Doors Rule!
Sponsored